Vehicle Showcase

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Catch can is a must on direct injection engine (PVC side) to minimize sludge buildup on top of your valves.
Port injection - no benefit since valves get washed down with fuel.

Good baffled catch can cost no more then $30, you just have to get fuel rated hoses from auto parts store (they will not get soft on you).

Screenshot_20201026-123214_eBay.jpg

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Pictured below is same exact catch can that Mushimo sells for $200.
Buy additional oem PVC hose and reuse connections (If want to save your original).
Only thing missing is fancy mount bracket.

Screenshot_20201026-123521_eBay.jpg

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Dumb idea or not? Just received my UPR catch can and seeing how the factory hose is ran I thought about just leaving the factory hose in place and capping the ends of it to keep trash out. Just in case a time comes where I need to remove the catch can and reconnect the factory hose.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb idea or not? Just received my UPR catch can and seeing how the factory hose is ran I thought about just leaving the factory hose in place and capping the ends of it to keep trash out. Just in case a time comes where I need to remove the catch can and reconnect the factory hose.
I think I had considered the same, but if memory serves (on the 3.6L) it would be in the way.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
If you need to remove just use a hose joiner to join the in/out hose.

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
What type of fitting is that called? I've looked but haven't had any luck, even called UPR.

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Jeep Wrangler JL To Catch a Catch Can 20201213_154514

UPR catch can, 11k miles worth of oil collection on my 2020 JLR 3.6 engine, very pleased with my purchase.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JLR 3.6 engine and installed my OIL CAN and it is worth it... I have posted my results and told Joe, great product. Now if I do just highway/city driving only check every oil change at 5k... If I do major inclines I check it next day after cool down. If you see a smoking butt... tell them to get it.. O the original UPR...

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
@joe@upr
Great pictures and thanks for sharing. Just wanted to add the fact that the UPR catch cans fill up so fast is because they coalesce so much better than the other catch can designs. The majority of other designs let an excessive amount of oil escape and pass right through the catch can and only leave a small percent of what's actually traveling through the PCV system.

Even though many see oil in other catch can's they don't realize it's usually just a fraction of what they should be catching causing the placebo effect. We always have customers tell us their catch cans fill up quicker than brand x they used to have and they cannot believe the difference in the diffuser/filter for coalescing can make such a big difference.

Also, we will be offering an upgrade for existing customers with a different bottom to the catch can more geared to rock crawling and true JEEP designated component like all our kits as we don't believe in one size fits all products like all the other brands.

Have a great day, Joe
Hey Joe - do you guys have a version for the 2.0T yet? I've been watching the Mishimoto threads and since I live in high altitude I'm worried about throwing CEL lights. If UPR has a viable option I'm very interested! (didn't see anything about the 2.0T on your site tho...)

AU_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Hey joe, I notice the JL has two ventilation ports. One on each valve cover. One feeds into the intake before the throttle body and one after the throttle body. Why do aftermarket catch can systems only address one of these breathers ? The other one is left to dump oil vapour into the inlet before the throttle body?
should I catch can both lines?
Sponsored