First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
V.P. of Sales
I've been a guide for JJUSA, and an attendee. Like most have said accessing areas you normally can't is great, and also trying new places. I don't have anyone in our jeep circle that likes to travel across the country to jeep new places. So it's worth the price of admission for that to me, and for a long time I wouldn't have agreed in the cost. But now the cost isn't that high to have a positive experience and try out a new place vs doing it solo. This year we are doing one in Wyoming, and next year Oregon. Neither would be feasible solo.
Sponsored

1CJ1ZJ2JK1JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR392
I've done 5 or 6 events with JJUSA and while they used to be much better, it comes down to "is it worth it to you?"
They used to have nice dinners with tons of giveaways at the final banquet, then they eliminated the sponsor prizes and raised their prices.

I've done a couple post-price hike and while it is expensive for what it is, you still get a great experience. Lot of varying difficulty trails, guides and spotters and a little bit of food.

The offroading community is full of great people so that won't ever change.

I did JJUSA Anthem last year, in fact. It was a great time. If you are in the valley, it's an easy trip.
I'm new to the area and still need to find a good group to go with so it was perfect for me.
Did the tougher trails, Predator & Terminator, it was good to have the safety net of guides. They got a TJ off of Predator and onto a trailer and back to the campground after an axle issue. That guy got his money's worth for sure.

As others have said, Easter Jeep Safari is coming up and much cheaper with everything JJUSA offers short of catering. And well, MOAB. ;)

JW-UK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D110, Foers Ibex
The whole thing that I question is can I just show up at the end and follow the last Jeep. I wouldn’t want to get in the middle of their group but there’s nothing stopping anyone from doing that, you can show up to these trials and say oh sorry didn’t know this was this weekend and keep moving. Idk it’s just hard for me to grasp why.
Just my opinion, either plan your own trip with a group of buddies or pay to join a guided tour.
Everyone else has paid to participate in the event, if they all tried to turn up for free then it wouldn't happen.

I can highly recommend Easter Jeep Safari. The organisation is excellent, $50 for each trail is well worth it, to be guided and have back up if needed. I've found the guides and participants to be great, just out for a day wheeling, nothing to prove. The atmosphere in Moab is amazing that week too.:like:

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Wife and I did the Palo Duro trip because it's on private property in an area you can't access normally. The food and socializing is pretty cool however as most have said, going to places you can access year round does seem a bit much to pay for. That said, the one Ouray trip I did was my first time to that area and having group leaders on the CB tell stories of the mining history and locations was pretty neat - you get a back story to the area you're visiting. Now when we go to SW Colorado, we go with friends or on our own now. I'd say the JJs are worth it in some cases. Also, it is neat seeing other Jeeps and their setups - sometimes you come away with more knowledge on products and hear first hand experience on them. Not to mention meeting some cool people. I'd recommend them when you're going somewhere you haven't been or can't go without special access. Would love to do the Oregon coast one someday.
Actually, the same Jeep club (Amarillo Jeep Exclusive) that does all the spotting/guiding work for the Palo Duro Jeep jamboree, does a fall run in october to the exact same trails that the Palo Duro Jamboree uses. Anyone can sign up for it and it's only $200 for the river and $125 for the passenger. You get the same meals, including the Cowboy Cookout. They don't have silly restrictions about tire size either and all the profits go to a local charity - so it's tax deductible....

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
All their trips are sold out for the year. The Texas Spur and others sell out in minutes. I’ve done 7 JJUSA including the Spur multiple times, Moab, and Land Between the Lakes. Did Palo as a rider. Food is usually good. Trail guides are normally awesome. You don’t have to worry much about navigation. The Jeep community comradery is fantastic. I enjoy doing events with them and hope to do the Rubicon with them in 23.

Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
I was willing to spend the $400.00 and have the experience but the kicker for me was two people minimum at $400.00 each. No way. I would like to go to meat people and just have a good time but I can do much more for the same amount anywhere. As long as these events are sold out so fast they will continue to increase.

DesertDweller520

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
To say that wouldn’t happen is an opinion that I’d argue against. There are some people that might have the capability but just aren’t as experienced enough. They can put on a front get there and freak out, seen it happen at big bear.
Not on topic but if you want to go hit any trails I’m in Tucson and go out all the time

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Also there are some JJ that do require permits as well. I cannot recall all but there are a couple. Also some are smaller limited registrations. We are doing Arch Canyon which requires permits and is a significantly smaller group than some others. We have done the Ouray JJ and There were I think 110 Jeeps total or something like that. It was a lot of Jeeps. But part of it is also to get to talk to others. Build friendships and learn about others rigs. I don't think there are many of us that when we run into another Jeeper we don't ask or get asked questions about parts. That is also why we are all on here so frequently too.

Expensive, yes, but each person decides if it is worth it or not.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
When I did the Easter Jeep Safari years ago, part of the BLM issuing a permit to EJS was that they closed that particular trail to the public for the half-day that EJS was on the trail. So you either had to get there hours before, or hours after. This mostly prevented conflicts on the trail, traffic jams and, as you point out, folks tailgating onto the back of the organized run.

If JeepersJamboree is getting permits from BLM, I expect they're making similar arrangements.

To me, the biggest advantage of any group outing is the support of the group's spotters and mechanical experts. So even if you can "follow the last jeep" If you're not part of the group (not flying their flags) you won't be able to take advantage of the support of the group.

Bottom line, if you don't want to pay to participate (nothing wrong with that!) find a couple like minded pals, go on a less crowded day, and support each other.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So I’m all for the company bringing people together and to assist new Jeepers to off-roading and showing trials maybe you’ve never been too.
Here’s my dilemma,
they are charging you $400 for the Moab trip. It includes meals but really why else charge. Every trail they are going on you can also go on. Table Mesa is all open. They claim they charge for permits and other reasons to allow use but I can drive up there and do every trail they are talking about doing. So what’s to stop me from joining the group as they take off for the day? It’s all public/BLM land that they can’t turn you away from. Am I wrong for thinking this? Or do others have this same feeling?
I've wondered the same thing. If it's public land I don't see how you couldn't use the same trails between groups. What if you showed up to wheel and you didn't find out until day of that there's a big event like that going on?

Edit: I'm seeing other people mention those pesky permits. That'd be one way to stop you lol.

If it's only 400 bucks to go I might have to try one out, but I'll probably look for one that's on private land before doing one on public land.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did the JJ rubicon trial in 2019 with my brother-in-law. We drove down from Canada to do it. I don’t know about other JJs but that one was fantastic. The events, food and spotters were amazing.
Sponsored