Not open for further replies.

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
My Tazer keeps messing with my electronics. Sometimes the backup camera has no lines, sometimes my screen locks up and i have to pull over and turn my jeep off and then back on and everything works. The turn camera works once in awhile. its not working now and i will probably have to unmarry and marry back on to get it to work again.
If you’re using an extender cable, try the Tazer without it. Mine was messing things up.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have run with and extender cable and without one and have had no issues, not sure how the Tazer would interfere with the camera or how an extender cable would do the same, the only issue I have is with turnCam and CarPlay not playing nice together and also sometimes when I used it when the turn signal went off the camera would stay on so for now I’m not using it but the other features I am using like EES Off, Auto Park off, TPMS alarm limits and tire size setting all work perfect

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto any word on an upcoming release or new features coming out? Wondering if you still have time to keep pushing the TazerJL offerings forward or if you've been slammed and things have slowed down.
I'll bet he's more slammed than ever, the way JL's are pouring off the line and sales are at a record high. If they go to a 3rd shift, it will get even worse. Still, I'd love to know what might be in the next update.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I had an issue this past weekend where the radio went very noisy with static. I tried Sat, am, FM and my phone for music. They were all the same and it happened after starting and driving for about a half mile, it worked fine when I first started out. I got to where I was going, did a full reboot and all was fine again. Rita is tough to say if it was Tazer or Jeep issue.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Only strange issue I have is that when I use the "mute" button to activate my rear camera, it will cause my SiriusXM channel to change songs. Odd....

The joys of CAN-BUS wiring architecture!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
My Tazer keeps messing with my electronics.
I take issue with your pointing the finger so to speak at the Tazer JL in regard to your electronic issues...

Sure, your hiccups may possibly be related to the programmer but a greater possibility is, that the hiccups are related to your 8.4 radio (or other radio) as all the JL radios have lets say sporadic issues/hiccups. For example there are a scad of forum posts in regard to the back-up camera ... back-up camera lines, camera locking up, blue or black screen, etc. hiccuping.

Actually, I chuckle when you infer the backup line issue regarding line and locking up, are being caused by the Tazer JL... I mean geeeez, as I mentioned, many many JL owner's that do not have a programmer have been complaining about backup camera issues like you mention.

Now, if you said TurnCam or another Tazer JL feature needed lets say fine tuning, was hiccuping slightly on occasion, I would not question your comment..... BUT, to say willy nilly, that the Tazer JL, "keeps messing with my electronics" is a bit much.... overstated for sure.

Suggest you immediately unmarry and remove all Tazer JL components.... then, run for say 3 weeks or so and see if magically, all your electronic issues disappear.... I think not.

attn. @joe@zauto

IPSCOJL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018SRT
I’ve now tried to download the latest update utility, and each time I get a message from Norton that the “ZPU_207.exe is not safe and has been removed” anyone else having this issue.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@IPSCOJL

I just no, downloaded “ZPU_207.exe" from ZAutomotive's website, and scanned it / checked it, with Malwarebytes Premium. Scan results were negative.

I'd say Norton is false reporting... or possibly not liking you are wanting to download an exe file.

Also, I downloaded the file yesterday and installed on a back-up laptop. I had on issues and virus scan yesterday, reported no virus.

'

@joe@zauto

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My Tazer keeps messing with my electronics. Sometimes the backup camera has no lines, sometimes my screen locks up and i have to pull over and turn my jeep off and then back on and everything works. The turn camera works once in awhile. its not working now and i will probably have to unmarry and marry back on to get it to work again.
How do you know it’s the Tazer? Others are reporting those issues with no programmer installed. Try unmarrying and unplugging it for a few weeks. I bet the same issues persist. (My UConnect is definitely squirrelly since it got the OTA update a few weeks back. I’ve had to use my Tazer to reboot it three times, now.)

