Sponsored

Uconnect manual update for Infotainment.com 8.4?

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Got my 8.4 from Infotainment.com today. Simple install and works great. Now, wanting to find and flash latest firmware. Where can I find the zip?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Got my 8.4 from Infotainment.com today. Simple install and works great. Now, wanting to find and flash latest firmware. Where can I find the zip?
Your 8.4 from Infotainment.com shipped to you with the latest firmware that is available at the time. Mine shipped that way. I did a chat with their support to be sure.

OP
OP
lpasq

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Your 8.4 from Infotainment.com shipped to you with the latest firmware that is available at the time. Mine shipped that way. I did a chat with their support to be sure.
Mine is USA-ASO-8.4-QR-37.4.020200715-Q0F1 and I have no backup grid lines unless rebooting, and then they’ll disappear again soon after reset. Their are other threads here talking about a current update going out to OE 8.4s that specifically fix the disappearing backup lines bug. I’m reaching out to Infotainment.com later.

What’s your ‘Application version?’

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Mine is USA-ASO-8.4-QR-37.4.020200715-Q0F1 and I have no backup grid lines unless rebooting, and then they’ll disappear again soon after reset. Their are other threads here talking about a current update going out to OE 8.4s that specifically fix the disappearing backup lines bug. I’m reaching out to Infotainment.com later.
You will not get over the air updates since your vehicle didn't not come with the 8.4.

Your best bet is to do as you said and reach out to Infotainment.com. Their support is excellent.

What’s your ‘Application version?’
I'd have to check later on. I'm at work and my vehicle is at the train station parking lot.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
39.5 is going to be the latest version you can update to manually. You can acquire it here:

www.mydrive.ch
user: mygig@soxag
pass: gasolio

You'll need to navigate through a variety of folders to UCONNECT_8.4_UAQ_QR39.5_MY18. Download the zip file, then unzip the contents of the file onto a 8GB flash drive formatted for FAT32. Retain all the folder structures that are included in the ZIP, meaning the VP4R_Update folder will be at the root of the drive.

Plug the flash drive into your Jeep and fire it up in accessory mode. UConnect will scan the drive, find the update, and apply it. Leave the Jeep in accessory mode the entire time. It won't shut off and usually the update (which normally claims to take 30 minutes) takes about 20 minutes to complete.

There are absolutely no guarantees this won't break anything, but I do believe they've improved the update process quite a bit from older versions that were bricking units when they crashed. Likewise, your UConnect radio will not immediately detect installed features in your Wrangler right off the bat, so many options will be missing. Eventually these will reappear, but it could take up to an entire day.

I also have an Infotainment unit that was running 28.3 and the update process was nice and smooth.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
39.5 is going to be the latest version you can update to manually. You can acquire it here:

www.mydrive.ch
user: mygig@soxag
pass: gasolio

You'll need to navigate through a variety of folders to UCONNECT_8.4_UAQ_QR39.5_MY18. Download the zip file, then unzip the contents of the file onto a 8GB flash drive formatted for FAT32. Retain all the folder structures that are included in the ZIP, meaning the VP4R_Update folder will be at the root of the drive.

Plug the flash drive into your Jeep and fire it up in accessory mode. UConnect will scan the drive, find the update, and apply it. Leave the Jeep in accessory mode the entire time. It won't shut off and usually the update (which normally claims to take 30 minutes) takes about 20 minutes to complete.

There are absolutely no guarantees this won't break anything, but I do believe they've improved the update process quite a bit from older versions that were bricking units when they crashed. Likewise, your UConnect radio will not immediately detect installed features in your Wrangler right off the bat, so many options will be missing. Eventually these will reappear, but it could take up to an entire day.

I also have an Infotainment unit that was running 28.3 and the update process was nice and smooth.

v39.6 is actually the latest version, per the link to my post above. ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v39.6 is actually the latest version, per the link to my post above. ;)
Yes, but it's not available for public download from a third party, so 39.5 is the best the rest of us can do.

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but it's not available for public download from a third party, so 39.5 is the best the rest of us can do.
I might be able to hook someone up if they DM me. ;)

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might be able to hook someone up if they DM me. ;)
I doubt there's a major difference between 39.5 and 39.6, but if you're willing to offer it, I'd reach out to whoever owns that cloud account and get it uploaded there. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue who it is. The interest in these downloads came from a RAM forum, I believe.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt there's a major difference between 39.5 and 39.6, but if you're willing to offer it, I'd reach out to whoever owns that cloud account and get it uploaded there. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue who it is. The interest in these downloads came from a RAM forum, I believe.
I promised the UConnect tech that I wouldn't share the file wantonly online with the whole world. Let's face it, if the file was available to the general public, inevitably, some people will try to install it without reading the proper instructions I posted on this forum. This will brick radios and be a major pain in the ass for both Jeep and UConnect. So, anyone that wants it, send me a DM.

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I promised the UConnect tech that I wouldn't share the file wantonly online with the whole world. Let's face it, if the file was available to the general public, inevitably, some people will try to install it without reading the proper instructions I posted on this forum. This will brick radios and be a major pain in the ass for both Jeep and UConnect. So, anyone that wants it, send me a DM.
Do you happen to have the release notes for 39.6? How did you connect Uconnect to request for this file for update? Thanks!