The dreaded JB freeze

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
You guys, quick ... someone left the JB door open. My JLUR slipped out the back straight into the open arms of KZ today. Let's all go, I'm buyin' !!
Good for you, grab mine will ya? :)
Sponsored

blackjackpershing

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
That is storage.
Yes. The Jeep Chat boilerplate is “you may have been selected for additional inspection or being held for delivery purposes”. But given Snelldog ordered from the same dealer and has now gone KZ, I am banking on the former being true ... unless he got the last space on the monthly east coast train.

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
I just hit JB status today. Ordered a JLU Rubicon 6 speed manual with Dual Tops on 2/3/18... So just shy of 3 weeks from date of order to JB status. As others have stated, due to the shortage of soft tops, I'm expecting my Jeep to sit in JB status until probably 3/15/18 (a good ~3 weeks from today). Add another ~2 weeks for shipping to the dealership. That puts me right at 8 weeks, which is exactly what my dealer told me, and is exactly what I planned for.

Sponsored

blackjackpershing

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I just hit JB status today. Ordered a JLU Rubicon 6 speed manual with Dual Tops on 2/3/18... So just shy of 3 weeks from date of order to JB status. As others have stated, due to the shortage of soft tops, I'm expecting my Jeep to sit in JB status until probably 3/15/18 (a good ~3 weeks from today). Add another ~2 weeks for shipping to the dealership. That puts me right at 8 weeks, which is exactly what my dealer told me, and is exactly what I planned for.
That is very a very rational and level headed way to approach this process. My OCD/ADHD prevents me from such a state of mind. If we didn’t obsess about Jeep codes .... what would we do?

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ
Still in JB here, but have had ingate/rebay events two consecutive days. Not to say am im in bad company, but still holding out hope I am not in for an extended stay.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Still in JB here, but have had ingate/rebay events two consecutive days. Not to say am im in bad company, but still holding out hope I am not in for an extended stay.
Hi Kevin, I assume you ordered dual top?

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Nope. Planned to look at aftermarket once I sorted out transporting an 18' kayak.
Well, then you are in the JB club for a different reason than most. Not sure that is good or bad ;)

Sponsored

KCVS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura and JLUR in KZ

OscarMike_to_Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Ocean Blue, '65 Mustang Convt, 1972 Honda CT70H
Allright, I'll throw one out there...

If all these JL's are in JB waiting for premium tops, where do they sit waiting? Outside?

Dual top not an issue as have hardtop to keep elements out while waiting, but what would they do with a JL that was ordered with premium top only while it was sitting (mine)?

Hmm... any answers, theories or other... ???

draffind

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
My theory is that all the soft tops were allocated to production due to the hard top delays from last month. The dealer i ordered mine from said they were not allowed to order anything but soft top jeeps last month.

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Chatting with Jeep just now I received confirmation that

"There is a material restriction on the premium soft tops. so a delay."
Means they have shortage of soft tops. Therefore, if you ordered one, you may have to wait in JB. Of course there could be other reasons for remaining in JB.
got an e-mail from Jeep Cares and they told me my hardtop was what was causing my delay. go figure. I think they're running out of everything

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I have been in JS since 2/15. Any ideas why they put vehicles in storage?
Mine sat in JS for 13 days and finally went KZ last week.

It is storage. I believe mine was waiting on a part - so they transported it up to Taylor, MI to a storage facility for the time it took for the part to arrive.

Then they transported it back down to Toledo and it went KZ the same day.

You are either waiting for a part - or waiting for a train.
Sponsored