Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That's weird. The only prompts I get are when a massive storm is moving in.

Just about nobody, of course, should be using the built-in navigation. It's horrid in comparison to what can be rendered on the same screen through a phone.
Exactly. There are so many great nav apps on phones that work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and have offline map capabilities. Nav was actually an option on my daughters 2018 Compass TrailHawk with the 8.4. I wish we could have opted out of it too.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Anyone know if Jscan can do this too? Hate to buy a $50 license for AlphaOBD for just this one feature when I've already shelled out for Jscan.
UPDATE: pinged JScan on FB and they confirmed that you can do this with their app, as well. Haven't tested it yet, I need to reconnect all my cables still.

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio 326282625_1394074087663575_3160126345672780826_n

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Super, I promise you're a rare occurrence. What update does it say you need? Love to see the screen shot. Your jeep must be a few years old and have never been in for service (they usually flash it then).
It is a few years old, and it hasn’t been to the dealer since I bought it mid 2021.

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio CA4EEADF-C55C-4B70-B0B6-0E6A9D1E9103

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: pinged JScan on FB and they confirmed that you can do this with their app, as well. Haven't tested it yet, I need to reconnect all my cables still.

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio CA4EEADF-C55C-4B70-B0B6-0E6A9D1E9103
Is this for the honk when you hit a certain pressure? I thought you needed the newer style sensors for that to work too. The old sensors don't update frequently enough.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Anyone know if Jscan can do this too? Hate to buy a $50 license for AlphaOBD for just this one feature when I've already shelled out for Jscan.

I’m going to have to try this again, I tried to turn it on with JScan a while back but it wouldn’t take. Hmmmm,

Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to have to try this again, I tried to turn it on with JScan a while back but it wouldn’t take. Hmmmm,

Gregj
sounds similar to my attempts at auto high beams with JScan. I get the option in the menu to enable/disable on the radio, but it doesn't work even though I have Adaptive Cruise. JScan suggested getting my Jeep reflashed at the dealer, but I'm not going to bother since it would cost me.

I think some options are age/version dependent

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Is this for the honk when you hit a certain pressure? I thought you needed the newer style sensors for that to work too. The old sensors don't update frequently enough.
Based on my research, it seems as though 2021 is the key year - you're right, you can't just enable the software without having the right hardware. I have a mid-year 2021 model, so will be curious if I can enable and have it working.

It's not a requirement for me, but it would sure be handy, and I already have the full JScan setup, so no real risk/cost to test and see.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
What version are you guys getting updated to? Go to the Dealer Mode, hit System Information, then Radio Part Information and snap a screenshot. It should tell you what version you're running. Hold both the driver side temperature up and down buttons as well as the front defrost button for several seconds to get there.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Just about nobody, of course, should be using the built-in navigation. It's horrid in comparison to what can be rendered on the same screen through a phone.
I find the built in nav to be useful. I don't know that I'd pay for it, but it is better than the other built in nav systems I've used in the past. I use it somewhat often while in new places where I don't have cell coverage and didn't download a map (which seems to be more frequent than I'd have thought, I guess I choose to not prepare). I always go for my phone first, but the built in nav is a decent backup. Better then breaking out the paper map. I agree phone apps are better, and with Gaia's carplay integration that's even true for offroad applications, but I don't have any issue with the built in nav.

LOBBS

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Quality Manager in Automotive Aftermarket
I got mine Tuesday night as I was pulling into home. I didn't trust it to not error out in some way and drain my battery overnight so I cruised around until it finished 😅. Can't really see that it changed anything on the user facing side.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
When I pulled into work today, my 8.4 radio said it wanted to install an update. I guess we'll see what happens later on today when I go home.
Has anyone else gotten an update recently?
I figured they were done with Uconnect4 units and moved on with Uconnect5.. I didn't expect any more updates.
Nice humble brag, Mr... Look at me, I live in area supported by Jeep and actually get updates for my infotainment.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Is this OTA only for certain year vehicles ? My jlr is a 202. So far no update.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Is this OTA only for certain year vehicles ? My jlr is a 202. So far no update.
I am also a 2020. I havent had this update pop up yet, but i did have one a year or 2 ago. and 4-5 years ago on my durango with 8.4. so i assume OTA is not new jeeps only

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I am also a 2020. I havent had this update pop up yet, but i did have one a year or 2 ago. and 4-5 years ago on my durango with 8.4. so i assume OTA is not new jeeps only
Thanks for your reply. I had one also a year or so ago. Maybe two. Can’t remember. One for sure. I remember getting the orp on that one. Be interesting to see what’s in this one.
Sponsored