Uconnect 8.4 OTA update?

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
According to this video, an OTA update is being pushed out. I've only had minor issues, like bluetooth audio having poor quality. Is there a way to force the update? This video is a little old, so I was thinking it would have prompted for the update by now.
Sponsored

UrbanRogue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What I noticed is the update prompt was when I shut the car off. Which IMO is a DUMB time to prompt someone. If it wasnt for the fact that I quickly noticed something on screen as I was exiting the car I would never have seen it. Ppl dont shut the car are and wait in car to look at the screen to see if something is going to happen. I push off button and exit the jeep.

maybe prompting the user when they turn the car on would be ideal as they will be in the car.

I could be wrong but thats when I got the prompt

OP
OP
dgriffin1671

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
What I noticed is the update prompt was when I shut the car off. Which IMO is a DUMB time to prompt someone. If it wasnt for the fact that I quickly noticed something on screen as I was exiting the car I would never have seen it. Ppl dont shut the car are and wait in car to look at the screen to see if something is going to happen. I push off button and exit the jeep.

maybe prompting the user when they turn the car on would be ideal as they will be in the car.

I could be wrong but thats when I got the prompt
Thanks, that may be why I've missed it. There was another thread that mentioned the update is pretty widespread this week with several people reporting they received it.

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
Only change I noticed was the addition of Off Road Pages after the update.

OP
OP
dgriffin1671

dgriffin1671

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I've had some issues with sound quality, specifically when streaming from my phone over Bluetooth. This update hopefully fixes that
Sponsored