First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
So how is that happen. For all brake controller, it must you that you press brake so it start to work, bottom bottom line it cannot just start to brake when you are not intended to.
Echo is wireless system then it can only get signal from tail light, now hazardous light just means quick tap on brake to echo, Correct? It can only use software to detect hazardous light, like light is on and off but no deceleration means hazardous light on. But what is you happen to on uphill or engage engine brake, but not intend to brake.
maybe it is the reason brake surge while hazardous light is on, in that case it is a safety bug for echo.
There is a “switch” on the app if you want to activate your flashers. You can turn it off or on. It’s at the bottom right on your app screen when the app is open. I’ve driven 25000 miles with the Echo wireless controller with no issues what so ever-with and without flashers on.
Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Hey guys, does the mopar brake controller work for a 2019 yet ? I was an early buyer. ended up returning it. But I need a brake controller. Thanks

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, does the mopar brake controller work for a 2019 yet ? I was an early buyer. ended up returning it. But I need a brake controller. Thanks
I will let you know in the next few days. I just received it from BAM wholesale and I also bought the Tekonsha 3073-P wiring harness to go with it. The problem is the lack of diode in the white wire on the Mopar harness. I checked mine and it does not have one which means that when you press the brake button without a trailer being attached it will feed back to the brake system and light up the dash.

Hopefully, the Tekonsha has a diode in it and will work. From what I have read online, there are a number of people who have used it and it worked with no issues. The only issue I have read is it can be random on whether or not the brake lights will light up from pushing the button WITHOUT pressing the brake pedal. If that does not work, it does not matter to me because I would rarely (likely never) push the controller button without applying the brakes.

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
I will let you know in the next few days. I just received it from BAM wholesale and I also bought the Tekonsha 3073-P wiring harness to go with it. The problem is the lack of diode in the white wire on the Mopar harness. I checked mine and it does not have one which means that when you press the brake button without a trailer being attached it will feed back to the brake system and light up the dash.

Hopefully, the Tekonsha has a diode in it and will work. From what I have read online, there are a number of people who have used it and it worked with no issues. The only issue I have read is it can be random on whether or not the brake lights will light up from pushing the button WITHOUT pressing the brake pedal. If that does not work, it does not matter to me because I would rarely (likely never) push the controller button without applying the brakes.
Don't leave us hanging. How did it work out? I have a 2019 with a tow package that I need to get a controller for.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Don't leave us hanging. How did it work out? I have a 2019 with a tow package that I need to get a controller for.
Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to install it yet. Hang in there, I should have some time this coming week.

Jungle31

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 and 2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel