echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a JL lite and upgraded to a mini and had it installed after upgrading my tires to 37”. I was able to set tire size and psi settings. But the tire sensor warning never goes away. I’ve tried setting it between 28 and 30 psi on both front and back and have also unmarried and remarried the tazer. I have also noticed that I am getting the proper tire sensor readings; but those sensors have also gone out before every so often but then comes back after a while. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I am also running weighted beads. This problem has never happened before the install. So wondering if it’s the Tazer or where to begin. Any advise would be much appreciated.

FDAFC642-B0D0-46B9-B2EE-3AD2043DA8EC.jpeg
015DD535-CDA6-40B7-80DC-3AECDB3DFDC0.jpeg
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a JL lite and upgraded to a mini and had it installed after upgrading my tires to 37”. I was able to set tire size and psi settings. But the tire sensor warning never goes away. I’ve tried setting it between 28 and 30 psi on both front and back and have also unmarried and remarried the tazer. I have also noticed that I am getting the proper tire sensor readings; but those sensors have also gone out before every so often but then comes back after a while. I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I am also running weighted beads. This problem has never happened before the install. So wondering if it’s the Tazer or where to begin. Any advise would be much appreciated.
It's a common problem... happened to me not too long ago. Set the pressure higher than the threshold until the warning goes bye-bye, then set it to where you want.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
It's a common problem... happened to me not too long ago. Set the pressure higher than the threshold until the warning goes bye-bye, then set it to where you want.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tpms-warning-well-this-is-odd.36894/

Thank you so much for the advise. Will go pump my tires back up to 38 psi before bringing it back down. Having said that, did you leave your current Tazer settings at 30 psi (or what ever the setting was at before) when you did this? Or did you change that around first?

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I have the 2020 JL diesel. Does anyone know if the Jeep JL automatically picks up when you add bigger tires? The reason I ask is because I added 35’s. I didn’t check with gps yesterday. I added my Tazer today I measured my tires and adjusted the Tazer the first measurement above 34. I gps it and it was 2mph off from gps. Not a big deal but I decided to go up to the next up. Still 2mph off. So I went to the next and next and next all the way up to 37,s still 2 mph off. Is it possible that the Jeep software is overriding the Tazer?

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank you so much for the advise. Will go pump my tires back up to 38 psi before bringing it back down. Having said that, did you leave your current Tazer settings at 30 psi (or what ever the setting was at before) when you did this? Or did you change that around first?
I put mine at 22psi & run mine around 28-32psi (fluctuates with temperature). I figured if they go below 22 psi, something needs a looking at.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I left my Tazer at the lowest setting (I don't recall what it is).... warning never reappeared.

Fuzzy Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I have the 2020 JL diesel. Does anyone know if the Jeep JL automatically picks up when you add bigger tires? The reason I ask is because I added 35’s. I didn’t check with gps yesterday. I added my Tazer today I measured my tires and adjusted the Tazer the first measurement above 34. I gps it and it was 2mph off from gps. Not a big deal but I decided to go up to the next up. Still 2mph off. So I went to the next and next and next all the way up to 37,s still 2 mph off. Is it possible that the Jeep software is overriding the Tazer?
the setting didnt take....i do the full reboot after changing the setting, then turn truck on and off for 3 key cycles...waiting for dash lights to go out in between

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
the setting didnt take....i do the full reboot after changing the setting, then turn truck on and off for 3 key cycles...waiting for dash lights to go out in between
thanks because I've yet to get it change

Last edited:

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
thanks because I've yet to get it change
I have a 2020 JLUR with the 3.6. When I got my Tazer mini I updated it (11.1.5) before using it. It would not change my tire size, no matter what I changed it to. I sent it back to Zautomotive, and they sent another one. Same result. I rolled the firmware back to 11.1.4 and it works fine. I dont know what is up with 11.1.5 and the 2020.

I also bought an AEV procal snap, it worked fine to change tire size.

I went back to the Tazer because I have the front camera. I have since updated it to 11.1.8, but haven't monkeyed with the tire size settings, so I dont know if it will have any effect.

Try 11.1.4 with your diesel.

roll

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
vw tdi
I have a 2020 JLUR with the 3.6. When I got my Tazer mini I updated it (11.1.5) before using it. It would not change my tire size, no matter what I changed it to. I sent it back to Zautomotive, and they sent another one. Same result. I rolled the firmware back to 11.1.4 and it works fine. I dont know what is up with 11.1.5 and the 2020.

I also bought an AEV procal snap, it worked fine to change tire size.

I went back to the Tazer because I have the front camera. I have since updated it to 11.1.8, but haven't monkeyed with the tire size settings, so I dont know if it will have any effect.

Try 11.1.4 with your diesel.
I’ve yet to get mine to change. In fact I was going to show someone the light show and couldn’t it to come up.

Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve yet to get mine to change. In fact I was going to show someone the light show and couldn’t it to come up.
Did you change your firmware?

I would love to know if it works with 11.1.4 firmware

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the live features but once I opened the hood with it parked, off and locked and the light show started by its self. I messaged Joe at Z automotive and he told me that that is the hood alarm.

Funny

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
OK question? I have a 2019 JLU with sport option. NoT originally equipped with LED'S I added the switchback leds to front turn signals so now at night they light up white, until turn signal is turned on it will flash yellow. Is there any way to have them stay on white during the day. I enabled led for front turn signal. I enabled DRL and USA, but if I use turn signal the light yellow not white.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I like the live features but once I opened the hood with it parked, off and locked and the light show started by its self. I messaged Joe at Z automotive and he told me that that is the hood alarm.

Funny
Same thing happened to me on Sunday. I had the hood open doing the wiring on my ARB twin compressor install and the light show was going. No horn beep or anything like an alarm; just the lights flashing in sequence. I just locked (or unlocked...can't remember which) the jeep from the key fob and it stopped. I only knew what it was because I read your post about it that morning.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Same thing happened to me on Sunday. I had the hood open doing the wiring on my ARB twin compressor install and the light show was going. No horn beep or anything like an alarm; just the lights flashing in sequence. I just locked (or unlocked...can't remember which) the jeep from the key fob and it stopped. I only knew what it was because I read your post about it that morning.
I didn't even notice mine until I was in the house and looking outside.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.