Not open for further replies.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Thanks for answering all the questions! I can't wait to try this thing. Any more info on the video offering? Does that mean it might play videos on the screen off of the phone?
Funny thing about that... it sounds much more exciting than it really is, at least in my experience. I have a Yukon XL with three screens - front center stack and two flip downs for each of the two rows of seating. I paid way more than I'm willing to admit, here, for someone to enable video on the front screen (along with NAV input while in motion, unlocking some video formats, and letting me view the backup camera while moving forward). It involved shipping the computer to Georgia and having it flashed and shipped back. (So couldn't drive brand new car for 3 days.)

I do use the NAV input once in a while (my wife can punch in an address while I drive), though more often than not we use GPS on the phone.

Anyway, wanna know how many times we've had video play on the front screen? ONCE

Obviously the driver isn't going to look at it (I hope), so it comes down to, "will my front seat passenger watch TV while we drive?" In my case, the answer is a resounding, "nope!"

In a Wrangler, I'd think there's even less of a use case for video... it's too noisy on the highway.

All of that said, I plan on getting a Tazer and would unlock video if that capability is added, because why not? Above is just my experience in case it helps folks who might be weighing two devices against one another - one that unlocks video vs. one that does not.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caveat: IF you do not have a PC.... if you are a MAC computer guy/gal, you will want to go to the Z Automotive's website and read. Be sure you can run their Sierra offering.
https://zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/
Thank you for this. I will e-mail and ask about High Sierra compatibility. Sierra is in the rear view mirror for most of us...
Subject: Re: Macintosh (1.0.1) ZPU
Date: April 14, 2018 at 10:25:28 AM EDT
To: OldGuy

Sierra is a minimum. Works on high Sierra too.
Damn, what great service... they e-mailed me back in minutes (and it's Saturday morning). Should my Wrangler ever get built, this is my first mod...

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Fatboy01,
My understanding is that once you change tire size and TPMS you can disconnect and remove the 2 units from the Jeep the settings remain. If you go to a dealership for warrant service would they know you have made any changes with this unit?

Yes, after you marry the Tazer JL and have turned on or off the features you have opted to change, you can remove the Tazer and the associated SWG Module. No need to leave attached. However, for "Live Functions" you need to leave the Tazer and SWG attached.

IF, I were going to a stealership for say a tire rotation, oil change, door hinge adjustment, etc. (I would never do that) I would not unmarry the Tazer. The dealer is not going to be hooking up the JL to their computer if you are going their for stuff like that.

With that said, if I were taking the JL into the stealership for a problem with the radio, electrical system, auto transmission issues or such, I would definitely unmarry the Tazer. Only take seconds to unmarry the Tazer. Once the Tazer is unmarried the vehicle is placed back to stock configuration.

Stealership tech will undoubtedly be clueless in regard to whether you did or did not have a programmer attached at some point in time. I know with the ProCal programmer I have never had a tech say he had evidence that I had used one. This will be the same with the Tazer JL. Remember, in reality, the Tazer JL is not a tuner. It does not alter what Mopar has in place, in simple terms, it just turns things on and off. Of course, the Tazer Light Show is not something Mopar has avail. on the stock JL.

Important: When taking your JL to the dealer, for sure, always remove the SWG Module and the Tazer JL Module before you get to the dealership. Consider unmarrying the Tazer and then let it marry again after the dealership visit.

Do not tell anyone at the dealership that you are using such a device! Do not tell them! Always deny use of a programmed if asked. There is no way they can easily prove otherwise.

Last edited:

ChrisTheGod

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yamaha r6, Infiniti q60s conv, 2021 HYDRO RUBI
Anybody know is there a way to reach out to there care people to ask about adding a feature like using the little button on the door to locc and unlocc the door if a jeep doesn't have the proximity key feature. (I believe my dealer forgot to add it on and i'm really not trying to reorder just to wait months for this blue)

Last edited:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I had a guy message me and ask me about the footprint of the Tazer JL and the associated SWG module. Wanted to know if you left it attached, if it hung out a lot, was it really visible, would you hit it with your foot, etc.

Well, the Tazer and SWG module are not really that big in size (footprint). They are big enough (actually they are small in size) that they might bother you visually lets say. They may catch you eye and you'd rather not see them.. especially if you are anal about such stuff like I am.

No they do not reside in a place that you could kick them easily.

With that said, the Tazer JL plugs into the OBDII port. The OBDII port is easily moved up higher should you desire to do so. Moving the OBDII up a couple of inches will take it and the plugged in TAZER out of eyesight. As for the SWG Module that is easily tucked up higher and out of eyesight also.

By the way. I have no relationship with Z Automotive and by no means speak for them. I'm just a guy that has taken the time to do his homework lets say, in regard to the TazerJL

Last edited:

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Without having blind spot sensors how can you turn the beep on? The beep activates when you go to change lanes and someone is beside you, your Jeep has to recognize thee is a vehicle there to beep.
Based on what others have said, apparently the LED lights have the sensors in them if you order that lighting package even if you didn't order the safety package - the safety sensors are already built into the lights but just the functionality isn't turned on. I guess this programmer lets you turn it on for the audible alert. The other physical piece of the safety package though is the side view mirrors with the warning light integrated into them, and obviously this programmer can't enable a light within the non-safety package mirrors.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Thank you for this. I will e-mail and ask about High Sierra compatibility. Sierra is in the rear view mirror for most of us...
What is the Sierra/high Sierra? Been doing a lot of research on Jeeps lately as I just ordered my first one but haven’t come across this.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
What is the Sierra/high Sierra? Been doing a lot of research on Jeeps lately as I just ordered my first one but haven’t come across this.
The Sierra that is mentioned has to do with Mac computers. This thread is in regard to the Tazer JL programmer that is an aftermarket offering for the JL. Unless you are going to use a Tazer JL and are a Mac user then do not worry about Sierra and how it will affect you as a JL owner.

Read here if you are a Mac user and plan on buying a Tazer JL. . if you are a MAC computer guy/gal, you will want to go to the Z Automotive's website and read. Be sure you can run their Sierra offering. https://zautomotive.com/z-automotive-programming-uti/

Sponsored

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are the names of the two most recent versions of the Mac operating system.
Oh. He was speaking figuratively about it being in most people’s rear view mirrors. Sorry guys. Stupid question. I took it literally. My bad.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Oh. He was speaking figuratively about it being in most people’s rear view mirrors. Sorry guys. Stupid question. I took it literally. My bad.
The latest version is High Sierra, so most people have already upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra.

Sounds like you need Sierra minimum to get the Tazer to work.

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The latest version is High Sierra, so most people have already upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra.

Sounds like you need Sierra minimum to get it to work.
I’m good. No MAC for me. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.