Sponsored

The Dial On The Left Does What Exactly?

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
Yes, I RTFM and did a search here. No dice. I understand the dial on the right. It dims my instrument panel and turns on my dome lights. I've played with the one on the left, daytime and nighttime, lights on and off, and just don't see any result from dialing it up or down. So, what is it? Thanks in advance.

ntR3m9ul.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
MojoHanky

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ambient lighting, namely foot well and cup holder brightness.
Thanks for quick response. Damn, that sounds fancy!

Does my poverty model even have that? I don't want isht like that on a Jeep.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Thanks for quick response. Damn, that sounds fancy!

Does my poverty model even have that? I don't want isht like that on a Jeep.
I don't think Sport models have those lights. You'd notice if you did, you can see your feet at night for whatever reason you'd need to :facepalm:.

OP
OP
MojoHanky

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it got darker and I went back outside and played with the left switch again. It does dim my door handle lights, ever so slightly. It does nothing to my cupholder lights or footwell lights. The footwell lights in the Poverty Edition™ turn off when the door is closed and the mystery dial does not resuscitate them. Close the door and them bad boys are done.

So that's pretty neat FCA. You gave me a whole switch to dim my door handle lights about 2.5 lux. I think the 'A' in FCA stands for "awesome". Great job, boys. You're doing a heckuva job.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
So it got darker and I went back outside and played with the left switch again. It does dim my door handle lights, ever so slightly. It does nothing to my cupholder lights or footwell lights. The footwell lights in the Poverty Edition™ turn off when the door is closed and the mystery dial does not resuscitate them. Close the door and them bad boys are done.

So that's pretty neat FCA. You gave me a whole switch to dim my door handle lights about 2.5 lux. I think the 'A' in FCA stands for "awesome". Great job, boys. You're doing a heckuva job.
I’ve got lights in my cup holders, 2019 2Dr Sport. Water bottles look cool at night.
So they gave you the same lights and the same dimmer switch, but disabled the dimmer switch? :swear:

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Same here. '18 Sport. Left roller dims the door lock lights - barely at that. No effect on the cupholder lights. Yup, another Jeep quirk.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Can we get a moderator to make this a sticky? It gets asked on a regular basis. There've been threads on this going for 12 months. Thanks.

To the OP...you have to look very carefully in the dark to see the door handle lighting dim with that dial.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Why do you think the rest of us paid $10,000 more for our models? We have to get something for our money. If you want all the whistles and bells the cost of entry is $10,000.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
That little dial does nothing, in mine.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes, I RTFM and did a search here. No dice. I understand the dial on the right. It dims my instrument panel and turns on my dome lights. I've played with the one on the left, daytime and nighttime, lights on and off, and just don't see any result from dialing it up or down. So, what is it? Thanks in advance.

ntR3m9ul.jpg
The graphic next to the dial clearly shows it controls raising and lowering half the sun. If you had paid another $10k for the Melania Trump edition, you'd see the graphic indicates it controls the whole sun.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
This gets asked 4 times a week use google