Sponsored

This is why I have a dashcam.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't know my Grands too well, but I believe the gear selectors in some of those Grands were pretty confusing for a while. Might have just been an oblivious driver. Glad no damage occurred!
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
That's not a problem for battery life? I have no idea how much 5v of consumption would impact a modern car battery over a couple of days.

What is the camera mounted to in the back?
I actually went on vacation and let it set for a week. When I started it up and went to my battery gauge, it was still in the middle. The amount that it uses it meniscule.

What do you mean 'mounted in the back'? You mean on the windshield or back of the jeep?

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I actually went on vacation and let it set for a week. When I started it up and went to my battery gauge, it was still in the middle. The amount that it uses it meniscule.

What do you mean 'mounted in the back'? You mean on the windshield or back of the jeep?
Yes, I meant how you had it connected in the back. There's not a natural location like a windshield or a rearview mirror, but I guess you could just zip tie it to a pillar.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara

Either this was an attempt at an insurance scam or this guy isn't a fan of the JL. Regardless, this idiot is one of several reasons why I have a dashcam.
I apologize! I dropped my joint between my legs.

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
I always thought this Dashcam love of mine was a weird thing, like everyone looks at me weird for having one. But I'm glad the rest of you are just as neurotic as me haha! I have the Blackvue 4K 2 channel in the family car. A cheaper one in the JL but 1080p. I keep meaning up upgrade it to the Blackvue but I keep spending it all on other mods...

Do you guys hardwire it into your aux bundle for clean install?

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Here is my contribution, took a screenshot because you can see what happened and I don't want to bother uploading to youtube - almost ran off the road at high speed. Truck driver probably didn't even know what happened.

@simpleJL I see your point regarding 4K vs just having 1080p. My JL has 1080p and family SUV has 4K. For license plate readability, I have found that I can at least get the accurate record by reading it out loud so the audio is saved with the video on the 1080p.

Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 6.09.21 PM.png

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, I meant how you had it connected in the back. There's not a natural location like a windshield or a rearview mirror, but I guess you could just zip tie it to a pillar.
i just tucked the wire behind the plastic of windshield channel, all the way down the door inner dash, in the carpet (pulls back easy) then to the console. No wires stick out anywhere.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
20190718_151214.jpg

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Here's another reason I have a dashcam.

Now, thankfully the Jeep is fine. The young lady that swerved into me was trying to avoid the idiot in the Eclipse who wasn't paying attention and, unfortunately for her, her vehicle didn't fare well at all. Nonetheless, this happened less than half-mile away, on the same fucking street (just in the opposite direction) as the video I originally posted.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Accidents in Colorado since the legalization / decriminalization of pot are already up over 10%...And it's only going to get worse...

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I don't know my Grands too well, but I believe the gear selectors in some of those Grands were pretty confusing for a while. Might have just been an oblivious driver. Glad no damage occurred!
Doubt it. I had a 300 with that shifter. The problem for me was it'd get stuck in neutral when I went across it and didn't push in the button enough. It'd fool me because it click-clunked like it shifted into whatever gear I meant to put it in, but since the button wasn't 100% depressed it'd stick to neutral.

If the driver say, was in park, and meant to shift into drive, they would've been stuck in neutral lol.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another reason I have a dashcam.

Now, thankfully the Jeep is fine. The young lady that swerved into me was trying to avoid the idiot in the Eclipse who wasn't paying attention and, unfortunately for her, her vehicle didn't fare well at all. Nonetheless, this happened less than half-mile away, on the same fucking street (just in the opposite direction) as the video I originally posted.
Wow what a shame Spank that you can be doing everything right and still get your s**t messed up. This^ btw is why I will never own a motorcycle. Too many bad drivers.

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Colorado has the worst drivers of the many states I've lived in. Yet they try to blame out of state people for it.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I was ready to go Blackvue but now I’m waiting to see what comes of the Waylens Secure 360. Potentially massively disrupting product. Up to15 days of park mode, built in LTE, and 360 field of view from a single camera. I also need to look and see if it can be mounted inverted so it can go on a BlendMount just under the mirror. And use a MirrorTap for power.
Did you checkout this review of Waylens....

I like the 360 degree idea, can you mount it upside down on the roll bar.
Sponsored