Sponsored

Jumping between order statuses? (J - JB - I - JB)

johnsanc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler MOAB
I have a question for you Jeep ordering veterans who have already gone through the ordering process before.
Is it normal to jump between I Status and JB Status during a build?
If so, what is actually happening during this process?

I couldn't find any examples of this on the forums.

All of the status updates below were provided by Jeep Chat on their respective days. Apparently their system does not show a status code history (or they will not share that info):

Order Date: 4/24
VIN Assigned: 4/25
D1 Status: 4/29
D1 Status: 5/1
F Status: 5/4
I Status: 5/5 (assumed based on future info provided)
Build Sheet Available: 5/6
J Status: 5/8
JB Status: 5/11
I Status: 5/13 (9 days)
I Status: 5/15 (11 days)
I Status: 5/16 (12 days)
JB Status: 5/17

Everything seemed to be going as I would expect until 5/13 when the Jeep Chat rep stated that I have been in "I Status" for 9 days. This confused me because just 2 days prior I was in JB Status. Based on this timeline and the status codes provided it seems as if the status codes are not linear. I could be wrong, but the "I Status" may be a more global status code that technically applies for the timeframe between when the base build is complete and all add-ons have been installed and passed final inspection.

Multiple chat reps also explained that JB status is when the add-ons are actually being installed. If this is the case then this timeline makes sense. There may have been a period of time were not all add-ons were available at once so I slipped into "I Status" until the remaining items were ready to be installed.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Sponsored