Tuffy security deck for JL Wrangler

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
any word if they have a version coming for those of us with the alpine sub?
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
any word if they have a version coming for those of us with the alpine sub?
I contacted them a week or two ago, and they said it should be released by the end of August.

lucky2be

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ/JL Rubicon
Occupation
Farmer
Is this the only option we have at the moment for lockable rear storage?

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Is this the only option we have at the moment for lockable rear storage?

I installed the Tuffy security drawer part 058 with the lockable drawer on it - it's meant for earlier models, but drill a couple of holes and it can bolt down with the tie down bolt holes. I opted to put it on hinges so I could still get to the cubby area underneath, and will latch underneath to make it secure. the drawer can't open when the tailgate is locked/closed, and the bolts are hidden underneath behind the rear seats and can't be accessed, so I think it's pretty secure. I will say that Tuffy makes robust products, and the exterior and drawer of this are solid. However, the details that go into this (and their console insert) are not the greatest. The drawer mechanism of this is miserable, and takes me 15 minutes to get the drawer back in if I take it out (which you need to do for install regardless). The slider mechanism has bent several times and several ball bearings have been popped out. For the amount this costs, I expected something a little more tuned to not have to worry about little details. With their security console insert, the holes of the parts that need to be put together never matched up, and had to open up some holes with a drill to make it work. But once it was in, it's pretty solid.

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

IMG_8728.jpg

Sponsored

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
They are taking the "Tesla" marketing approach of creating hype about products and taking money. At least Tuffy is close to a delivery date though.

On another note the console insert is listed now for $136. A must for topless Jeeps. They make quality stuff though, if I had a JL I would plunk down some money for the rear deck and console insert.
Why is this a must? Are the stock locks trash?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland

Since the Husky liner extends all the way to the full area of the floor I'm sure the deck would install on top of it.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
429BD924-18A9-46FD-9AFD-B334293FF185.jpeg

The top can be removed in seconds.
The entire enclosure can be remove in less than five minutes and be reinstalled in less than ten minutes.
I might remove mine in the winter but having the shelf to separate cargo is nice.[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be able to access the jack, tub liner, or bolt storage compartment though right? Once you bolt that Tuffy down on top of the Husky, I'd think it would pin it down, no?

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Since the Husky liner extends all the way to the full area of the floor I'm sure the deck would install on top of it.

Thanks!
429BD924-18A9-46FD-9AFD-B334293FF185.jpeg

The top can be removed in seconds.
The entire enclosure can be remove in less than five minutes and be reinstalled in less than ten minutes.
I might remove mine in the winter but having the shelf to separate cargo is nice.
You wouldn't be able to access the jack, tub liner, or bolt storage compartment though right? Once you bolt that Tuffy down on top of the Husky, I'd think it would pin it down, no?

You would have to put holes in the mat, and yes, it would pin it down.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The version that works with the Alpine sub can be ordered over the phone for a ship date between Sept 10th and 17th. The SKU is 351-01. Price is $425.
That's good to know. I emailed them yesterday asking about it and have not received a reply yet.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That's good to know. I emailed them yesterday asking about it and have not received a reply yet.
Did you get a response yet? Deciding if I should wait for the tuffy or get a interim GPCA cargo cover...(just not a fan of the sag)

Sponsored

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Also, does anyone know if the backplate and topplate of the tuffy are easily removeable from the inside? I.E. if I want to utilize the entire cabin space to put oversized objects like snowboards or large boxes. Thanks in advance

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
They did confirm that as previously mentioned, you can call and order it.

I also contacted GPCA and the current JLU cargo cover they have listed is the lite version, so it is only supposed to be used with the hard top on. They are working on the pro version.

I am still debating on a "cargo cover" or "vault". The vaults are secure but pricey and some limit your hauling space unless you remove them. Covers are obviously less secure but just to keep groceries from blowing away.... decisions, decisions.

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
They did confirm that as previously mentioned, you can call and order it.

I also contacted GPCA and the current JLU cargo cover they have listed is the lite version, so it is only supposed to be used with the hard top on. They are working on the pro version.

I am still debating on a "cargo cover" or "vault". The vaults are secure but pricey and some limit your hauling space unless you remove them. Covers are obviously less secure but just to keep groceries from blowing away.... decisions, decisions.
Don’t forget vaults are load bearing so they effectively double your usable work space for camping trips!

TheLion

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
Just got notice my security deck (for those with the alpine) is shipping today.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just got notice my security deck (for those with the alpine) is shipping today.
Yep, I checked in with them yesterday and they said they had shipped out a dozen or so. They got them done earlier than expected. I ordered mine today and it shipped today. Will have it Thursday. They advised calling in and ordering ASAP because once they put them on the website, they will be sold out quick.
Sponsored