Not open for further replies.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
How easy is it to set everything back to factory? Also, when and how is it updated?
Again, all you do is select unmarry and it get done/back to factory settings in seconds.

The Tazer JL's firmware is updated by connecting the Tazer to your computer with a USB cable they provide. They also provide a simple Windows software offering that installs easily in Windows. (I installed in Win 10 and no issues at all) You use this software to do the firmware updates with.

Anyway, with the software they provide you load new firmware into the Tazer. Very easy to do, even if you are not real computer savvy. As he adds new features, he will make new firmware available to load onto the Tazer.

Sponsored

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Again, all you do is select unmarry and it get done/back to factory settings in seconds.

The Tazer JL is updated by connecting the Tazer to your computer with a USB cable they provide. They also provide a simple Windows software offering that installs easily in Windows (I installed in Win 10 and no issues at all)

Anyway, with the software they provide you load new firmware into the Tazer. Very easy to do, even if you are not real computer savvy. As he adds new features, he will make new firmware available to load onto the Tazer.

I've read that he's experienced with other FCA vehicles. Have you heard any horror stories of it screwing up vehicles, or does it appear to be pretty safe, like the ProCal's or Superchips programmers have been in the past?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
When you unmarry, do you lose the tire and TPMS adjustments you made?
Yes otherwise you could pass it from Jeep to jeep programming them all with one programmer

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Yeah the beep alone would be a great addition via this device for someone that didn't purchase the safety package. Was never intending to say that it wouldn't be
Without having blind spot sensors how can you turn the beep on? The beep activates when you go to change lanes and someone is beside you, your Jeep has to recognize thee is a vehicle there to beep.

Does the Tazer unit, or will the Tazer unit allow locker engagement while in 4HI, or even 2Hi?

Also, how about Swaybar Disconnect while in 4hi?
Why would you want to lock or disconnect in 2H?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I've read that he's experienced with other FCA vehicles. Have you heard any horror stories of it screwing up vehicles, or does it appear to be pretty safe, like the ProCal's or Superchips programmers have been in the past?
Remember, this programmer is turning on and off things that are lets say, available to turn on and off. Mopar will change these same things (turn on and off, etc.) but they charge $125 or so a pop to do so. Mopar won't change certain things as they will not do anything that breaks the rules lets say. Example: turning TPMS off, Allowing Nav input while vehicle is moving, etc..

As for the company bringing us the Tazer JL. Well the Tazer JL is a new offering but this company has been around awhile and they have a very good track record in regard to their offerings for other vehicles..

Their other Offerings:
Tazer
BurnBox Hellcat
BurnBox Ram
BurnBox G1
BurnBox G2
TranZformer Gen1
TranZformer Gen2
OBZII Emergency Response Module

Note: In my comments above I did not address the Light Show offering of the Tazer which is obviously not a Mopar feature offering.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, all this programmer is doing is turning on and off things that are lets say, available to turn on and off. Mopar will change these same things (turn on and off, etc.) but they charge $125 or so a pop. Mopar won't change certain things as they will not do anything that breaks the law. Example: turning TPMS off, Allowing Nav input while vehicle is moving, etc..

As for the company bringing us the Tazer JL. Well the Tazer JL is a new offering but this company has been around awhile and they have a very good track record in regard to their offerings and other vehicles..

Note: In my comments above I did not address the Light Show offering of the Tazer which is obviously not a Mopar feature offering.
Thanks for answering all the questions! I can't wait to try this thing. Any more info on the video offering? Does that mean it might play videos on the screen off of the phone?

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Thanks for answering all the questions! I can't wait to try this thing. Any more info on the video offering? Does that mean it might play videos on the screen off of the phone?
All I know is what I have read on their website. https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer-jl/
I also got an earful from forum member, Wes, in regard to his experience so far with the Tazer. Thanks again, Wes!

Do know that any video related stuff with the Tazer, that may/will become reality, will require you to purchase additional cables, etc. that can run $65+-.

I'm in hope that all forum members that buy/use the device will come here and take the time to speak up about their Tazer experience. As a team so to speak ,we will all benefit from each others experience..

Caveat: IF you do not have a PC.... if you are a MAC computer guy/gal, you will want to go to the Z Automotive's website and read. Be sure you can run their Sierra offering.
https://zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered! Thanks @FatBoy01 for the help!

Last edited:

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Fatboy01,
My understanding is that once you change tire size and TPMS you can disconnect and remove the 2 units from the Jeep the settings remain. If you go to a dealership for warrant service would they know you have made any changes with this unit?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.