Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I have been told I'm OCD.

I'm not sure about that, but THIS is a freaking disaster...
BmKr1udIUAA-q9l.jpg

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Dont know how I let this slide but a couple days ago I noticed that the nuts on the back side of my license plate did not match.

I had lock nuts and acorns.

So off to the hardware store I went and got all matching acorns. Had to cut a few bolts but got it all mounted up with blue locktite.

Then I noticed my plate was off center by 1/8th”. So loosened it all up, centered it and retightened.

I think I am still off by 1/64th but Im just going to leave it.

Hopefully no one will notice.
I feel seen.

Sponsored

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Every time I catch myself being OCD (or just anal retentive) I repeat the mantra.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My entire life Rich. I cannot stand my vehicles to be dirty. There's 100's of dollars in clean-up supplies in my basement, and they all come out more frequently than they should. I need some serious therapy my friend. :)

The spare white tire letters on the back of my Jeep are a bit skewed to the left, and that shit is driving me nuts right now. I tell myself nobody else even notices stuff like that, then I think "but I do". It's gonna drive me to an early grave. :headbang:

Seriously I know it's not true OCD, and many suffer with some serious stuff. It's more of how I like things to be than it is the real thing.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Nope, I am not. So the Wife and I visit somebody else's home or Business. The first thing that I notice, is the pictures on the walls, are not straight, or crooked whichever. So sometime in the visit, I straighten them. My Wife asks me, WTH are you doing, dam this is embarrassing. Hmmm... I just hang my head down with no comment. Next I see a Wrangler going down the road in front of us. You guessed it, the right rear is setting lower than the Drivers side. So I am just shaking my head from side to side. My Wife asks me, what is wrong with your head. I tell her, just look at the lean on that Wrangler in front of us, and the Moron driving it doesn't understand that a spring spacer will fix it. I am not going to even repeat, my Wife's comment back to me was..:(

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My wife says that I sometimes think out my ass. Would that be the same thing? :giggle:
I think so, but I can't say with any certainty, since I am wrong at least half the time about anticipating what my wife is thinking. This morning, she came back from walking the dog and I was fixing a couple tacos from some leftover tri-tip. I offered her one and after taking it, she said: "are you feeling guilty for not walking the dog?". I replied: "yes", thinking I had the correct answer this time. ENNNNNT! Wrong answer. She said I was lying. I asked her why she asked me if she already knew the answer. She said she wanted to see if I'd lie to her. Then I told her I didn't feel guilty. Then she gave me a hard time and told me I should feel guilty. Anyone else have these kinds of conversations with their wives?

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The spare white tire letters on the back of my Jeep are a bit skewed to the left, and that shit is driving me nuts right now. I tell myself nobody else even notices stuff like that, then I think "but I do".
We owned a first generation CR-V, which were equipped with external spare tires w/soft or hard covers with the word "Honda" printed thereon. When driving together, my wife and I would make a game of observing how many owners of the same vehicle had installed their covers so poorly that the "Honda" was off kilter. As the years went by and fewer of that generation vehicle were seen on the roads, the frequency of tatty, misaligned tire covers seemed to increase. We still chuckle about it.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Me too. I like to tell everyone that I’m OCO: Obsessive Compulsive Order.
Cheers/B

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I think so, but I can't say with any certainty, since I am wrong at least half the time about anticipating what my wife is thinking. This morning, she came back from walking the dog and I was fixing a couple tacos from some leftover tri-tip. I offered her one and after taking it, she said: "are you feeling guilty for not walking the dog?". I replied: "yes", thinking I had the correct answer this time. ENNNNNT! Wrong answer. She said I was lying. I asked her why she asked me if she already knew the answer. She said she wanted to see if I'd lie to her. Then I told her I didn't feel guilty. Then she gave me a hard time and told me I should feel guilty. Anyone else have these kinds of conversations with their wives?
Those conversations inevitible my friend. :)

I love my wife harder than a gost can butt a stump. And even after 44 years those converstions still make me laugh. But, not where she can hear me. lol

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I’ll just say I’m in the same club. I just prefer to say I’m neat and organized. My personal pet OCD is folks with a baggy Jeep logo tire cover on their too small spare AND it’s not on straight either. Yeah. Uh huh. You’re cringing right now. Even better. You’re stuck behind them for miles. Flapping away with Jeep at an angle…or worse ….it’s the smiley face one 🙂

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase