TPMS Sensors

jroever

First Name
Jens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Huh super weird you might be onto something. I’m feeling very unmotivated to disassemble the beadlocks so maybe when I get bored one day if it snows in a couple of months I’ll undo them.
Any chance that the extra metal from the beadlock bolts interferes with the signal?
I have some MR101's coming with 37" Patagonia's so I would like to avoid running into the same issue ...
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Any chance that the extra metal from the beadlock bolts interferes with the signal?
I have some MR101's coming with 37" Patagonia's so I would like to avoid running into the same issue ...
It is the thicker,ply tire and the lift moving it futher away from the receiver. 2018’s are hit or miss the 20’s seem to be much better. Best chance is to use OE sensors which are 20398 or 29117.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have issues with mine running method wheel with a high negative offset, the wheels in conjunction with the placement of the TPMS sensor in the wheel puts it further away so I can be going down the road and one or two of them just drop out and come back a few minutes later, does not happen often but still pretty annoying, I wish there was a cost effective way to turn the system off

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah no way to turn off without the Tazer. That will happen. The TPMS needs to pick up the sensor every rotation of the light will come on. However if it is Intermittent then the PSI will read correct but the light will still be on.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
I have 37s on 17' rims 4.5' of lift and lots of negative offset. I simply clicked add TPMS sensors and got my rims and tires shipped mounted and balance. all 4 reed the pressure correctly but the light blinks at startup and then stays solid. I'm certain the problem is due to the increased distance. my question is.... I am having 40's put on this weekend do we think that swaping the to OEM TPMS sensors would be worth the cost to give a shot at eliminating the light? (I have a tazer so the low pressure is not an issue)

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 37s on 17' rims 4.5' of lift and lots of negative offset. I simply clicked add TPMS sensors and got my rims and tires shipped mounted and balance. all 4 reed the pressure correctly but the light blinks at startup and then stays solid. I'm certain the problem is due to the increased distance. my question is.... I am having 40's put on this weekend do we think that swaping the to OEM TPMS sensors would be worth the cost to give a shot at eliminating the light? (I have a tazer so the low pressure is not an issue)
Yes it is "worth" a shot. We are seeing the OEM sensors have the best results because they have the best technology. Doesn't mean you have to go to a dealer and buy them. you just need Schrader sensors. Many places, including me (shameless plug) sell. However your Jeep is not that old so just use the ones from your original set up.

The issue why you are getting the PSI reading but the light is on is thus; The computer is picking up the reading "occasionally" because the signal is weak going the longer distance. The light stays on because you are not getting a reading at every tire rotation so it thinks something is wrong in the system. I have the exact same issue in my 18 (2.5" lift with 35's I think 8 ply tires). I ignore the light as I do like at least having the PSI reading to check every once in a while rather than doing it manually in the winter cold. It truly is a Jeep problem with their receiver however they won't fix it because it works just fine on a completely stock Jeep.

Hope that helps.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had Discount Tire install new sensors and they did not work, I tried resets, lowering and raising tire pressure. My first off-road trip the light went off and has not come back on. Maybe the slow crawling for a day allowed the computer to finally recognize the sensors, pressure is spot on when I checked the gauge to manual gauge.

Repsol69

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
Getting wheels on my wifes JL ... the shop doing it said they just pull the stock ones out and install them on the new wheels they charge $50 to do all 5.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting wheels on my wifes JL ... the shop doing it said they just pull the stock ones out and install them on the new wheels they charge $50 to do all 5.
$50 for what? Is that on top of mounting and balance charges?

Sponsored

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I just installed the correct Mopar ones on my Mopar wheels and they are not being detected. I tried airing down, driving, then airing up to 36 psi. Didn’t work.
Any suggestions?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the correct Mopar ones on my Mopar wheels and they are not being detected. I tried airing down, driving, then airing up to 36 psi. Didn’t work.
Any suggestions?
1. Are you sure you installed the correct ones? What is the part you installed? It happens.
2. Air down 15 psi and drive for a block. Come back and air up to exact door placard psi.
3. If you have the correct part in AND you have done the above and you still do not get a reading then there is something else wrong.

Take to a wheel and tire shop so they can scan them.

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
1. Are you sure you installed the correct ones? What is the part you installed? It happens.
2. Air down 15 psi and drive for a block. Come back and air up to exact door placard psi.
3. If you have the correct part in AND you have done the above and you still do not get a reading then there is something else wrong.

Take to a wheel and tire shop so they can scan them.
Yes, they are original Mopar 68241067AB sensors. They are on Mopar bead lock capable wheels with KO2's. All brand new. Had someone mount the sensors and tires. Brought to dealer, their scanner could not find them. Lowered PSI to 20 today, drove 2-3 miles, inflated to 36 and drove much more. Not being detected. No idea why lol.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they are original Mopar 68241067AB sensors. They are on Mopar bead lock capable wheels with KO2's. All brand new. Had someone mount the sensors and tires. Brought to dealer, their scanner could not find them. Lowered PSI to 20 today, drove 2-3 miles, inflated to 36 and drove much more. Not being detected. No idea why lol.
If they are not coming up on the scanner there really is only a few things it can be.
1. Truly they are the wrong sensor and the protocol is wrong that is why the tool won't pick them up.
2. If they are the correct TPMS (correct protocol) then the sensor could be dead. Highly unlikely if truly new.
3. The sensor is a sleep. Either lowering air pressure or someone using a tool the proper way the tool will wake them up.

Feel free to PM me a contact # and I can help as much as possible.

Laz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
If they are not coming up on the scanner there really is only a few things it can be.
1. Truly they are the wrong sensor and the protocol is wrong that is why the tool won't pick them up.
2. If they are the correct TPMS (correct protocol) then the sensor could be dead. Highly unlikely if truly new.
3. The sensor is a sleep. Either lowering air pressure or someone using a tool the proper way the tool will wake them up.

Feel free to PM me a contact # and I can help as much as possible.
awesome thanks for the info. Dealer told meI would have to dismount the tires
Sponsored