Sponsored

4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL)

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
I wanted to add my JLUR with 700 miles to the list. Drove to get a MRI done got the service hybrid system error and it won't start...waiting to get it towed to the dealership.

Note not my first problem...roof rails had to be replaced with a crack and leak. Side alert indicators werent working as well....and yes all fuses have been checked.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 20210912_094857

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 20210912_094900
Sponsored

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Update -
After an overnight charge, no MIL this morning. Took it to the dealer to take a look at the stored codes:
Circuit short to battery
Lost comms w/TCM
Lost comms w/HVAC Control Module
Lost Comms with Body Control Module
Lost Comms with ECM/PCM
Brake System Hydraulic Leak

Jeep drives fine, no apparent issues.
Dealer advised to continue driving as normal, if it happens again bring it back and they'll rescan. Currently thinking it was a fluke.
Took a roadtrip this weekend. Jeep was flawless over 255 miles round trip.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Second CEL for me with just about 2000 miles. First one was evap (gas cap issue). Took to dealer and they reset it and ran tests with no issue found. Now CEL on again a few weeks later @JeepCares . Going back to the dealer is really inconvenient. Is there any way to clear the CEL myself? Also autozones tool doesnā€™t work for 2021ā€™s.
I wanted to add my JLUR with 700 miles to the list. Drove to get a MRI done got the service hybrid system error and it won't start...waiting to get it towed to the dealership.

Note not my first problem...roof rails had to be replaced with a crack and leak. Side alert indicators werent working as well....and yes all fuses have been checked.

Hello, Zombienation and WrekEE. Please feel free to privately message our team separately if you'd like to discuss your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, Zombienation and WrekEE. Please feel free to privately message our team separately if you'd like to discuss your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Message sent this AM. And my dealership has no loaner program.

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Chiming in here to add another 4xe to the list. Ours had fewer than 500 miles on it. Dealership took it in on Thursday and on Saturday stated that they needed a Jeep engineer to come in to look at it.
We had another CEL this weekend. It went away the next day, but we'll be back at the dealership again this coming Saturday for the 3rd time (first for a missing wheel well cover from delivery, second for CEL and SOT leak).

We picked up this Jeep August 4th, so we've been at the dealership about once every other week to this point, not including picking it back up and plates.

Sponsored

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
Second CEL for me with just about 2000 miles. First one was evap (gas cap issue). Took to dealer and they reset it and ran tests with no issue found. Now CEL on again a few weeks later @JeepCares . Going back to the dealer is really inconvenient. Is there any way to clear the CEL myself? Also autozones tool doesnā€™t work for 2021ā€™s.
Update from yesterdayā€™s trip to the dealer: same evap leak code as before but they couldn't find any leak. A PCM module software update was identified and turned out to be the resolution. Multiple RRTs (5) were also addressed . All good now and it should be the end of my CEL issues.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from yesterdayā€™s trip to the dealer: same evap leak code as before but they couldn't find any leak. A PCM module software update was identified and turned out to be the resolution. Multiple RRTs (5) were also addressed . All good now and it should be the end of my CEL issues.
Your javing better luck then me...my service advisor is saying I must have left the lights on and asking me if I left my phone charging.

Jeep4xeeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121Jeep Sahara 4xe
Add me to the list. Our check engine light came on within the first 300 miles. We took it to the dealer and they thought it was the gas cap not sealing properly. They reset it and it came on a few days later. I took it back and they had it all day. No loaner. No answer. The service advisor told me they didnā€™t know what was wrong. Same code as before. They reset the code and told me if it comes on again, bring it back and they would start swapping out parts with the fuel system to try and find the problem. It came on 2 days later. I havenā€™t taken it back in yet. That seems like a kind of hinkey way to deal with a repair. We paid cash for this thing brand new. It feels like being punched in the gut. We are in to this thing $71,000 after taxes and purchase of extended warranty. We are about ready to take the hit and get rid of it. Crazy thing is, before the light came on, we considered buying 2 of them! This is the 4th Jeep Iā€™ve owned. This is not the Jeep brand of the past.

Jeep4xeeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121Jeep Sahara 4xe
Your javing better luck then me...my service advisor is saying I must have left the lights on and asking me if I left my phone charging.
Super frustrating being treated like you are a dummy. They have no idea what the problem is.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Well. Mine came on at 891 miles, and Iā€™m out on an isolated island with no real access to anything.

I suspect it happened because I plugged in last night outside in the rain and maybe a little water got into the charge port. Or there was a brownout, which happens all the time out here. Anyway, when I unplugged the light in the charge port was red (though it was charging fine when I left it).

ETA Iā€™ve had mine for 15 days at this point and all the RRTs were applied before I picked it up, so thatā€™s not the fix. And yes Iā€™ve checked the fuses. And the gas cap (even though it has been a week since I got fuel).

Last edited:

Sponsored

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
The delivery of my replacement battery coolant pump got delayed from this week to Oct. 13 so I am driving a loaner for another 3 weeks which will bring my time not driving my Jeep to something like 50 days assuming no further delays. Missing September and early October open top weather is a bummer. Anyone had luck trying to get some sort of compensation from FCA for this type of thing? Can I try to get them to give me an extended warranty or something like that? (Dealer said they'll sometimes make a car payment but I paid cash). I probably qualify for lemon law at this point but not ready to go down that path.

Midding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2016 Sahara Unlimited
Mile 592 for me. CEL, evap leak, dealership appt tomorrow 9:30 sharp. Fingers crossed itā€™s not a big deal but the title will be in my pocket just in case.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Little by little, Jeep is getting to solutions. After a long investigation, this harness:

was identified as the problem for a 4xe owner who's on the "Jeep 4xe Fans" facebook group. This is a lug where the wiring harness bolts to ground under the drivers' seat. According to the author:

"The factory crimping of a ground wire harness cut one wire preventing it from grounding causing the 4WD SERV light never to turn off. Since this part is made by a machine, Chrysler stated this will affect at least 1,100 recalls"

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 4xe grounding lu

(reposted with permission)

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
Little by little, Jeep is getting to solutions. After a long investigation, this harness:

was identified as the problem for a 4xe owner who's on the "Jeep 4xe Fans" facebook group. This is a lug where the wiring harness bolts to ground under the drivers' seat. According to the author:

"The factory crimping of a ground wire harness cut one wire preventing it from grounding causing the 4WD SERV light never to turn off. Since this part is made by a machine, Chrysler stated this will affect at least 1,100 recalls"

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 4xe grounding lu

(reposted with permission)
Ours is part of the "high voltage cable" recall but have not had any issues yet fingers crossed.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Greetings, @Jeep4xeeek , @OINC , @bondijoe , and @Midding ,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situations. If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer to complete this Customer Satisfaction Notification (CSN), feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored