Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@BostonBilly
@TTEChris
@PaPasJP
@others...

Do know this in regard to the Tazer Jl... You can unmarry the Tazer JL before you go to the dealer. You would then after the unmarry, remove both Tazer JL modules. When you unmarry, the JL automatically goes back to factory settings..

BUT.. do know that when you reinstall that same Tazer JL and 2nd module to your JL, that all the settings that you had before unmarrying, will be automatically pushed back to the JL when you remarry . You do not have to set-up all again..
Way more effort than a simple “pro-cal” style of programmer to make simple adjustments. Hopefully it won’t be long before others are out.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
@BostonBilly
@TTEChris
@PaPasJP
@others...

Do know this in regard to the Tazer Jl... You can unmarry the Tazer JL before you go to the dealer. You would then after the unmarry, remove both Tazer JL modules. When you unmarry, the JL automatically goes back to factory settings..

BUT.. do know that when you reinstall that same Tazer JL and 2nd module to your JL, that all the settings that you had before unmarrying, will be automatically pushed back to the JL when you remarry . You do not have to set-up all again..
IF a dealership checks for it, they can tell that factory settings have been altered even if you unmarry it and set everything back like it was. I don’t know that they always check. But they can.

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Bright White 3.6L 8 Speed
Way more effort than a simple “pro-cal” style of programmer to make simple adjustments. Hopefully it won’t be long before others are out.
Procal has no way of doing an "unmarry" to remove traces of it ever touching the BCM... You dont have to do the whole procedure FatBoy01 said, you can just unmarry it when you go in for service, and then 30 seconds to remarry it. If youre changing between two tire sizes you just have to go and tweak it in tire size...

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IF a dealership checks for it, they can tell that factory settings have been altered even if you unmarry it and set everything back like it was. I don’t know that they always check. But they can.
No they cant. The only footprint that is left is a counter of how many times each config was written to. Same thing gets ticked if you used a Procal/ SCT/Diablo programmer too even just for tire size.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Yes, you have posted this before. Those in the know here, know to discount what you say.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Procal has no way of doing an "unmarry" to remove traces of it ever touching the BCM... You dont have to do the whole procedure FatBoy01 said, you can just unmarry it when you go in for service, and then 30 seconds to remarry it. If youre changing between two tire sizes you just have to go and tweak it in tire size...
@CuylerTech

I did two posts here today. I mentioned in one that YES, you can do a simple unmarry, say when you go into dealership. I also mentioned in another post, saving multiple configurations for those that might be interested in doing same. Very very easy to upload a saved configuration.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Is there an option to disable the auto park

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
:(

CuylerTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@CuylerTech

I did two posts here today. I mentioned in one that YES, you can do a simple unmarry, say when you go into dealership. I also mentioned in another post, saving multiple configurations for those that might be interested in doing same. Very very easy to upload a saved configuration.
SSKill on the live features will turn it off every time you start the car as long as the tazer is plugged in.

Sponsored

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked one up today, also have a discount code good until 5/15 so pm for details.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
@BostonBilly
@TTEChris
@PaPasJP
@others...

Yes, I saw that wonderful thing.

Thanks,

ncbmx64

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Question for everyone running 37's with the automatic transmission is it normal that the transmission stays in 6th gear running highway speeds 65-80 mph? Very rarely does the transmission now get into 8th gear at any speed. I have programmed the correct tire size using the tazer and speed it spot on compared to iphone speedo app

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Question for everyone running 37's with the automatic transmission is it normal that the transmission stays in 6th gear running highway speeds 65-80 mph? Very rarely does the transmission now get into 8th gear at any speed. I have programmed the correct tire size using the tazer and speed it spot on compared to iphone speedo app
Most likely due to gearing itself. A re-gear might be needed to allow it to go into the higher gears. By changing the tire size, you are also changing the final drive ratio. Think of it as putting a bigger pulley on something that is belt driven. A re-gear would be like then installing a larger pulley on the other side to bring it back to the same speed as before.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.