First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one that this bugs...

There are 9 dash menus in the center dash, each is numbered. When you use the steering wheel "UP" arrow, the menus cycle downward, 9.8.7.6..., and vice versa when you press the down on the steering controls. :)

I know where the menu option is that I want, but I still go the wrong direction. :)
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I think you might be in the minority on this one. Pretty sure most manufacturers screens are the same way. I think of it as a list with 1 at the top and 9 at the bottom, not so much by page number. Down gets you to the bottom of the list and up moves you towards the top.

OP
OP
TimmH

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
......I think of it as a list with 1 at the top and 9 at the bottom, not so much by page number. Down gets you to the bottom of the list and up moves you towards the top.
That actually makes some sense, and gives a different perspective I hadn't thought of.

TekSupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I'm glad I searched before posting the same question. This drive me batty on the road. Wish it was an option to change. Since I'm reviving an old topic, has anyone opened the wheel up, maybe wiring can be switched?

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm glad I searched before posting the same question. This drive me batty on the road. Wish it was an option to change. Since I'm reviving an old topic, has anyone opened the wheel up, maybe wiring can be switched?
It bugs the heck out of me too! :LOL:

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There’s a menu option to turn some of the views off.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I don't care about that but I do care about the three customizable top menus (like MPG, TIME, etc). They're different sizes depending on what you select. Bugs the hell out of me.

Reactions: GtX

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
There’s a menu option to turn some of the views off.
Where? I've RTFM and didn't see this. Would love to get rid of "Start/Stop Not Ready," for instance.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Am I the only one that this bugs...

There are 9 dash menus in the center dash, each is numbered. When you use the steering wheel "UP" arrow, the menus cycle downward, 9.8.7.6..., and vice versa when you press the down on the steering controls. :)

I know where the menu option is that I want, but I still go the wrong direction. :)
It's drove me crazy since day one !! My wife's Cherokee is the same way.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
What is wrong with you people?!? Things are not numbered from the bottom to the top! When you push the down button, it goes to the next menu down, not the next numerically lower menu....
Funny stuff. Just goes to show how different minds perceive things differently. It makes perfect sense to me, but don't get me started on manual shift mode and what should be upshift/downshift....

OP
OP
TimmH

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What is wrong with you people?!? Things are not numbered from the bottom to the top! When you push the down button, it goes to the next menu down, not the next numerically lower menu....
Funny stuff. Just goes to show how different minds perceive things differently. It makes perfect sense to me, but don't get me started on manual shift mode and what should be upshift/downshift....
Agree with it being perception. I typically know the number of the menu option I want, so I look at the number and I want to go to 2 which is higher than 1, so I instinctively push the up arrow. :)
It has been awhile since I originally posted that, and I am getting better at going in the right direction, but still occasionally start off wrong. :)

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Agree with it being perception. I typically know the number of the menu option I want, so I look at the number and I want to go to 2 which is higher than 1, so I instinctively push the up arrow. :)
It has been awhile since I originally posted that, and I am getting better at going in the right direction, but still occasionally start off wrong. :)
I just keep pushing until I see what I want.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I wish you could cycle through the menu options a bit faster. On the JL, at least mine, there's a bit of a delay when you hit the button the wheel and when the screen actually changes to the next screen on the display. Had a Chrysler 300 rental a few weeks ago, with basically same dash display/menu setup. When hitting the up/down arrows on its wheel, the display changed nearly instantaneously. First world problem for sure, though. :blush:

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yeah, that irritates me, too. I also don't understand the thinking behind the EVIC having two display options for the fuel economy: one that includes your current MPG and one that doesn't.
Sponsored