turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I'm probably going to regret this, but what's a Tazer (Mini)?
It's basically a little programmer that looks like an obd2 dongle. Used to change factory settings in the jeep like correcting speedo for bigger tires or editing out tire pressure warning errors.

It installs under the dash in a relatively annoying spot. According to all the threads here it either takes you 5 minutes or 5 weeks to install it.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I'm probably going to regret this, but what's a Tazer (Mini)?
This tazer mini has been the best thing I have done for my Jeep. Simply not having to push the start/stop button is worth the $$$.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Stupid question. So for those of us with a Sport that does not have ambient lighting, if we were to purchase some lights to install in the wheel wells, or whatever, is there a way to wire said lights up to this dial so that it actually does something?

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's, 2022 Silverado Trail Boss
Stupid question. So for those of us with a Sport that does not have ambient lighting, if we were to purchase some lights to install in the wheel wells, or whatever, is there a way to wire said lights up to this dial so that it actually does something?
I had hoped so but found no way to use the dial/dimmer short of removing the dash and adding wire to the dial. The footwell ambient light is the small LED next to the larger one that activates when the door is opened. I have a 2021 Willys. The wiring harness at the LEDs has three conductors (some forum members say they have four conductors). No change in voltage while moving dial whether headlights are on/off. Looks like the build includes the LED set as standard but either the wiring harness or the flash is different and makes the dial a no-go. Really the only dissatisfying part of the build (so far). ***RANT*** Oh and the lack of suspension spring descriptions for each part number. I'd really love to use stiffer springs for the occasional tow and would purchase new Mopar springs if ANYONE knew what the F*cK which part numbers go with build specifics.

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Can anyone tell me what the dial on the left is supposed to do because it doesn't seem to do anything😬

Screenshot_20211005-200250_Gallery.jpg
That sets the speed/force of the airbag. You want to dial that in correctly for you based on your height and weight, where you position the steering wheel, how fast you're going, and how much of a "punch" you want to take. In the event of a crash the airbag will deploy from the center of the steering wheel. If you have that dial set too hard it will whip you in the face pretty badly, you can find all kind of photos online of people with broken noses and black eyes from an airbag hitting them. But if you set it too soft you'll go through the airbag and bonk your head on the steering wheel or windshield.

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Heavy Equipment
Vehicle Showcase
The dial is Jeep’s equivalent to beer goggles.

If the chick is hot, crank it up so your friends can see you with a hotty.

If she looks like she’s been beaten with the ugly stick, has unshaved legs and more chins than a Chinese phonebook, turn the dial down to increase darkness and hope she bails before your buzz wears off…..

Deleted member 59498

No wonder my Jeep is so dark when I get in! I will ramp that thing up tomorrow.

Sponsored

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
On my 2019 Sport S, the left dial also controls the lights in the center console cup holders and side door latches.

However, I believe the light from the Milky Way on a dark clear evening has more lumens (lm) than the highest dial setting. Similarly, you can only see the difference of the intensity of this dial while in the dark.

Jaye
I totally agree. I could never tell what the left dial did in my Sport because the lighting was so dim. With my Rubicon, the lighting was better and I could see it work. Not sure why this type of thing should be different between models but it is. All of the other interior lights in the Sport were of less quality than the Rubicon.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
So do I get this right, on my Sport it does absolutely nothing? I literally sat in my Jeep for 15-20 minutes in the dark figuring what the heck this thing does. It is like that light switch that you have no idea where it goes to.

For us old people, it reminds me of Married With Children when Al Bundy was trying to figure out where this mystery light switch went in his house.

Deleted member 59498

So do I get this right, on my Sport it does absolutely nothing? I literally sat in my Jeep for 15-20 minutes in the dark figuring what the heck this thing does. It is like that light switch that you have no idea where it goes to.

For us old people, it reminds me of Married With Children when Al Bundy was trying to figure out where this mystery light switch went in his house.
Haha I tried it this morning while it was still dark. I could barely see the light in the foot well can see pedals a bit. Seemed like a lot of of work on jeeps part for a little light down there where I never look.
Sponsored