First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Terrible raggedy looking soft top on that Bronco. It looks like a super model wearing granny panties...

It is one thing test driving a vehicle, it is another owning it.

I will give the Bronco a definite pass. Short arm IFS is not for me, cheap looking interior, huge dimensions, poor front articulation, and even with those 35's it scraped its belly in the TFL Defender vs Wrangler vs Bronco test.
A supermodel in granny panties is sexy!

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1627728914849
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
OP nice write up and brave post saying something good about the Bronco in the jlwranglerforums.com err broncobashingforums.com. Bronco sure looks promising and looks to handle just about anything a Wrangler can conquer especially doing tight turns on Black Bear pass with that turning function it has.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
To me, the Bronco looks like a FJ Cruiser. It's big too. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to reason that a smaller Jeep would be better off-road. I do agree that the competition will ultimately make FCA improve.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
The Bronco or the sport? There is a huge difference.
Sorry I was not clear. I guess I was kind of in the frame of mind as many that say JEEP. Many are talking only about Wrangler.

Sorry, I meant FULL BLOWN BRONCO. Like what is shown in the pics of this threads original post.

Not a fan at all!!!!

And the soft top..... was it designed in the dark with blindfolds on?

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I get a kick out of the notion that the Bronco is so much larger. 2 inches difference on width... The JL is a large vehicle on the trail period. The narrow low hood I definitely appreciate but the notion that the Wrangler, especially an unlimited is a tidy vehicle on the trail is absurd. Both are a good 20 inches narrower than a full size truck, that is big, the Bronco isn't big...

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
To me, the Bronco looks like a FJ Cruiser. It's big too. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to reason that a smaller Jeep would be better off-road. I do agree that the competition will ultimately make FCA improve.
A FJ with removable top would be interesting.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I get a kick out of the notion that the Bronco is so much larger. 2 inches difference on width... The JL is a large vehicle on the trail period. The narrow low hood I definitely appreciate but the notion that the Wrangler, especially an unlimited is a tidy vehicle on the trail is absurd. Both are a good 20 inches narrower than a full size truck, that is big, the Bronco isn't big...
Wrangler flares sticknout far out, while bronco has wider body and less flares. Interior is wider then 2 inches.
Interior is 5" wider.

But overall trail use,, yes, there's negligible width that being talked about just to BS about something. It just has wider track with more ofset wheels. Put -12 ofset wheels on Jeep and you will have Bronco track.

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Iā€™ve been on many trails where 2 inches wider means body damage, yeah on fire roads and medium difficulty and even some so called black diamond it wonā€™t matter but even so, the extra size means less margin of error.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Iā€™ve been on many trails where 2 inches wider means body damage, yeah on fire roads and medium difficulty and even some so called black diamond it wonā€™t matter but even so, the extra size means less margin of error.
the 2 inch difference is a complete joke, why people make comments like this baffles me. You must find some special trails to run because in 30 years of running trails in all sorts of vehicles I have never seen where 2 inches made any difference. Good thing you have that "narrow" JL for those hard core runs...LOL

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Wrangler flares sticknout far out, while bronco has wider body and less flares. Interior is wider then 2 inches.
Interior is 5" wider.

But overall trail use,, yes, there's negligible width that being talked about just to BS about something. It just has wider track with more ofset wheels. Put -12 ofset wheels on Jeep and you will have Bronco track.
The 5 inches wider interior would be nice. My knee is up against the door lock switches in the JL, it is pretty snug in there. Works fine for my petite wife and it is her car so... She looked at the Bronco sitting on the dealers floor last weekend, she liked it but told me she loves her Jeep more. Good enough for me, my new truck will hopefully show up soon, I love having a big full size interior.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Those Bronco soft tops are super cheesy. Ford should be embarrassed to have that floppy wrinkled mess atop $50-60K new rollouts.

That said, I still think the Bronco looks real good otherwise and I wouldn't ever consider a soft top, anyway.

Tried to order a Black Diamond Bronco back in January, but the dealership was brain dead over the whole procedure, so I walked out, drove half a mile down the road to a Jeep dealership and I've been driving a 2dr 80th Edition for 4 months now.

I hope the Bronco is a success, but I have zero regrets over my decision.

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I posted this yesterday to another thread but I think it fits better here.

I test drove a 4 door badlands Bronco tonight and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that it tracks straight down the road and there is little to no correction needed.

That said, I didnā€™t enjoy the drive, it felt like a taller version of my wifeā€™s Honda Pilot which is great, but not much fun.

The open air experience for the passengers was awesome, but I think due to the thick roll bar above the front windshield the front seats view was more obstructed.

I didnā€™t care at all for the soft top, and would only consider it with the hard top.

I was driving East with a setting sun and I couldnā€™t see the digital dash. It was completely washed out, however the 12ā€ audio screen was very nice and crisp. There was no controls to change the back ground color in either screen so you are stuck with gray for day conditions and blue for night.

The doors were larger, but felt flimsy, and the auto drop windows caught on the weather stripping every time it was opened. Some interior elements felt nicer than the JL and some like the top of the dash felt awful.

All the Offroad goodies were comparable to the JLUR with the exception of trail turn assist, which felt weird, but was fun when you gassed it because it made it feel like you were doing doughnuts.

As a parting comment, I think someone else mentioned that the Bronco is an on road car that is capable off road, and that the Jeep is an off-road vehicle capable on road, similar animals for people with different needs. I am holding onto my Bronco reservation to see if they improve things by MY 23. If not, I love my Jeep and will likely hold onto it. Funny enough, while my Jeep was parked next to the Bronco, one of the Ford employees kept gushing about how beautiful my Jeep was.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I agree. That extra width could make a minor difference on a few trails but overall I would not discount the Bronco for that issue. I wonder how the respective turning radiusā€™s compare.
Sponsored