Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

OP: I've crossed out the fluff, leaving behind just the hard parts worthy of serious consideration. With that in mind, what is the use case for your new vehicle?
Should you not ask the question first before crossing out options? Just thinking out loud here.
Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Hard top is really the only option I got on my '21 JLUR that I think is worth it. The only other one I added was the safety group (wife request) and it's not worth it.

If I bought a Rubicon now, I'd probably opt for the 4.88 instead of safety group, that is, if I wanted to keep a manual transmission. I probably wouldn't given the issues, although I love having a manual.

I do think the XR package is well worth it, especially on the Willy's build. So.........if I bought now it would be Willy's Sport XR, hard top, half doors (to get power windows/locks).

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
For a rubicon
Here are my current list for my order what is worth it what is not
XR recon
Cold weather
Tow
Steel bumper
Leather
Full time 4 whl
One touch
Real Jeeps don't have leather

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just click every box. That way you know you didn’t miss anything!

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Make sure you get LED headlights. They are the best I've had in a vehicle and I've had lots vehicles.

Sponsored

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Another thing make sure you get the 8.4" screen. My 7" with CarPlay although it's very clear it's very small.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Depends entirely on your use case and preferences. If you want a feature and/ or will use it then it is worth it. That being said, some features are higher value for money than others in my opinion. The XR package is 100% worth it for the gearing, axle upgrade, and tires and wheels alone. The extra suspension height, tire carrier upgrade, etc are just a bonus. Cold weather group is a godsend even for someone who lives in CA when you're out camping on a cold morning. The tow package gives you the aux switches and upgraded alternator so we opted for it on both JLs even though we never plan to tow anything with the Jeep (my ram is an infinitely better tow rig). The steel bumper group is over priced, you'll still have to buy a winch plate to install a winch, and the rear bumper is notoriously weak...but we are still running them. Leather, absolutely. Much easier to clean dog hair and dirt off of than cloth. Full time 4wd, I'll pass. I think it's limited in necessity, adds extra complexity, and the ujoint axle shafts tend to be stronger than the cv versions from the factory. If i need 4wd, I'll pull the lever. SOT, pass again. Very expensive, louder than the hard top, and with all convertibles I worry about leaks down the road.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
For a rubicon
Here are my current list for my order what is worth it what is not
XR recon - Good value if you want to do this anyway
Cold weather - Must have
Tow - Only if you need it
Steel bumper - I wouldn't if given a choice
Leather - Must have
Full time 4 whl - Assume this is select trac? Yes if so
One touch - #1 reason I didn't bother with Bronco

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Rubicons come standard with the 8.4" now so he's covered there.
Yeah I didn't know that. I crossed off the Rubicon once it crossed $60K. My High Tide came with XR package and that was a huge reason I got it. Like you said the axles, gearing , tires and wheels. The lift is definitely not the best, but it gives it the look I wanted and I can always upgrade just the shocks if/when I want something better.
Sponsored