4xe Lift Kit?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Did you measure to the lowest point of the black plastic just inside of the fender (the part that is slightly inside because it slopes up before it hits the outside of the fender)?
Best place to measure a lift is at the pinch mold closest to each wheel.
Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Did you measure to the lowest point of the black plastic just inside of the fender (the part that is slightly inside because it slopes up before it hits the outside of the fender)?
No, all measurements were taken to the center of the exterior edge of the fender...as best I could with a tape measure acting as a plumb bob.

I was surprised to see the right to left difference on the front tires. That's why I turned the Jeep around & measured again. The entire parking lot at my work is sloped; good for drainage, but not for taking measurements.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I have the Tera 2.5 put on Tuesday this week with 37's. I got the adjustable track but I'm waiting to see how the alignment works out before getting LCA's. I have a hard top and steel bumpers with no winch yet. I'll also have steal step, not very wide, rock sliders. I'll let everyone know how the caster works out. I'm guessing I'll need to order and have LCA's installed (they have been in stock) but I'm crossing my fingers. It is a Rubicon.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
No, all measurements were taken to the center of the exterior edge of the fender...as best I could with a tape measure acting as a plumb bob.

I was surprised to see the right to left difference on the front tires. That's why I turned the Jeep around & measured again. The entire parking lot at my work is sloped; good for drainage, but not for taking measurements.
Okay, I might not have explained that well - here's a pic my sales guy sent me of where he measured - I guess it's not really inside the fender, it's just the black extension part, I couldn't picture it.

I ask because my sales guy measured three regular JLURs on his lot to that point above and said they all were around 23" to that spot (plus or minus depending on how they were sitting on the lot)

He also measured the Saharas at about 22".

measure.png

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Okay, I might not have explained that well - here's a pic my sales guy sent me of where he measured - I guess it's not really inside the fender, it's just the black extension part, I couldn't picture it.

I ask because my sales guy measured three regular JLURs on his lot to that point above and said they all were around 23" to that spot (plus or minus depending on how they were sitting on the lot)

He also measured the Saharas at about 22".

measure.png
Thanks for the image. I measured to the lower edge which is about 1/2" below your dealer's measurement point.

20210516_181228.jpg

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Thanks for the image. I measured to the lower edge which is about 1/2" below your dealer's measurement point.
I confirmed today that the 4xe (confirmed at least for Rubicon) does indeed sit approx 1" higher from the factory. I went to my local dealer (not where I got my 4xe from) who has numerous (and most of them green, lol) JLURs on their lot. They all measure ~23" at the lower part, and ~23.5" at the arrow in my previous pic. There were two 4xe Rubicons on their lot both customer orders, and one was in the service bay getting prep'd for delivery. They measured ~24" / ~24.5" respectively at those two points above, just like yours above. The wandering salesman who was interested in why I had a tape measure in my hand said that they had already determined that the 4xe sits higher the first time they parked a customer's 4xe delivery next to another customer's regular JLUR delivery, and since that it's become "common knowledge".

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope mine fits in the garage tomorrow lol.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should I worry about the, I believe caster, being .5 off spec? Just FYI that is what it is with Teraflex 2.5 lift on Rubicon.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As stated prior, the Teraflex 2.5 is too tall for 35's imo on the 4Xe Rubicon.

20210518_172456.jpg

20210518_172448.jpg

20210518_183506.jpg

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Seems since the 4xe is lifted about 1" higher than non 4xe (at least the Rubicon) even a small 1.5" spacer lift requires longer Swaybar links. Here is the back story. I installed the Teraflex ST1 1.5" lift (2" front and 1.5" rear) then ordered the Fox 2.0 shocks for 2" lift extended shocks (as recommended by Northridge). When installing the rear shocks I discovered that when I jacked up the rear to align and get the shock in the lower sleeve I noticed the Swaybar preventing the shock from swinging into the sleeve. So I had to lower the Wrangler down and then muscle the shock in. However if say I need to change the tire or even likely go to full articulation the sway bar will rest on the shock body well before the tire leaves the ground. This is a major problem as the weight on the sway bar could dent the shock body in extreme conditions or even changing a rear tire. Clearly with the added 1" stock lift addition on the 4XE makes that 1.5" lift a 2.5: lift which does require longer sway bar links on a non 4xe. Here is how I found this out and is easy not to see.
This could easily be over looked as Shocks come compressed with a strap around them you want to try and install the shocks with that strap in place otherwise the shock will extend and it is a bitch to get it compressed enough to fit. So I had one shock where the strap came off prior to installation so I jacked the Wrangler up extra high to extend the distance to help get that shock in the sleeve. but it would not fit because the sway bar was resting against holding the shock about 2" from the sleeve. Bottom line order (2-2,5" longer) new swaybar links for any lift 1" or more on the 4xe.

Note:
The Sway bar should only be at a 10-15 degree angle mine is about 27 degrees in this picture this is with full weight on it

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? rear shock

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe

Yeah, the teraflex 2.5 kit is actually a 3" front spacer, and on the 4xe that ends up being a 4" lift. It's really a key to know that the 4xe is sitting higher from the factory.

I don't think it looks bad, though. That's my opinion.

I'm wondering what the caster and other angles are at under there though consider how high that kit takes a 4xe.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
When I did my 1.5" ST1 it was borderline too high. That extra factory inch is a game changer. What is interesting it looks like the Mopar 2" is not getting the 3" it does non non 4xe (only going on visual comps)

Here is tire to flair Teraflex 1.5 Front and keep in mind I am .75" lower due to bumper and winch

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? tire lift front

Rear

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? Tire lift 2

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? Before after lift 1

Last edited:

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

20210518_172456.jpg

20210518_172448.jpg

20210518_183506.jpg
I dunno man I kinda like it. The thing I've seen on 37s with 3" lift is while the top of the tire to fender space looks good, the space from the side of the tire to end of fender (and side of tire to bumper) looks too tight.

I'm getting the Mopar 2" with 35s and have no problem if mines looks like yours.

It has that look of clearly a lifted Jeep, rather than the the look of a Jeep with big Tires, if you understand what I'm saying

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I dunno man I kinda like it. The thing I've seen on 37s with 3" lift is while the top of the tire to fender space looks good, the space from the side of the tire to end of fender (and side of tire to bumper) looks too tight.

I'm getting the Mopar 2" with 35s and have no problem if mines looks like yours.

It has that look of clearly a lifted Jeep, rather than the the look of a Jeep with big Tires, if you understand what I'm saying

I have always done Spring and shock lifts on previous Wranglers, My JL Sahara i did a Rancho 3.5. This time around I really contemplated the Mopar lift and now after seeing what 1.5" provides and what I have seen of the Mopar Lift on the 4xe so far, I am glad I did not go that route, I am not seeing any additional height over the 1.5 Teraflex 1.5" . And frankly I am in the Teraflex with the Fox shocks $700 All I need to do to make mine the same as Mopar is buy the springs and replace the spacer, which at this point I will not be doing. Just though I would put that out into the ethos.

If I was do over again with 35's I would do 1.5" front and .75" rear
Sponsored