Tuffy Security Deck Mod

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
I just thought I would share a little project I've been working on. Before my 2020 JLUR I had a 2004 TJ. I would roll up the windows with a piece felt between each one and put everything in one of those bags that hold the fold up chairs that you used to watch your kid's soccer game. It was perfect, you could tuck it away behind the back seat under the top when it was down. It didn't take up much room and you had it in case of a sudden storm. The only problem was that it could get stolen, just like anything you might have with the top down. So when I got me new jeep I wanted a place to keep things from getting stolen and picked up the Tuffy Security Deck from someone here on the forum.
The JL windows are so much easier to put on than those old zippers but you can't roll them up. I stole the diy vinyl system of storing the JL windows from another post on this forum but but instead of putting them behind the front seats I can now keep them out of the way and locked up under the lid of the Tuffy Security Deck.
I bought some D-rings and drilled some holes. I've had the windows up there for about a day and no issues when I took the windows out. The board could be anything, I just happened to have the some old pegboard in the shed so I used that for now. The straps were a 1$ each from HD. My mom sent me the vinyl and felt pieces. I bought a cargo net for anything like beach chairs, golf pull cart or cooler that might need to go on top of the Tuffy lid. If nothing goes up there then I use the cargo net to hold some of the loose flaps on the soft top the sometime block my view when they flap in the wind. Also I added a piece of sticky felt to the top of the box where the soft top rests on it. I also had a piece of plastic with a small lip on it in the shed so I cut it up to try to protect the top of the lid but it bows a little in the sun. I might take that off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Security Deck Mod IMG_20200618_115330
Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Security Deck Mod IMG_20200618_115541
Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Security Deck Mod IMG_20200618_115631
Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Security Deck Mod IMG_20200618_115519
Jeep Wrangler JL Tuffy Security Deck Mod IMG_20200618_120129
Sponsored

OP
OP

shoebabe3

First Name
Shoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ & 2020 JLUR
No. It's the diy bag I found somewhere on this forum. I guess the mopar bag would work.

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
That's a great idea. I'm still waiting for my Security deck to come in but im hoping to have it soon.

The tie down loops on top of the deck are key. I'm def doing this. Thanks!

Sponsored

Ateam1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2018 JLU SAHARA
I just thought I would share a little project I've been working on. Before my 2020 JLUR I had a 2004 TJ. I would roll up the windows with a piece felt between each one and put everything in one of those bags that hold the fold up chairs that you used to watch your kid's soccer game. It was perfect, you could tuck it away behind the back seat under the top when it was down. It didn't take up much room and you had it in case of a sudden storm. The only problem was that it could get stolen, just like anything you might have with the top down. So when I got me new jeep I wanted a place to keep things from getting stolen and picked up the Tuffy Security Deck from someone here on the forum.
The JL windows are so much easier to put on than those old zippers but you can't roll them up. I stole the diy vinyl system of storing the JL windows from another post on this forum but but instead of putting them behind the front seats I can now keep them out of the way and locked up under the lid of the Tuffy Security Deck.
I bought some D-rings and drilled some holes. I've had the windows up there for about a day and no issues when I took the windows out. The board could be anything, I just happened to have the some old pegboard in the shed so I used that for now. The straps were a 1$ each from HD. My mom sent me the vinyl and felt pieces. I bought a cargo net for anything like beach chairs, golf pull cart or cooler that might need to go on top of the Tuffy lid. If nothing goes up there then I use the cargo net to hold some of the loose flaps on the soft top the sometime block my view when they flap in the wind. Also I added a piece of sticky felt to the top of the box where the soft top rests on it. I also had a piece of plastic with a small lip on it in the shed so I cut it up to try to protect the top of the lid but it bows a little in the sun. I might take that off.

Ateam1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2018 JLU SAHARA
i was looking for a way to store windows. plan on soft top for the coming year. looks good.

Ateam1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2018 JLU SAHARA
just noticed Tuffy box took a nice chunk out of my tailgate! SMH not sure how. shoulve went slipstream

20210217_152717.jpg
Sponsored