Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
My auxiliary battery has failed twice, once at about 16 months then again about 5 months later. Both time leaving me needing a tow. Wasn’t going to wait until it failed again and installed the Genesis dual battery system.
Sponsored

OceanBlueDolphins

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
My brand new 2019 sport left me stranded within 2 weeks of owning it with a dead battery. Warranty replaced both batteries and haven’t had an issue since

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Were you able to get it to start with a jumper or powerpack or did it have to be towed?
Wasn't going to chance it. She hopped in another car and went to work. I threw my noco 3500 smart charger on it and let it sit for a day, the charger couldn't do anything at all. Called Mopar RSA and had them come get it.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I’m curious about when you had to replace your original battery (if you have already). Did it fail prematurely? Have you replaced it preemptively before it began to fail? Tell me your battery story.
So far so good for both batteries. 2021 JLURD is 10 months old with 10,500 miles. I have the towing package with heavy duty charging system. My plan is to replace both batteries when either battery fails.

For the auxiliary battery I will go with:
Replacement Aux. Battery DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, BCI Group Size 400, 200 CCA Part # AUX14-1

For the main battery, I will go with:
Replacement Main Battery
Northstar NSB-AGM48 BCI Group 48

Jeep Wrangler JL When did your battery die? Untitled-2

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
65k miles and my A.S.S. light has been on for a while so i converted... Genesis.. no more A.S.S. for me.....:CWL:

Sponsored

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
My battery was weak when I picked it up. The Autostart System wouldn’t work right because the auxiliary battery would never charge enough. If I left it on a maintainer for a week, things would work. If I forgot, my dash looked like a Christmas tree with everything randomly lighting. Took it in, the Service Dept blamed the main battery and got it back. It worked as intended for a few months and then it would randomly refuse to crank over. Totally sucks at a light and instead of hearing the engine crank and fire, you hear, “click” and that’s it. I bypassed the autostart junk and it has cranked and fired every time. I think the batteries that Mopar sources are what others would deem rejects.

It doesn’t matter what they’re in, the rarely last long. Props to you folks that have been trouble free. You’re the lucky few!

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
So far so good for both batteries. 2021 JLURD is 10 months old with 10,500 miles. I have the towing package with heavy duty charging system. My plan is to replace both batteries when either battery fails.

For the auxiliary battery I will go with:
Replacement Aux. Battery DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, BCI Group Size 400, 200 CCA Part # AUX14-1

For the main battery, I will go with:
Replacement Main Battery
Northstar NSB-AGM48 BCI Group 48

Jeep Wrangler JL When did your battery die? Untitled-2
You can use the northstar 94r 840 for a little extra power .

cwoll1321

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
3.6 ESS- 30 months and wouldn’t say going strong… ESS stopped a year ago and now I get a message that Auxiliary switches are inoperable until sufficient charge (something like that). My commute is only 6 miles so not long enough to really charge the batteries. Time for a road trip! I expect the battery(ies) to be dead soon.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You can use the northstar 94r 840 for a little extra power .
The northstar 94r 840 is 1.45" longer than the Northstar NSB-AGM48 BCI Group 48 battery. I have a diesel and the battery is located rearward relative to the gasoline engine battery location. Since you have a diesel, can you confirm if the 94r 840 will fit? Thanks.

pdale44

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
My wife or I drive the the JL almost everyday. Around the 2 year/ 50,000 mile mark we replaced ours. It would intermittently not start. Luckily only when we were home, except one time and I carry jumper cables in the rear storage bin. I isolated and tested both batteries and the aux battery seemed fine. The main battery would not take a charge. Replaced it with the platinum O’reily’s battery and been good so far the last three or so months. Will replace the aux battery soon I think, for peace of mind.

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
The northstar 94r 840 is 1.45" longer than the Northstar NSB-AGM48 BCI Group 48 battery. I have a diesel and the battery is located rearward relative to the gasoline engine battery location. Since you have a diesel, can you confirm if the 94r 840 will fit? Thanks.
My factory 2021 JLURD is 12.25 wide

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Jeep Wrangler JL When did your battery die? B9293447-B87F-434E-BECF-2193E2677C10
94r is definitely the same size as the factory JLURD

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
I’m curious about when you had to replace your original battery (if you have already). Did it fail prematurely? Have you replaced it preemptively before it began to fail? Tell me your battery story.
Had to replace the battery in my 2019 at the eight month marker, but I do live in AZ and the heat does a number on them here.

Pmccammon00

First Name
Philbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired, live 6 months in Scottsdale, 6 months in Steamboat Springs, Co and the remaining 6 months on the road with Rubi and BoreasXT trailer.
We have a 2020 eco diesel rubicon. Battery was deader than a door nail about 10 months after purchase. This happened the morning we were going to head out on a trip. To make matters worse , we had to have the jeep towed to the dealer from our garage because you couldn’t jump it. No warning at all. Dealer said they had to replaced both batteries. On a side note, I had recently noticed that the voltage readout dropped as low as 11.5 volts. We have been getting intermittent sensor check engine codes. Convinced the dealer to check the alternator and battery sensors to see if low voltage may cause temporary sensor errors. He is going to replace both the alternator and battery sensors to see if this fixes all these intermittent cel. Will follow up with results once the parts finally come in.
Sponsored