2019 jlur

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
I don't get the OP's point. It's like saying, "Why go with DDs? More than a handful is a waste!"

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Maybe it's their mobile site, but I can't even find a spec on there? Of course 8.0" is the xr wheel width in non-beadlock configuration anyway, so that still proves my point.
Click on each tire, then scroll to the bottom and click "show more details". Yes, they could have made it easier.

My point is: the manufacturer is the only authoritative source.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Nobody said it? Raised speed limiter. 110mph instead of 97.

yes I do wish I had that extra 13 mph to overtake the Prius in front of me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I don't get the OP's point. It's like saying, "Why go with DDs? More than a handful is a waste!"
My point is the valuable upgrades of the XR package are for non 392 models. But I understand that if you are spending $80k what is another $4k. And with that model(392)most are just checking every box when they order. But I wondered if anyone thought it was a little bit of a ripoff since the high dollar upgrades that that package is adding for the same price to a non-392ā€¦. You already paid for, Hd axles etc. higher quality suspensionā€¦. But I get that most people donā€™t care.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
My point is the valuable upgrades of the XR package are for non 392 models. But I understand that if you are spending $80k what is another $4k. And with that model(392)most are just checking every box when they order. But I wondered if anyone thought it was a little bit of a ripoff since the high dollar upgrades that that package is adding for the same price to a non-392ā€¦. You already paid for, Hd axles etc. higher quality suspensionā€¦. But I get that most people donā€™t care.
You can't do gears and 35's for under $4k even if those were the only difference.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Of course youā€™re entitled to your opinion but why dog anyone for what they spend their money on? I for one canā€™t wait for my 392XR to be delivered. Is it a toy? Sure. Is it frivolous? Probably. Iā€™m not buying it to ā€œmake me feel betterā€ though. Iā€™m buying it because Iā€™m pushing 50, I work my ass off and I think itā€™ll be cool.

Agree with everything except the part about "making you feel better". I darn sure "feel better" when I drive mine. :like: :like: :like:

Sam

OP
OP
stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
You can't do gears and 35's for under $4k even if those were the only difference.
I Live in an area that everything is 2x the cost as most and I did 35s for $750ā€¦. gears are less than 2k, but for 35s I want 3.73s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
The jeep comes with tiresā€¦. I think that people forget that maybeā€¦
Yes the Jeep does come with tires, but where is the tire option from Jeep ? 5 x 35"s for $750
Are you referring to selling your stock tires and adding the $750 to get 35`s?

OP
OP
stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Yes the Jeep does come with tires, but where is the tire option from Jeep ? 5 x 35"s for $750
Are you referring to selling your stock tires and adding the $750 to get 35`s?
Yes, selling take offs, the upgrade is about $500-750, conservatively.

OP
OP
stumblinhorse

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
BTW. Selling takeoff parts is like a rite of passage for when a Jeep buyer becomes a Jeep ownerā€¦ :like:

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Thatā€™s weird, because using your own logic, why did you buy that nice JL in your profile pic when there are much older, far less expensive Jeeps that can do the same thing? Oh no, looks like you ā€œwasted your moneyā€. šŸ˜²

The next question is WHY? Why did you waste your money buying a nice, new, shiny white JL Wrangler instead of an old, rusty, beat up Jeep that is just as capable..

Was it maybe, ā€œStatusā€?

And as others have mentioned, Iā€™ve never understood why people like yourself feel the need to make disparaging comments about what other people buy with their own money.

I guess it just ā€œmakes you feel betterā€ huh? šŸ™„

Funny how that works.

-Rob
Seems that my comment tickled many people in the wrong spot.

I simply commented to OP that XR package cannot be justified purely based on is it worth ofroad upgrade for the price. Just like you cannot justify buying V8 Wrangler or anything more then just a base Wrangler purely based on ofroad capabilities. You would just buy base model and mod it to have more ofroad capable vehicle.

As to who buys top options and what they do with them -it just facts.

People on this forum are the minority.
Sponsored