First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Occupation
retired
Thank you very for your post, I just install my kit today, and I have difficulty to find place where to put controller . Do you have picture of controller installed ?
No I don't have a pic, doubt I could even take one there, can't really even see it. Have to go by feel. It fits behind the aluminum brace in the upper left kick panel area as per the instructions. It's a PITA but does fit.
Sponsored

Comandore3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubikon 2door
No I don't have a pic, doubt I could even take one there, can't really even see it. Have to go by feel. It fits behind the aluminum brace in the upper left kick panel area as per the instructions. It's a PITA but does fit.
Thank you , I will try later today.

jroever

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just to add another mounting option to the list ...
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location F28834DF-B83A-424B-984B-7C526E9A12B7

If you don’t mind that the numbers are barely readable (they still are from the right angle!), this position for the redarc knob is still very accessible and super stealthy when not in use :)
Could also get rid of cover and mount flush if you care for readability.
Using 3073P harness made installation a breeze.
Looks much better than Mopar or redarc bezel if you ask me and is fully reversible if I ever get tired of it ...

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Just to add another mounting option to the list ...
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location F28834DF-B83A-424B-984B-7C526E9A12B7

If you don’t mind that the numbers are barely readable (they still are from the right angle!), this position for the redarc knob is still very accessible and super stealthy when not in use :)
Could also get rid of cover and mount flush if you care for readability.
Using 3073P harness made installation a breeze.
Looks much better than Mopar or redarc bezel if you ask me and is fully reversible if I ever get tired of it ...
Need more details and parts you used for the bezel and mounting please.

jroever

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Need more details and parts you used for the bezel and mounting please.
Remove the 12V outlet insert as described here. You will need to 3d print a small adapter that replaces the metal 12V plug insert. (I have the zipped STL file attached, you could also use an online 3D printing service or if you pay for shipping I can send you my spare :) The rest is straight forward. I decided to add a bit of hot glue since my original 12V plug was always a bit wobbly, but that step is optional. Last step is to reconnect the power and ground to the outlet light (black to the front, and I believe orange/Gray to the rear)

Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location IMG_9368
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location IMG_9330
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location IMG_9331
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location IMG_9335

Attachments

Sponsored

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 JKU, 2005 Dodge Quad cab, 2005 Audi A4
Has anyone tried these adaptors from redarc to locate the knob at the 12V power supply location? The round adaptor has a standoff that will need a 3d printed ring or rectangular bezel/flashing to fill the gap and finish the look. I would rather install the rectangular universal but can't tell if it is too small for the 12V's hole (traveling right now without jeep so can't go verify..:/ )

Screenshot_20210516-050528_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-050713_Chrome.jpg

Comandore3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubikon 2door
I just got the Mopar brake controller. So now I loose the 12volt. Does the brake controller take the power from the 12v lighter. Just wondering if I can extend the 12v wire and relocate the 12v plug. The dealership is installing it so I want to be a little more informed on what happens to the existing 12v wire. 2020 JLU.
I move 12v a bit down

fullsizeoutput_2993.jpeg

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
What size hole did you drill to mount in that spot?
I don't recall the size, but it was pretty small. Maybe 3/8"? It just needs to be big enough to slip the electrical connector through. But that was two years ago, so I could be wrong.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2004 Wrangler Unlimited
Has anyone tried these adaptors from redarc to locate the knob at the 12V power supply location? The round adaptor has a standoff that will need a 3d printed ring or rectangular bezel/flashing to fill the gap and finish the look. I would rather install the rectangular universal but can't tell if it is too small for the 12V's hole (traveling right now without jeep so can't go verify..:/ )

Screenshot_20210516-050528_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210516-050713_Chrome.jpg
I did and they work pretty well. I did file a small notch into the dash piece to clear the alignment bump on the Redarc bezel it’s very small and completely covered.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location ABC899C5-BBD0-4F92-B282-47415BA6A2EA

74bronco_nomore

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 JKU, 2005 Dodge Quad cab, 2005 Audi A4
I did and they work pretty well. I did file a small notch into the dash piece to clear the alignment bump on the Redarc bezel it’s very small and completely covered.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trailer brake controller location ABC899C5-BBD0-4F92-B282-47415BA6A2EA
I ended up doing the exact same thing. Good install and love the controller. In that location, it is VERY convenient to use the push button feature to use only the trailer brakes in offroad conditions. Just rest your hand on the automatic shifter and push when needed during the occasional waterfal decent in Death Valley.
IMG_0177.jpg
Sponsored