Sponsored

Drove The New Bronco Today

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Thinking it's mostly life long sports car guys like me that have a problem with SFA. If your not rock crawling IFS with Ford's innovative sway bar disconnect is PLENTY capable for intermediate to hard trails. Some, like me, are buying a Jeep in spite SFA not because of it IMHO.
Then you could surely understand why somebody would buy a Porsche GT3 and never put in on a track?

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
What? I understand Porsche would never use a SFA!
Point being the whole "2% of people needing/using it" mentality that a few on here or there claim as some excuse to kill off the die hard use of things.

Like buying a Yamaha R1 and never putting it on a track or take it through a canyon. Does that mean make the bike less capable since only 2% of the owners will actually track the bike?

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Point being the whole "2% of people needing/using it" mentality that a few on here or there claim as some excuse to kill off the die hard use of things.

Like buying a Yamaha R1 and never putting it on a track or take it through a canyon. Does that mean make the bike less capable since only 2% of the owners will actually track the bike?
Think there is some miscommunication going on here? Less capable? My original post was simply to say I'd prefer IFS.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It's ironic, but back in 2019, I was 100% convinced my next new vehicle was going to be a Bronco. I never owned a Wrangler, but was underwhelmed by the rides I was given in them - primitive, bumpy, jalopies built for off-roading...who cares? I was a sports car guy that wanted a six-speed manual transmission daily-driver SUV to carry more people and stuff when needed. And no way in hell would I buy a Fiat-Chrysler POS. The Wrangler owners I knew literally had wheels fall off their Jeeps.

I just hoped that my Xterra would last long enough to get me to that Bronco, but it didn't, and I had to settle on a Wrangler, the only available and most similar manual transmission SUV to that old Xterra that served me so well.

Honestly? I couldn't be more thrilled with the Jeep. I have fun driving it down trails and it puts a smile on my face just getting groceries. I don't think I'm going to bother looking at Broncos for myself until the next generation. I'll still follow Bronco news, but just because I'm an automotive fan.
Funny, that's almost exactly how I ended up in a jeep... Except I was in a mustang and sure I'd replace it with a bronco. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm a jeep guy now... I've been underwhelmed by what I've seen.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then buy an IFS vehicle instead of trying to ruin a good thing?
I'm not trying to ruin anything. Jeep isn't going to listen to me. Jeep has a SFA & I'm still buying one over the Bronco for several reasons. Honestly, enjoy your SFA but if the next generation comes with IFS it won't break my heart.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I'm not trying to ruin anything. Jeep isn't going to listen to me. Jeep has a SFA & I'm still buying one over the Bronco for several reasons. Honestly, enjoy your SFA but if the next generation comes with IFS it won't break my heart.
What is your issue with SFA?

Sponsored

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Loose seesaw steering which requires constant correction. But I'm a car guy so that should be expected. The Jeep will be my toy since I don't like boats.
Do you have the old aluminum steering box? Since the new steering box, I can't find fault in my wranglers steering (full disclosure, I did swap lca's as well, $80 and an hour or so of work).

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Loose seesaw steering which requires constant correction. But I'm a car guy so that should be expected. The Jeep will be my toy since I don't like boats.
What psi is in your tires? Lift?

Mine is not loose and we have 80mph highways here. One finger driving.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the old aluminum steering box? Since the new steering box, I can't find fault in my wranglers steering (full disclosure, I did swap lca's as well, $80 and an hour or so of work).
No, I'm still waiting on delivery but did test drive one. Planning to do a steering dampener upgrade which should help.