Not open for further replies.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
thanks! This is super helpful. Did the dealer say anything about ithe taser being married? I will plan on doing the same and keep my fingers crossed the dealer won’t give me crap about it.
They didnt say anything about the Tazer. They also flashed the computer for
JEEP TSB #18-057-20 REV. A
Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Did the flash mess with your tazer settings? DId you have to do anything with the tazer when you got your jeep back?

They didnt say anything about the Tazer. They also flashed the computer for
JEEP TSB #18-057-20 REV. A

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I'm ordering up a set of those extensions right away! Why do they just say for mini and lite, though, and not Tazer JL? I can't see any reason they wouldn't work with the original Tazer JL.

Also, what did the TSB flash correct?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Wow, I'm ordering up a set of those extensions right away! Why do they just say for mini and lite, though, and not Tazer JL? I can't see any reason they wouldn't work with the original Tazer JL.

@DanW

Joe, no longer sells the original Tazer JL, (First to Market) so that is probably why the SWG Extension Cable is not mentioned on his website in regard to the original Tazer JL.

By the way, in the updating weeks, Joe, (per Joe) will be selling re-furbished original Tazer JL's. (until his stock of same is exhausted) They will be sold at a reduced/very reasonable price.

I have the SWG Bypass Cable ..... real nice to have! Got mine from China. YES, the SWG Bypass Cable does, also work with the original Tazer JL. The cable will also work with the SmartStopStart unit.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@DanW

Joe, no longer sells the original Tazer JL, (First to Market) so that is probably why the SWG Extension Cable is not mentioned on his website in regard to the original Tazer JL.

By the way, in the updating weeks, Joe, (per Joe) will be selling re-furbished original Tazer JL's. (until his stock of same is exhausted) They will be sold at a reduced/very reasonable price.

I have the SWG Bypass Cable ..... real nice to have! Got mine from China. YES, the SWG Bypass Cable does, also work with the original Tazer JL. The cable will also work with the SmartStopStart unit.
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that, but with the bulk of the original, it certainly makes sense. Where did you get yours? I'd love to see a discount from them for first adopters. $29 is steep for a little cable like that.

For marketing purposes, I'd recommend he put Tazer JL in the description, too.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize that, but with the bulk of the original, it certainly makes sense. Where did you get yours? I'd love to see a discount from them for first adopters. $29 is steep for a little cable like that.

For marketing purposes, I'd recommend he put Tazer JL in the description, too.
It’s worth the markup. Yes, you can order directly from China and save $10-$15, but you won’t have it in hand for like 6 weeks. Also, you have to convince the seller to let you buy a “sample” because they only want to sell these in bulk. I ordered from Z Auto and am using with my original two piece Tazer. Money well spent!

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Flash: Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Updates This bulletin involves reprogramming the PCM with the latest available software. The customer may comment on one or more of the following:Abnormal Engine noise heard periodically. This noise is caused by Variable Valve Timing (VVT) cleaning cycle. A misfire condition with no Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination or Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) set. In addition, the following software enhancements are available:Updates to include misfire DTCs.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I disconnected the tazer and kept it married. They completed the work and reflash without any issue. The taser settings weren't impacted by the reflash only the u connect settings were impacted (theme, sound settings back to factory). All of my radio stations were still there and apps didn’t change location. Hope this helps others getting the new steering box, which by the way makes a huge diffefence. Completely different feel (for the better).

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the TSB done right before christmas, and they did a recall that flashed the computer. I didnt unmarry but I did remove the tazer. I bought the extension cables and this was the perfect time to install them.

(extension cables)
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/
thanks for posting this. Just spent 30 mins in 28F weather disconnecting tazer and fiddling w the damn plugs. Will get extensions

Sponsored

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m adding Mopar LED turn signals and fog lights. Just got my Tazr installed and staring to learn.... 2021 JLUR that came with the Halogen package. :(

I’m a little confused on the DRL settings in the Tazr.

Not sure what SRT in "Dedicated DRL, SRT DRL’s, Turns, Fogs, Hi beams or Low beams" means.

Besides setting these to LED what setting do I need for the turns to operate in DRL mode? I just want the Turns to operate as DRL and turns like the OEM package. Fogs I will just set as LED.

I have Oracle LED Headlights that’s are plug and play with the fuse tap for their DRL. I’ll leave them set as is.

Much thanks!

Last edited:

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
For those who have regeared and deleted the FAD, when you have to bring your jeep in to the dealership or are you still unmarrying it before bringing it in? I wasn’t too worried about it when I only changed the tire size but now that I have change the gear ratio and the FAD, I’m a bit nervous about driving it around town to drop it off at the dealership. I need to bring it in for the steering box TSB work which is the reason I am asking.
So....what's the FAD? My newest Jeep is a 98 TJ, so I'm not familiar with the electronics on the new ones. Getting ready to order a JLUR4xe (will trade it for a 2-door if they ever make them eventually) so I'm trying to school myself.

Never mind. Finally found it. Front Axle Disconnect like the old YJs had. Thought it was something totally new. Nice you can just program it out instead of taking it apart and putting g a scew thru the fork.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Second life so to speak for the "FIRST TO MARKET" original Tazer JL ...

Joe is currently (2/12/21) selling refurbed original Tazer JL's for $$165.00 !

He has 57 that he wants to part with at that price .....geeeeeeez, for only $165.
Limit 1 per customer...

I'd take one of these in a heart beat.... I had one, but gave to my one Son.. Sure do miss it.. 8-)

You'd need to also buy the $69 bypass module from him though, to use with it... So, in the end for $234 total, you'd have a two piece, Tazer JL with all the capabilities as the Tazer JL Mini...

Refurbed, original Tazer JL:
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/refurbished-tazer/

Necessary bypass module:
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/bypass-module/

@joe@zauto

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hello everybody - Will the Tazer allow me to configure my mirrors tilt down in reverse? I had this feature in my RAM 1500 and it is great when backing into tight parking spaces and what not.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hello everybody - Will the Tazer allow me to configure my mirrors tilt down in reverse? I had this feature in my RAM 1500 and it is great when backing into tight parking spaces and what not.
I've been told no since there is no sensor to give positional feedback. I think he could just use a configurable timer, like one second down - one second up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.