Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just as the title states no TPMS sensors I would like to know who runs without them installed, the reason being is I get intermittent errors on mine due to my wheel/tire configuration and I’m old school any way and carry a tire gage and normally check them once a week with a gage.

So for those running with them do you get any error messages or warning bells or chips from the EVIC that indicates a problem not having them installed

thanks
Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Just as the title states no TPMS sensors I would like to know who runs without them installed, the reason being is I get intermittent errors on mine due to my wheel/tire configuration and I’m old school any way and carry a tire gage and normally check them once a week with a gage.

So for those running with them do you get any error messages or warning bells or chips from the EVIC that indicates a problem not having them installed

thanks
I would think you need a Tazer to shut down the software for them

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The TPMS warning light will be on. You can ignore it, or as other have said, get a Tazer to turn it off.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would think you need a Tazer to shut down the software for them
As stated above. You will need a Tazer to turn off.
The TPMS warning light will be on. You can ignore it, or as other have said, get a Tazer to turn it off.
I thought there was a member awhile back that advised if you pulled all the sensors you would get an warning the first few starts then nothing .....no lights, warnings, messages etc...

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was a member awhile back that advised if you pulled all the sensors you would get an warning the first few starts then nothing .....no lights, warnings, messages etc...
You could try it.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Read that also

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Any updates ? Does the light eventually go out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Any updates ? Does the light eventually go out.
No, light stays on, luckily it's a small light :)
You could cover it w/ a small piece of electrical tape if it bothers you. I don't give it a second thought now (been about 10 months running my Patagonias without them).

It's pretty easy to tell an underinflated tire on these vehicles. My Infiniti w/ large wheels and very low profile Max performance summer tires (with stiff sidewalls) is a different story, a 15 lb tire looks almost identical to a 40lb inflated tire from the side

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I run a set of aftermarket wheels without tpms for the last 8 months. Upon startup, I have to toggle back to the Speedo because a picture and the warning indicator comes on. You also get a chime just once. For the duration of the ride you only see the yellow “flat tire” picture on the lower left. I can tolerate it just fine and it beats dicking with those damn sensors in my opinion.

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I run a set of aftermarket wheels without tpms for the last 8 months. Upon startup, I have to toggle back to the Speedo because a picture and the warning indicator comes on. You also get a chime just once. For the duration of the ride you only see the yellow “flat tire” picture on the lower left. I can tolerate it just fine and it beats dicking with those damn sensors in my opinion.
My last FCA vehicle was a 2016 Dodge Charger R/T. I ran a set of snows on beater wheels without TPMS sensors from November-March for two seasons. It operated the same way - there was a chime at startup and the warning shows up in the center cluster, so you have to toggle away from it to your regular display item. The ( ! ) warning light was always on as well. Other than that, it did not affect anything else.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't tried it with the Wrangler but a few years back, I had a Miata with speed rated tires. The cars are so light many people ran the tires in the low 20's. The trick with a Miata was to put the 4 sensors in a capped PVC pipe with a tire nozzle, air it to 35lbs and throw it in the trunk. Depending on how the Wrangler reads the sensors this may or may not work.
Sponsored