Uconnect 8.4 and android auto

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
I buy the google phone since it will be updated promptly and I assume that is the issue. Sheesh...

Sad I'm thinking of replacing my phone to work with my car.

My Galaxy Note 10+ works fine, for the most part. I have it connected with the stock USB cable to the port in the armrest.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I buy the google phone since it will be updated promptly and I assume that is the issue. Sheesh...

Sad I'm thinking of replacing my phone to work with my car.
BTW, looks like I was wrong about the OS on my Note 10. It's v9, not 10.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Well it seems to be a Pixel thing. I factory reset and still no go. A Samsung and Motorola phone did. I wonder if Uconnect is not compatible with Android 10 yet.

Anyone having it work with a phone on Android 10?
I have had my Pixel 2XL for over two years now and it has worked everyday for the 3 months I have had my JLUS 8.4 and I have been on Android 10 the day it came out. #zeroissues plugged into any usb port using a Amazon USB cable.

J-Gator

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara with Power Top
Ok. I'm stumped. Samsung and Motorola both work. My pixel 3xl. Nope. Tried cables. Factory reset (a pain).

I have had my Pixel 2XL for over two years now and it has worked everyday for the 3 months I have had my JLUS 8.4 and I have been on Android 10 the day it came out. #zeroissues plugged into any usb port using a Amazon USB cable.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I'm stumped. Samsung and Motorola both work. My pixel 3xl. Nope. Tried cables. Factory reset (a pain).
Don't the Pixel phones have the capability to connect wirelessly, unlike most other phones?

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but that is on the headunit side of things. The pixel is capable but the head unit is not.
That's a bummer. I did find a workaround to get any phone to connect wirelessly. However, it requires another device like an old phone to be plugged in via USB for your main phone to connect to. Ultimately, the only reason I was going this route was because Android Auto stopped working after an app/OS update. Since it started working again after subsequent updates, I went back to tethering because that also charges my phone. Here's my original thread: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ndroid-auto-wirelessly-for-most-phones.39051/

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Had this issue today.

2020 JLUR, 8.4 infotainment.

S10+, has been working rrally well with a USBC to USB 2.0, in the "2" port of the center dash.

We've taken a 850 mile trip to California, using my phone for navigation and music.

Today it was connected via android auto as usual, then after a stop for souvenirs it said AA couldn't connect and to try another cable.

I am going to be LIVID, red lava hot pissed if this is going to be an issue on a 7 month old vehicle.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Had this issue today.

2020 JLUR, 8.4 infotainment.

S10+, has been working rrally well with a USBC to USB 2.0, in the "2" port of the center dash.

We've taken a 850 mile trip to California, using my phone for navigation and music.

Today it was connected via android auto as usual, then after a stop for souvenirs it said AA couldn't connect and to try another cable.

I am going to be LIVID, red lava hot pissed if this is going to be an issue on a 7 month old vehicle.
I had this issue repeatedly well over a year ago. I attribute it to Android updates and a suspected indifference by Samsung to coordinate with UConnect. My solution was to get a Garmin for maps and remain with SiriusXM for music. I also was uncomfortable with repeatedly plugging and unplugging the phone. Seemed like an invitation to a break. (Sport S '18, Galaxy S10, 7" UConnect)

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I had this issue repeatedly well over a year ago. I attribute it to Android updates and a suspected indifference by Samsung to coordinate with UConnect. My solution was to get a Garmin for maps and remain with SiriusXM for music. I also was uncomfortable with repeatedly plugging and unplugging the phone. Seemed like an invitation to a break. (Sport S '18, Galaxy S10, 7" UConnect)
Well damn.

Sponsored

Mrsinister

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Yep, having the same issue for about a month. Worked well for first 4 months then kaput... tried multiple cables, multiple outlets, amd 3 different android phones. I believe it happened after also plugging in a USB drive filled with music. Headed in to dealership appointment Thursday. Lame
2020JLRR

SCKOMS

First Name
Spiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Sport-S
Occupation
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
I have the same problem. Brand new 2021 2dr Sport S. Can't get AA to connect and charging is so slow that if I am using the phone to navigate and talk, it actually slowly depletes the battery.

TratzPatratz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
I've been noticing a few oddities with my new '21 JLUR.

I prefer using the centre console USB A port with a nice long 6 ft cable that i tuck between the passenger seat and the console. (it's an Anker USB A to C 3.0 braided cable, seems to be high quality) The phone I leave in the Key holder, or I'll place it in the passenger grab handle "tray" i grabbed off the 'Zon.

using the USB A to C anker cable every now and then I get "device not supported". I just unplug the phone, let it sit a few seconds and plug it back in and it works again.

HOwever, I've noticed that the bluetooth on my Pixel 5 seems to love to "forget" the jeep. I've paired the jeep to the Pixel 5 twice now and still it's not showing up in my recoginzed prior paired devices.

Anyone else with this odd bluetooth issue as well?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LNAAEJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon

I prefer using the centre console USB A port with a nice long 6 ft cable that i tuck between the passenger seat and the console. (it's an Anker USB A to C 3.0 braided cable, seems to be high quality) The phone I leave in the Key holder, or I'll place it in the passenger grab handle "tray" i grabbed off the 'Zon.

using the USB A to C anker cable every now and then I get "device not supported". I just unplug the phone, let it sit a few seconds and plug it back in and it works again.

HOwever, I've noticed that the bluetooth on my Pixel 5 seems to love to "forget" the jeep. I've paired the jeep to the Pixel 5 twice now and still it's not showing up in my recoginzed prior paired devices.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LNAAEJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Having same issue with my Note 20. Its gotta be a software glitch

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon

Is your pixel 5 running Android 11? I imagine it is. My Note 20 Ultra is. I am wondering if the Uconnect is not liking Android 11. I am going to try to do some troubleshooting with a older device to see if I have the same issues. @JeepCares any known issues with this?
Sponsored