First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Drive 90! Works like a charm LOL.... I have 37’s, auto, JLUR...I do see 8th gear, however as soon as the wind blows at me or I hit a little hill it shifts to 7th... I plan on re gearing to at least 4.88’s, more than likely 5.13’s.. There’s no point in going from a 4.10 to a 4.56 :/. Waste of money for very little gain in anything...
Was thinking 4:88 with this trans too tall but you’re considering 5:13? Is your decision more about off-road performance or overall driveability? My current need is DD with occasional runs off pavement with little to no rock climbing. South Florida doesn’t afford much in the way of rocks. Lots of malls. Lol

DudeJeeper

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Granite HardRock Rubicon.
so I’m back in forth on whether I want 35s or 37s for my JL rubicon... everyone is telling me to go with 35s on my first Jeep..

Yet I haven’t found one person on the site that regrets 37s.. but I see daily where someone gets 35s and wishes they were 37s

So... anyone regret their 37s?
I don’t Regret 37’s for a Second. Speedo is off a little. The JL with the 8 speed trans didn’t even notice. Scrubs a little in the back but I love it.

7C9C7DC8-C444-440D-AB79-A664B6473CE3.jpeg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Thanks, I'm headed to YouTube right now.

I'm about 49.999% convinced to go 37's. I can live with the MPG's, just concerned about the 2 inch lift being adequate and any future effect on gearing.
The gearing is fine with a rubi at low end, getting it into 8th or even 7th gear on the freeway is rare.

My mileage at 40-50 mph on mountain roads was about 20 mpg, on the freeway 80 mph fully loaded luggage close to 13 mpg. On average I am about 15 mpg.

You will need to rip out trim in rear wheel well. you should not need to cut any metal. Mine with 2.5 lift hits the rear fenders lip first when at near full flex. There are multiple videos on you tube about this.

Stock wheels with spider trax spacers

Sponsored

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
Something for the OP to consider is if they would need to change gears to go to 35s. Not sure but if their circumstances warrant that than I think logically best to go 37 because I know I’d regret not having gone 37 after that expense.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Picking up my new ride tomorrow and ordering 37's when I get home, also ordering the Mopar 2" lift. Here are the wheels I'm going with too.
Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 3.00.18 PM.jpg

deitrick1

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
With 37s, I'd urge anyone to regear to 4.88. I lived that nightmare of powerlessness in my JK. Once I went to 4.88 my power returned and my mpg went back up (1-2 mpg) since I didn't need to floor it to speed up or maintain speed. This was with a 6-speed though. And back in the JK days, autos needed it more, but I expect JLs would appreciate it too given the reports of no 8th gear.

Only reason to go 5.13 with 37s is for off road ability. Too much for daily driver IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Beardedgator

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL RUBICON
A lot of people will bring up mpg.. but hell.. most cases are a difference in 2 mpg between a 37 and a 35..

I’ve done the math, I have a 50 mile round trip commute and that equates to about $25 more per month.. I pay more “extra” per month for channels I don’t watch and food I don’t eat. Sounds like an easy decision if that’s the only thing holding someone back

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Mopar lift with 37’s and I couldn’t be happier.
This looks nice. Did you need to remove or heat/bend the lower rear fender area or have any other rubbing spots. I am trying to understand what are the mopar lift with 37's rubbing issues, especially for a more daily driver than off road usage.

Wdreno

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl Rubicon
Just to add thought to 37" tires on the rubicon modle. I had been out of town for just about 2 weeks. So I hadn't driven the jeep. Prior to leaving town I considered regearing with 37s. I've been driving the jeep more in last 2 days on a more normal way like I've had the jeep for a yr. I dont think I'll be regearing. Its does everything it needs to do. I think I was over analyzing the difference between stock and 37s for the street. Also to consider is off road. I think people need to consider what off reading they do. 4 to 1 in transfercase is pretty low in my opinion for trail riding it's to low. Rock crawling on the other hand u never can be to low. I have a tj 3 speed auto with atlas 4 with 2.72, 3.8 with 38s and 5.13 I wish I ordered my transfer case with 2.0 instead of 2.72 for trail riding

TexasAG90

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
VP of Sales
Height considerations aside. Here are my real 37" questions/concerns:

1) Will a Mopar 2" lift allow for 37's? (assume no wild off-road situations)

2) What backspace on the wheels would I need to avoid any rubbing problems? (assume 17 x 9 unless 18 x 9's would work)

3) Are there gearing and/or axle ramifications that I need to consider? If 37's require re-gearing to get the best MPG and around town/highway performance, then I'm out....
I'm running 37's on a 2" mopar lift on my jlur and its honestly the perfect fit and finish. 35's with the rubicons higher fenders look to small when you lift it. Dont feel any need to regear. I did add the Tazer jl to reprogram for tire size to get back to higher gas mileage.

Jeep lifted 1.jpg

jeep lifted 2.jpg

jeep lifted 3.jpg
Sponsored