Not open for further replies.

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
With the newest update I’ve noticed that when the turn signal cam is on, my dash audio screen does not display correctly. Most of the time it’s blank.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JEEPER_737

I stand by my post and would/will tell you the same thing now as I told the other guy.... I encourage you to reread my post. Zero in on where I mention we have had many complain that their JL's radio was a muck, missing b/u lines and such and this, is from guys that do not have a programmer installed. A lot of these guys have had their JL's for months, do not have a programmer and then suddenly the b/u line problem.

As I mentioned "Sure, your hiccups may possibly be related to the programmer but a greater possibility is, that the hiccups are related to your 8.4 radio (or other radio) as all the JL radios have lets say sporadic issues/hiccups.

Suggest you too, immediately unmarry and remove all Tazer JL components.... then, run for say 3 weeks or so and see if magically, all your electronic issues disappear.... I think not... but ya never know.

For the record, I do not work for ZAutomotive. I am a Tazer JL fan boy though and also have been closely following forum posts here for months..

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sorry if this was discussed already, but can the Tazer JL change the voltage to the electric part of steering control on a JL to allow for different type of ride/feel like some other vehicles have via a button on the dash? If not, can someone suggest it as a future feature?

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
With the newest update I’ve noticed that when the turn signal cam is on, my dash audio screen does not display correctly. Most of the time it’s blank.
I found the latest firmware update to buggy for me. I returned to the previous version and no problems. I will wait for the next update and see.

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
I took off the extender and it seems like some of the issues are not happening at this moment. I will keep monitoring.
I do know the turn camera stopped working for a few turns and then started to work again.

What makes it hard is this is totally random.

I did not write this to complain, but to find a solution. I think everyone on here that bought a tazer knew there would be some hiccups.

Another issue i have found... i scroll down on the menu to start and stop and it always says my driver door is open. No other signal and i know my door is closed.

I will end up unmarrying for awhile and see what happens, just trying different things first.

thank you for the help

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I took off the extender and it seems like some of the issues are not happening at this moment. I will keep monitoring.
I do know the turn camera stopped working for a few turns and then started to work again.

What makes it hard is this is totally random.

I did not write this to complain, but to find a solution. I think everyone on here that bought a tazer knew there would be some hiccups.

Another issue i have found... i scroll down on the menu to start and stop and it always says my driver door is open. No other signal and i know my door is closed.

I will end up unmarrying for awhile and see what happens, just trying different things first.

thank you for the help
I have the 7" screen on my jlus without a tazer and lines also disappeared on the backup camera yesterday and I accidentally rutted my yard after a heavy rain while backing up at 6am going to work...lol. I usually pride myself on backing up well...it was strange..

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Or a full delete for those of us that want ram assist?
Is there a way to test what that would feel like by unplugging something temporarily? Or were you being sarcastic? Lol

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Nope....100% serious.

I'm not at all certain how the "electric assist" to the normal hydro steering works. I have a feeling it's computer controlled at some point...since it's steering, it's entirely likely that FCA has some nanny governance system trying to "safeguard" you should it detect the electric part isn't working correctly (i.e., deleted/disconnected)....which would mean you'd have to find a way to bypass that nanny system to allow a conversion to ram assist...which frankly will be a necessity for people who are using their JLs in big rocks with big tires.

I haven't even looked at the system to see if there's a way to unplug it and see what happens.....hell, I'm a car guy and I'm looking at some of the stuff under the hood in the JL going, "WTF is that?" LOL
Then this sounds like a perfect future feature for the Tazer JL (hint hint). And let us know what happens when you unplug it. Be sure to wear a helmet just in case though. lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU / Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Jeep Builder
We're having issues with our JL not even recognizing the Tazer JL. Following the instructions, it won't work at all. Anyone have any luck getting someone from this company on the phone.

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer question:
I have 2 main need for my sport s:
1. Tire size adjust (lite will do this)
2. I have Rubi bumper w LED fogs ... will either allow LED fog choice? I didn’t see as specific option in table unless I read wrong.

Thx.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Warpath