Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of selling my current ride rather than trading it in for my new one that is on it's way from the factory but have no Idea of what to ask for it. Specs below.

2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Stingray
3.6 with manual transmission
Mopar lift with Fuel 17x9 wheels and 37"x13.5" Toyo Open Country MT's
Mopar oversize tire carrier, after market steel front and rear bumpers
With a Warn Zeon 10-S winch
Be advised - some dealerships will give you far less for a modified trade vehicle. Many don’t want the “liability” of selling a modified Jeep, so it ends up being shipped off to auction.
Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hey GI, me so ho-nee.

I think OP needs to get the price of the stock version of what he is selling (kbb, Carvana, etc) and then add 30-50% of the cost of the mods (including labor).
I just have to say: “Too beaucoup! My mom will only let me spend ten dollars!” 😉

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
do people actually pay for mods?
Individual sales, yes they probably will. Depends on if it’s something the seller values. To a dealership, probably not. It may actually decrease value because of shoddy equipment used, poor installation, etc.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Individual sales, yes they probably will. Depends on if it’s something the seller values. To a dealership, probably not. It may actually decrease value because of shoddy equipment used, poor installation, etc.
Interesting. I wouldnt. I would look for a used Jeep that is fully stock, best deal I can get and do the mods myself.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. I wouldnt. I would look for a used Jeep that is fully stock, best deal I can get and do the mods myself.
Oh, I would most likely do the same. Because I’m in a position to want what I want and I’m able to pay even if it’s a premium product. But I think average consumer sees it as a “bonus” if it’s already got a lift, wheels, tires, etc. I’d only want that if it’s the brand I want and I know it’s competently installed.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
A dealership guy told me that if you want to trade it, keep it stock. If you modify a vehicle, you will typically get the best price selling it on the open market.

When I sold my F150 recently, I declined all the instant cash offers, and sold it directly. The truck was bone stock, except for things like floor mats and rain deflectors. I got $8,000 more than Carvana and $6,000 more than Carmax offered.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

its worth a lot less than what you can sell it for lol. strike while the iron is hot!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Mods are an individual choice. Some want them, some don't. Definitely don't add value, but don't take away either (unless they are done badly, ebay parts, etc).

My friend had a highly modifed GTI he was trading in...he told me what the dealer offered, basically a stock value. Said he would sell to me for the same. I jumped at the opportunity, it had easily $15k in upgrades including a big turbo, all done by APR HQ in Alabama. It was a Corvette killer. Sale price was $13k, I made out like a bandit. I've since sold it on.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I'm thinking of selling my current ride rather than trading it in for my new one that is on it's way from the factory but have no Idea of what to ask for it. Specs below.

2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon in Stingray
3.6 with manual transmission
Mopar lift with Fuel 17x9 wheels and 37"x13.5" Toyo Open Country MT's
Mopar oversize tire carrier, after market steel front and rear bumpers
With a Warn Zeon 10-S winch
I'm curious why you're selling... ordered a 392?

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation