Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
I always read something about "different suspension on the Rubicon"
I would really like to read some information about this.

In Europe the Rubicon and the Sahara are priced exactly the same.
And the Rubicon has no higher fenders, but
2676-5ea1aedb-large.jpg
comes with 4high auto and with aggressive Mud Terrain tires.
It makes no sense at all to buy a Sahara here imho.
I test drove a Sahara and liked the ride quality.
But if I switch the MT with some ATs on the "Eurubicon", what does it make it different in the ride quality from the Sahara? I don't get it .

BTW no chance to test drive a Rubicon here. Jeep Germany only offers Saharas for test drives.
Sponsored

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Oh my gosh...the Moab is literally a Sahara, with Rubicon aesthetics....I'm reading about it, this seems like a special edition...
Only thing I don't like about the Moab is being forced into color matched hard top and fenders. The fenders I could tolerate, though I prefer black fenders (hides scratches better). But for me, the color hard top is simply a no-go. I'm a black premium soft-top guy.

End of the day, my Rubicon build is exactly what I want for about $5k less than the Moab. Just make sure you do your due diligence. And figure out EXACTLY what you want; you can save a lot on your build if you pick the stuff you really will enjoy, and skip the other stuff.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Hey guys,

I plan on ordering a 2019 Rubicon in a few months, and also plan on using it as a daily driver...

I do understand that Rubicon is made for off-roading, but do you guys think I can purchase "less" rugged tires and swap my Rubi tires out with them?
We are ordering a 4dr Rubicon...as far as the tires go I have the BFG KO2 on my Hummer H2 Sut and they are the best tire hands down. I have little to no road noise. And they are comfy to drive on. The Rubicon we drove feels smooth as well. Only thing I noticed is the overly loud road noise in the 4dr vs the 2dr. Almost a Wa.wa. muffle noise

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Oh my gosh...the Moab is literally a Sahara, with Rubicon aesthetics....I'm reading about it, this seems like a special edition...
I might have gone that route...unsure about a manual and color options, but I missed the boat anyway.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Looks nice in white. I want those black wheels!

HAHA, I put those MOPAR rails on my JLUR too! MOAB could have been a good choice except I got an MT and ordered early this year.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I have the Rubicon and I use it as a daily driver zero issues. Again you will get alot of personal opinions
But choice is yours do what you want.

Big Lebowski

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Hey guys,

I plan on ordering a 2019 Rubicon in a few months, and also plan on using it as a daily driver...

I do understand that Rubicon is made for off-roading, but do you guys think I can purchase "less" rugged tires and swap my Rubi tires out with them?
We just picked up our Rubicon last night. Smooth as silk...can't see how this wouldn't be ok as a DD. Yes, I agree with others that the Sahara would be BETTER, but I wouldn't overlook the flexibility of the Rubicon as-is.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I have one of the first Moab’s (arrived 2 weeks ago). Love it! And based on what you’re looking for, it’s def worth considering. DM me if you want any details

D5D8E049-F12D-407B-A97F-9CB1BAED4747.jpeg

Can you post a better pic of the color combo of the MOAB lettering? I wanna replace the rubi lettering as I don't like the red in it. I did see another Ocean Blue with the red and it wasn't as bad as I thought though

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Looks nice in white. I want those black wheels!
Thanks! I think the Moab looks especially awesome in lighter colors because of the black wheels and accents. But then again it’s a JL with Rubicon styling. They all look
Can you post a better pic of the color combo of the MOAB lettering? I wanna replace the rubi lettering as I don't like the red in it. I did see another Ocean Blue with the red and it wasn't as bad as I thought though
the Moab uses only black lettering. No red

810EE81B-1156-414F-9CF8-D9874A2A010E.jpeg

Sponsored

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
Then it perhaps out to go both ways. Rubicon buyers can “delete” things like model designations as Porsche allows for its buyers. They don’t charge anything to delete items.
That would be awesome! But they wont. For me, I'd love for them not to have the red dash, and instead thing the grey would be a bit more subtle. Thats not an option (but likely will be after market). And who knows, maybe the red will grow on me.

The sticker is most likely coming off within the first 6 months. The rest, I can probably live with. (If anyone saw the top of the hood on a more consistent basis, I'd probably change that out too, but its really not a big deal).

So my decision came down to this....

I didn't really love the red dash, so I almost went Sahara and planned to order 33s and a Rubicon hood, as well as fenders. To me the higher stock fenders make the look. But by the time I priced everything out I would have spent as much if not more for basically a black leather dash. I also wanted cloth seats. I went JLUR without even a test drive. Now I love it, even down to the red dash. 5+ years out I likely will try a few lower level trails, but not brand new...

But now I have all these off road capabilities. Some days I go to the mall, disconnect the sway bar and drive over parking lot medians. Not because I want to, but because I can!
This is exactly what happened to me. That leather dash looks pretty good (in pictures, when I saw it in person, it doesn't look quite as good...the metal on the other hand...does look better in person).

I thought, I don't need a Rubicon, I just cruise around in the city with the top off, but I want leather this go around because my JK Sport S was bone stock. Once I priced a Sahara and a Rubicon out the way I wanted (very very basic), they were within about 2 grand of each other and 5 grand over the Sport. It just made sense to spend a little more and get a more mechanically strong jeep and deal with the "Aggressiveness" of it rather than spend almost the same amount on leather dash.

Plus, since I wanted a manual, I couldn't get selc-trac which is a huge feature of the Sahara. It was in the end, a no brainer (unless I wanted to go bone stock Sport S again...which Im still considering...but ordered a Rubicon anyway)

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Thanks for all your input, haha cause I was ready to blow 1k on new tires for comfort purposes...

But if ya'll all claim its going to drive just fine, then I guess nothing to worry about.

(Yes, i'll be one of those driving this car for pure looks, alpha, and aesthetics -- and dont plan to take it off road, hell i live in NYC)
My wife daily drives our Rubicon and she has not complained about the ride.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
No, I have not test driven the Rubicon, however I have test driven the JLU Sport S trim 2.0L Turbo..(has a sick punch to it...FYI)

I'm going to assume the Rubicon drives way different as it has a different suspension.

I'm actuallly doing some duo diligence on the Moab edition, as it's probably suit my needs.

The Moab sounds perfect for you. I also think you will be pleasantly surprised after driving the Rubicon. You can't go wrong with either.

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
I literally did not expect this much support/replies/mix feelings on the this topic.

Thanks all for your responses.

No, I have not test driven the Rubicon, however I have test driven the JLU Sport S trim 2.0L Turbo..(has a sick punch to it...FYI)

I'm going to assume the Rubicon drives way different as it has a different suspension.

I'm actuallly doing some duo diligence on the Moab edition, as it's probably suit my needs.

I guess if I'm paying 55k+ for a fully loaded Rubicon, without ever going off-roading, seems like a waste heh....
I paid 45 and got everything I wanted. Don’t fear the price. Build it and see. I got 11% off msrp.

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
I use mine as a daily driver and love it. I will take it off road, it may only be once a year but worth it to me. I think it rides like a grand Cherokee. Nice smooth ride! I have a soft top and it is a bit noisy but I am used to it now
Sponsored