Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So after airing back up from 18 on the trails, all 4 sensors showed a low pressure warning. After driving, three read ok, one won't clear up. I checked multiple times with a digital gauge, and all 4 read 34 psi. They all fluctuate as expected, but the error still shows.

I can Tazer the threshold lower, but after 24 hours, I'm not sure why only one sensor shows a warning when another has the same psi, and another is lower than the stated 36.

TPMS.jpg
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Try getting them all to read 35+, it can read another decimal place then you’re seeing so I’m guessing the other is a bit lower even though they show the same. Mine did that when I went below the factory spec. Of course the tazer is the best route.

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Try getting them all to read 35+, it can read another decimal place then you’re seeing so I’m guessing the other is a bit lower even though they show the same. Mine did that when I went below the factory spec. Of course the tazer is the best route.
I'll give this a spin later today... thank you for the advice. :like:

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
This is my experience too. I can have all read 34 after wheeling or a cool morning and it’ll complain about just one. If you can lower the threshold, I would or - what I do - find a gas station with a nice digital air pump and set it to 34 PSI and hit all the tires. One near me is pretty accurate and it seems to get them all just above the line where the warning would illuminate.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a low pressure threshold - let’s say 35 for example. Once you get a low pressure warning, you have to raise all tire pressures above that threshold to remove the warning. Once you exceed the threshold, the light goes off and then it can drop below that threshold up to a certain point (maybe 10-15%) before the light comes on again.

Sponsored

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
There’s a low pressure threshold - let’s say 35 for example. Once you get a low pressure warning, you have to raise all tire pressures above that threshold to remove the warning. Once you exceed the threshold, the light goes off and then it can drop below that threshold up to a certain point (maybe 10-15%) before the light comes on again.
+ @tCub ... It's an eyesore. I know the pressure is fine, but that red light is just annoying. Hopeuflly after I get home I've seen the last of it.

Much thank-yous for the tips, gents. I feel like Kramer in The Chicken Roaster episode.

upload_2019-9-3_8-45-24.jpeg

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
So after airing back up from 18 on the trails, all 4 sensors showed a low pressure warning. After driving, three read ok, one won't clear up. I checked multiple times with a digital gauge, and all 4 read 34 psi. They all fluctuate as expected, but the error still shows.

I can Tazer the threshold lower, but after 24 hours, I'm not sure why only one sensor shows a warning when another has the same psi, and another is lower than the stated 36.

TPMS.jpg
Put a piece of electrical tape over it. Happy motoring !

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

TPMS.jpg
All great advise you getting so far, even the electrical tape, I had a piece of that over my CEL on my old work truck, worked great, lol :rock:.. this what I do and it may not be for everyone. I tazer my warning threshold down to 10 as I don’t like that particular feature anyway, I know when my tires are going down and I can pretty much tell when they’re flat...:).... Again, this only my .02. Glad to see you wheeling your rig brother....:clap:

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
I set my psi where I want it and ignore it. As long as its not chiming, dinging etc or shutting off the engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
All great advise you getting so far, even the electrical tape, I had a piece of that over my CEL on my old work truck, worked great, lol :rock:.. this what I do and it may not be for everyone. I tazer my warning threshold down to 10 as I don’t like that particular feature anyway, I know when my tires are going down and I can pretty much tell when they’re flat...:).... Again, this only my .02. Glad to see you wheeling your rig brother....:clap:
An eyepatch on the dash...I'll admit I wouldn't have thought of it... but dang you still @higbyz !

I'm waiting patiently for the RH lower control & MC skids. I done heard & seen all the scraping underneath & now I know I need to wrap the underbelly in a steel condom. The wheeling is a good time.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I had an old Honda that wasnt about to pass state inspection because the air bag warning light was on. Put a piece of electrical tape over the warning light. PASSED!:like:

OP
OP
melendez69

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
+ @UNC Rubicon... Worked like a charm... puffed up the problem tire to 38, started her up & red light be gone. Aired down to 34 & still no warning.
Thank you again... I can now sleep at night without visions of black tape.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
+ @UNC Rubicon... Worked like a charm... puffed up the problem tire to 38, started her up & red light be gone. Aired down to 34 & still no warning.
Glad it worked for you. I was running 34 or so but I’d occasionally get a low pressure light. I ended up dropping the threshold to 32 with the Tazer and haven’t had an issue since.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Glad to be of help, all these nannies are great for normal drivers; but auto enthusiasts should have a master disable this crap button. Happy wheeling.
Sponsored