Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I want to be able to control the sway bar in 4hi and 2wd just like it operates in 4lo. It should have the same exact operation regardless of transfer case position.
Why would you want your sway bars disconnected in 2WD?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want your sway bars disconnected in 2WD?
A lot of the off-road parks have very long dirt trails to get to the actual obstacles(at least the ones i have been to) I usually keep mine in 2wd until i get to the hard stuff but with the sway bar connected it makes for a very rough ride.
Even on road I would like to be able to disconnect on the crappiest of roads(low speed.)
I have a classic bronco in the shop that has no sway bars, and a lift with 33s. At low speeds it just floats over the rough stuff I normally feel throughout the whole Jeep. Now when I'm done driving it and get back in the JL it feels like a sports car... It would be nice to hit a button and have the best of both worlds, but I imagine it being a major liability for someone turning the swaybar off and trying an emergency lane change at higher speeds.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone know how low it can set the DPMS sensor warning? Dealership service department told me it can't go below 28psi using their programmer.
I have mine set to 15

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Apparently, you can start the JL/JLU, put it in 4Hi or 2WD and it will stay disconnected regardless of speed.
Well I tried it today and it disabled my sway bar button.
I never checked to see if the swaybar was still disconnected unfortunately. Also, It’s not a live setting so I didn’t want to keep turning the feature on and off and rebooting it out in the middle of nowhere.

Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am adding the Aux Switches to my Jeep this Friday, I wanted to know what the Tazer would do for them.

This is what I asked:

"
I am about to install the Aux Switches and wanted to know what I can control with your Tazer JL?

Do I have to have the dealer flash the system?

Other menu:
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio"

This is the reply:

The “aux” switch enable function on the Tazer JL is used to enable the factory Mopar Aux switch kit – which normally requires a trip to the dealer to enable them after they’re installed.

Once installed and enabled, they’ll work as I the Jeep was built with them.

I’ll be adding some mapping functions to them also, like to be able to use one to run a light show or something…

They’re programmable using the Uconnect to be monetary or push on/off and whether to work with ignition or all the time.

Wow! No fee for the dealer and all of the functions.

More when I get it installed.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Don’t really understand what the adds are - what is Line lock? What is Rock Crawler?

Thought sway bar disconnect and lockers were only available in a Rubicon?

Splash settings?
I'm not sure about the others, but in the car world a line lock is usually a feature that holds the front brakes while not holding the rears. It allows you to do a burnout and warm the rear tires up for drag racing. Not sure why anybody would want it on a Jeep.

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Im not sure but I think the line lock would be for those with a twin stick t case. Where the rear brakes would be locked with the rear axle disengaged and the front axle engaged which would allow the jeep to maneuver more tightly while rock crawling.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Or, are they using the term line lock for holding the rpms at a higher idle for winching?

Sponsored

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Instructions say Line lock for burnouts

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Look for some other functionality as well. While browsing the Tazer site, I noticed that they have a video on installing AUX switches on the Challenger and you can then map Tazer functions to the Aux buttons instead of using the center display to activate them. I contacted them and asked if it would be possible to allow us to map functions from the Tazer like "winch mode", "cool down mode" or light shows to the AUX buttons. Thier reply was:

"I think I’ll add the mapping function to the aux buttons – that’s a good idea and easy to implement."

Since I am adding the Aux Switches to my Jeep this Friday, I wanted to know what the Tazer would do for them.

This is what I asked:

"
I am about to install the Aux Switches and wanted to know what I can control with your Tazer JL?

Do I have to have the dealer flash the system?

Other menu:
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio"

This is the reply:

The “aux” switch enable function on the Tazer JL is used to enable the factory Mopar Aux switch kit – which normally requires a trip to the dealer to enable them after they’re installed.

Once installed and enabled, they’ll work as I the Jeep was built with them.

I’ll be adding some mapping functions to them also, like to be able to use one to run a light show or something…

They’re programmable using the Uconnect to be monetary or push on/off and whether to work with ignition or all the time.

Wow! No fee for the dealer and all of the functions.

More when I get it installed.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I was staying late at the shop as USPS was showing my TAZER as out for delivery.... I just updated the tracking info now USPS claims "Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location"
It is sunny outside, the shop gates are all open and I am impatiently waiting for every damn car to drive by so that I can play with my new "toy."
USPS is such a Joke! :angry:
They do this all the time with my Amazon packages that I am supposed to get free two day or next day delivery on.
Sorry, I had to rant....

How difficult is this SGW module to get to? I looked under the dash(I barely fit just to look at it.) I can easily see the OBD connector and barely see the plugged in black connector above it. Is that the SGW module(Circled in red below?)
I wish my head/hands weren't so damn big so I could see it and get to it easier.

sgw.jpg
Any other $^#%@ clues guys? first, there are two plugs up there, but the directions only talk about one. WTF??? The one on the left simply won't come out, even with a good press on the clip.

I can't get it out of there.

Sorry, I'm just pissed. I got my big hands up in there and did everything I was supposed to do, and the thing won't budge. I don't want to pull too hard on the wires, either.

If I can't get this, I'm sending it back and will try and get a refund.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Any other $^#%@ clues guys? first, there are two plugs up there, but the directions only talk about one. WTF??? The one on the left simply won't come out, even with a good press on the clip.

I can't get it out of there. Someone please tell me you only need the one on the right. Of course, I know you don't, because there are two plugs in the $%#^# thing.

Sorry, I'm just pissed. I got my big hands up in there and did everything I was supposed to do, and the thing won't budge. I don't want to pull too hard on the wires, either.

If I can't get this, I'm sending it back and will try and get a refund.
I expected it to be a fight, but mine came out easy once I did it by feel rather than trying to see what I was doing. Did you try pushing the connector all the way back into the box then pushing the button with one finger and pulling the cable down with your free fingers?

Doubt it helps much but here are the "two" connectors plugged into the bypass module.
20180426_194230.jpg

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If t doesn’t come out easily by pulling the cables then you aren’t pressing the release tab in far enough. I used my right middle finger to push the tab and pulled the cables with my left.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.