trble

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Disabled Vet
To all,
Used the jeep for quite awhile before using the tazer..... thanks anyway.....never had any problems until the tazer was activated. Probably about 3 months of driving.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
To all,
Used the jeep for quite awhile before using the tazer..... thanks anyway.....never had any problems until the tazer was activated. Probably about 3 months of driving.
I would say contact Joe at Tazer to see about sending it back to be checked under warranty if you are eligible, I paid the $20 more and got the extended warranty, anyway regardless if it gets replaced or nothing is wrong with it if your not happy then just sell it and cut your losses, life is way to dam short to sweat the small stuff.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To all,

Suggest you immediately unmarry and remove all Tazer JL components.... then, run for say 3 weeks or so and see if magically, all your electronic issues disappear... That is the only way you will have a clue.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say contact Joe at Tazer to see about sending it back to be checked under warranty if you are eligible, I paid the $20 more and got the extended warranty, anyway regardless if it gets replaced or nothing is wrong with it if your not happy then just sell it and cut your losses, life is way to dam short to sweat the small stuff.
To me that would be a waste if time at this point.

If I had a concern about my Tazer JL like this, I would unmarry the TazerJL and remove the hardware. Use the JL for a few weeks and see what transpires after the Tazer JL is out of the picture. That will paint a better picture of what's going on. -- For the record, I have done this in the past myself)

As mentioned before, many here are complaining about JL backup camera issues... most guys/gals complaining do not have a programmer installed.. That tells me ........

WisTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
@IPSCOJL

I just no, downloaded “ZPU_207.exe" from ZAutomotive's website, and scanned it / checked it, with Malwarebytes Premium. Scan results were negative.

I'd say Norton is false reporting... or possibly not liking you are wanting to download an exe file.

Also, I downloaded the file yesterday and installed on a back-up laptop. I had on issues and virus scan yesterday, reported no virus.

'

@joe@zauto
I dropped using Norton years ago. It acts like malware.

JEEPER_737

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I take issue with your pointing the finger so to speak at the Tazer JL in regard to your electronic issues...

Sure, your hiccups may possibly be related to the programmer but a greater possibility is, that the hiccups are related to your 8.4 radio (or other radio) as all the JL radios have lets say sporadic issues/hiccups. For example there are a scad of forum posts in regard to the back-up camera ... back-up camera lines, camera locking up, blue or black screen, etc. hiccuping.

Actually, I chuckle when you infer the backup line issue regarding line and locking up, are being caused by the Tazer JL... I mean geeeez, as I mentioned, many many JL owner's that do not have a programmer have been complaining about backup camera issues like you mention.

Now, if you said TurnCam or another Tazer JL feature needed lets say fine tuning, was hiccuping slightly on occasion, I would not question your comment..... BUT, to say willy nilly, that the Tazer JL, "keeps messing with my electronics" is a bit much.... overstated for sure.

Suggest you immediately unmarry and remove all Tazer JL components.... then, run for say 3 weeks or so and see if magically, all your electronic issues disappear.... I think not.

attn. @joe@zauto
The poster doesn't have many post on the Forum, nor do I. So that poster nor I may not know of the threads about the other electronic issues or backup camera issues, Uconnect issues. So please don't be dismissive of someone mentioning a possible a relation between their electronic issues andthe Tazer JL. He was going to Unmarry and reset to see.. that's what I took from his post. That being said

I've had my JL for 2.5 half months now. I have had my Tazer JL for 2 weeks. Prior to installing I had no Uconnect freeze ups, Blank Screen, or back up camera issues.. since installing it I have experience similar hiccups as the other poster mentioned. Twice I have done a reboot on the Tazer JL to resolve, the Uonnect Issue, frozen screen, No Radio, Black Screen, or the back up camera issue that I was experiencing. It did resolve the issue. I had first tried turning off the vehicle, shutting everything down and restarting the Jeep which didn't resolve the issue.

This morning I had issue with the back up camera missing the lines, and the backup camera freezing- not sure what the cause might be, but could it be a glitch in the system, or a glitch between the Tazer JL and the System,,,, MAYBE.. but not sure yet.. I am going to keep monitoring it and testing to see if I can put two and two together.. Cheers.. I will share if I come up with more info.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.