Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I pulled into work today, my 8.4 radio said it wanted to install an update. I guess we'll see what happens later on today when I go home.
Has anyone else gotten an update recently?
I figured they were done with Uconnect4 units and moved on with Uconnect5.. I didn't expect any more updates.
Sponsored

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Rubicon4xe, ‘21 GrCherokee,’16 RAMLaramie
I just got the same message and am applying it now. Fingers crossed it doesn’t hose it!

FireAnt21

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited North Edition
Occupation
Lineman
Vehicle Showcase
Can you give a version number when it’s done

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I upgraded mine to 8.4 so can't get OTA updates. I did find the last update for USB install and put that on. I am not having any issues with mine so not sure I will even bother trying to track this one down unless there's some amazing new feature or fix that I don't know I need yet :)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
9:34 am EST. My 8.4 , right now has over the air software update in progress.

Sponsored

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
oh boy. Talk about a "Roll of the Dice". I am getting out of my office right now and trying to figure out how to disable OTA updates.

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
@Rhinebeck01 you seem to know a LOT about Jeep tech. Is there a way to disable OTA updates?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9:34 am EST. My 8.4 , right now has over the air software update in progress.
Well, the software update completed while I was driving. Took just about 40 min. to download and install.

FORTUNATELY, everything after the software update is working aok. ORP, everything is working as it did before this update.

Note: I do have SGW cables disconnected and a dedicated Security Gateway Bypass in place.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 you seem to know a LOT about Jeep tech. Is there a way to disable OTA updates?
To the best of my knowledge, if you do not accept / allow the update, it will nag screen you each and every time you start the vehicle up.

Sponsored

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
You can check if there's an update for your jeep by looking up your VIN: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

I do wish in the near future there's an update to bring the Selectable Tire Fill Alert (STFA) feature (I've seen some JT has this) to JL so we can set the threshold of the alert. The other day the low pressure warning came on when it was very cold here in PA and my tire pressure was at 30 PSI. I had to inflate all the way up to 37 to reset. Then deflate all to 33 (my preferred daily driving pressure) again. Don't want/need a Tazer.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
You can check if there's an update for your jeep by looking up your VIN: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

I do wish in the near future there's an update to bring the Selectable Tire Fill Alert (STFA) feature to JL so we can set the threshold of the alert. The other day the low pressure warning came on when it was very cold here in PA and my tire pressure was at 30 PSI. I had to inflate all the way up to 37 to reset. Then deflate all to 33 (my preferred daily driving pressure) again. Don't want/need a Tazer.
Tazer isn't necessary at all, AlfaOBD does it easily. Dealer can not detect you flipped a BCM setting.

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
mine completed. Where do you find the version number?
I thought it was Settings > System Info, but I only get licensing info and no version number.
Sponsored