Sponsored

TPMS Sensors

jerkyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Purchased four sensors for my winter wheels, part # 56029398AB...they don't work.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Purchased four sensors for my winter wheels, part # 56029398AB...they don't work.
That’s an awfully generic statement, do you have diagnostic or programming tools to use on them?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
1. From the actual dealer so they are Mopar parts?
2. If yes then something else is wrong as those are the correct part for non TFA (Tire Fill Alert) JL's but even if you have a TFA Jeep then they will still work just the horn will not honk when at the proper PSI.
2a. If yes then make sure your other tires are no where around the Jeep and go drive it. Also remove the spare as well and once your 4 tires pick them up then re-install your spare.
2b. If yes and the above does not work then something else is wrong.
3. In no to 1 then we need more info and get me the actual part number of the TPMS.

Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me for additional help.

jerkyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I got them off ebay so I highly doubt they are oem. I didn't take the spare off though, think that might be the problem?

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got them off ebay so I highly doubt they are oem. I didn't take the spare off though, think that might be the problem?
It can be. If the spare was in the rotation it can be getting confused. It has worked several times. Also folks had their take off wheels in the back and that won't work either. Make sure it is only the 4 wheels and go drive.

Sadly there are good and bad on ebay. I doubt also you got OE sensors from there. No telling without seeing pics of the actual TPMS.

On some of the 18 and 19's we are seeing issues with all sensors except the OE Schrader ones when folks have put on bigger tires and lifts. For example some are getting the PSI reading but the light stays on because it isn't getting the reading every rotation so the Jeep thinks the TPMS is bad.

jerkyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
That’s an awfully generic statement, do you have diagnostic or programming tools to use on them?
'20 JL, and no I don't have a scan tool. I read that you don't need to program them. I have an '18 Silverado that I have to program each time I swap wheels so I'm familiar with the process.

jerkyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
It can be. If the spare was in the rotation it can be getting confused. It has worked several times. Also folks had their take off wheels in the back and that won't work either. Make sure it is only the 4 wheels and go drive.

Sadly there are good and bad on ebay. I doubt also you got OE sensors from there. No telling without seeing pics of the actual TPMS.

On some of the 18 and 19's we are seeing issues with all sensors except the OE Schrader ones when folks have put on bigger tires and lifts. For example some are getting the PSI reading but the light stays on because it isn't getting the reading every rotation so the Jeep thinks the TPMS is bad.
I never took the spare off and don't have the others in the jeep. I'll try taking the spare off and report back.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
'20 JL, and no I don't have a scan tool. I read that you don't need to program them. I have an '18 Silverado that I have to program each time I swap wheels so I'm familiar with the process.
Completely different vehicle and different process. If you don’t have access to a programmer you’re pissing in the wind. There is no way to know if the sensors are putting out a signal or not without one.

Sponsored

JCstingray

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport Altitude 2.0T Sting Gray
Anyone buy the Schrader 29093 and have any issues. I have a 2021 with Tire fill assist.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a 2020 JLUR which dose not have the TFA feature.

I bought a set of Mopar 68402371AA from one of the many online Jeep dealers operating out of a brick and mortar dealership after speaking with my local tire shop service manager, to learn if the tire shop would be willing to use the factory OEM TPMS when setting up my new wheels and tires. The sensors arrived in factory packaging and correct part numbers, and I handed them over to the installers when the Jeep was dropped off.

The sensors had already been recognized by the TPM system when the Jeep left the service bay, and although I did not pay attention exactly when the air pressure display actually updated, the system was fully functional by the time I got back home, which was a total distance of 1-1/2 miles, and has remained fully functional.

It seemed really easy to make the arrangements to ensure that everything worked well.

JCstingray

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sport Altitude 2.0T Sting Gray
I have a 2020 JLUR which dose not have the TFA feature.

I bought a set of Mopar 68402371AA from one of the many online Jeep dealers operating out of a brick and mortar dealership after speaking with my local tire shop service manager, to learn if the tire shop would be willing to use the factory OEM TPMS when setting up my new wheels and tires. The sensors arrived in factory packaging and correct part numbers, and I handed them over to the installers when the Jeep was dropped off.

The sensors had already been recognized by the TPM system when the Jeep left the service bay, and although I did not pay attention exactly when the air pressure display actually updated, the system was fully functional by the time I got back home, which was a total distance of 1-1/2 miles, and has remained fully functional.

It seemed really easy to make the arrangements to ensure that everything worked well.
Any link to site?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I Googled "MOPAR parts", picked one of the many dealers listed and entered my VIN to get the same part a parts department would suggest if I drove to a Jeep dealer.
Sponsored