Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
You're not alone. I wouldn't say that I "suffer" from it. But rather it's made me who I am. A friend of mine who also has it joined an online support group. He had to leave it after a day because all the other OCD's would send thousands of messages a day.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Dont know how I let this slide but a couple days ago I noticed that the nuts on the back side of my license plate did not match.

I had lock nuts and acorns.

So off to the hardware store I went and got all matching acorns. Had to cut a few bolts but got it all mounted up with blue locktite.

Then I noticed my plate was off center by 1/8th”. So loosened it all up, centered it and retightened.

I think I am still off by 1/64th but Im just going to leave it.

Hopefully no one will notice.
Here is one, to think about:
Measure the height of the fenders, left side vs right side. :bandit:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Being anal retentive doesn't mean Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Unfortunately it's a real medical condition that causes a lot of harm to both the sufferer and their families/friends.
Truth. People throw the word around like it's nothing when they're not even close.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have not technically been diagnosed with any disorder but I sincerely believe I suffer from something, I always click the lock button on my FOB 3x, I always lower my garage door and then look at it several times to ensure it’s down when leaving and lots of times I circle back to make sure, all slots on the screws on every outlet and switch in my house all face up, I over research everything, I drive the same route going to common places even if a faster route is an option …

All the above and more drive the Mrs crazy at times but it’s just how I’m wired

Sponsored

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Here is one, to think about:
Measure the height of the fenders, left side vs right side. :bandit:

Already have snd already added spacers to level
I have not technically been diagnosed with any disorder but I sincerely believe I suffer from something, I always click the lock button on my FOB 3x, I always lower my garage door and then look at it several times to ensure it’s down when leaving and lots of times I circle back to make sure, all slots on the screws on every outlet and switch in my house all face up, I over research everything, I drive the same route going to common places even if a faster route is an option …

All the above and more drive the Mrs crazy at times but it’s just how I’m wired
My man!!!!!

Yes. Same.

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
Be careful “measuring” both sides… once you do, you will discover that the infamous “JK lean” exists on the JL as well… then the OCD monster will eat at you.
My previous 2021 392 remained “stock” so the “lean” was not noticeable to most… but it was literally about an 1/8” lean to the right, and with a full tank of fuel it was 1/4”.
The higher you go with lift, the more pronounced the “Lean”.
It can be remedied, but in your mind… it’s still there.
Just my unsolicited $.02✌🏼

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
In college, I shared a house, with several guys. One of them was OCD, but never diagnosed. His OCD had him organize his spare change, books, keys, on his dresser. He was also compulsive about wrinkles on his bed.
Sometimes, just to screw with him, I would move one stack of pennies, dimes, etc. over, a mm. Or, misaligned his books, by a mm.
He would come home, and start rearranging everything, with a ruler, for 5+ minutes.
If he pissed one of us off, all you had to do was touch the bedspread, and put a dimple in it, while he was away. He would come home and start ranting about people screwing with his stuff. He would then remake the entire bed.
When in college, being bored, drinking, and having a bunch of guys living in a house, causes you to be creative when screwing with friends.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
In college, I shared a house, with several guys. One of them was OCD, but never diagnosed. His OCD had him organize his spare change, books, keys, on his dresser. He was also compulsive about wrinkles on his bed.
Sometimes, just to screw with him, I would move one stack of pennies, dimes, etc. over, a mm. Or, misaligned his books, by a mm.
He would come home, and start rearranging everything, with a ruler, for 5+ minutes.
If he pissed one of us off, all you had to do was touch the bedspread, and put a dimple in it, while he was away. He would come home and start ranting about people screwing with his stuff. He would then remake the entire bed.
When in college, being bored, drinking, and having a bunch of guys living in a house, causes you to be creative when screwing with friends.
OMG this reminded me. My wife moved my coffee creamer in the refrigerator the other day. I went to grab it and it was not where I keep it.

I did not say a word but internally I flipped out. Had an internal panic attack for a minute. Calmed myself and found the creamer.

Later, I shared with her. She knows me well, laughed, explained why she moved the creamer and promised not to do it again.

A place for everything and everything in it’s place.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Who suffers from OCD?

Is that anything like IBS?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score