Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hey Everyone,

I laughed at some of the comments about big hands, and some mangling...

The SGW extension cable was a blessing... glad I listened to the advice on another thread.

By the time I got the two stock connectors apart and the extension cable plugged in, my hands were a bit of a bloody mess. Lots of sharp metal from the stamping of some of the brackets. Crazy stuff.

But... well worth the effort.

Jeff
Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
I have a Tazer as well and after programming the tire size my ABS brakes lights flash whenever I use the brakes. The brakes then hold until I hit the gas.
That’s intentional - brake hold function (locks brakes when you’re in gear and hold the pedal down fairly hard). ABS and parking brake lights will come on, brakes hold until you hit the accelerator.

Handy for sitting at long lights and stuff. Pretty sure you can turn it off in options.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That’s intentional - brake hold function (locks brakes when you’re in gear and hold the pedal down fairly hard). ABS and parking brake lights will come on, brakes hold until you hit the accelerator.

Handy for sitting at long lights and stuff. Pretty sure you can turn it off in options.
You have to go in and set those options. Sounded like he did not enable those. Not sure. I have not enabled mine and they are not active.

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
Mine was on by default. Could depend on firmware version.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was on by default. Could depend on firmware version.
I installed mine early this month. I did the update before install. I would have to go run through setting to see what new update was. So far I have only enabled hood alarm, tire size and third brake light flash.
Roky showed me how to set Button Remap: This function allows the assignment of “hotkeys” for quick access to some of the Tazer’s
functions. Like the Swaykill feature.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
The Tazer mystery is solved..:clap:
The reason the Tazer LED was not coming on and not marrying to the Jeep is.....wait for this.....the SGW fuse F05 was blown :headbang:....not sure what blew it :facepalm:....I now have a functioning Tazer Mini :handsinair:

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
This was the most painful mod I have ever made...lol...emotionally and physically.

Is there a reason that little plug has to be so difficult to remove? And couldn't Jeep find a worse place to mount it....ugh!!

That all said, the Tazer mini is a nice addition...buy the extension cable for sure...even it was a challenge to install...:swear:

Tankeryankeraa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Fuel Tanker Tanker

eubea999

First Name
eubea999
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler '22 JL Willys 2-Door
resurrecting an old thread - about to install on my '22 JL Willys and didn't get the extension cable..... 😵

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
resurrecting an old thread - about to install on my '22 JL Willys and didn't get the extension cable..... 😵
Well, the ZAutomotive security gateway extension cable is not required but you might want to hold off a few days to do the install. Order the cable and then when it arrives do the install. This way you only have to deal with the security gateway connectors once during the ownership of your JL.

Sponsored

eubea999

First Name
eubea999
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, the ZAutomotive security gateway extension cable is not required but you might want to hold off a few days to do the install. Order the cable and then when it arrives do the install. This way you only have to deal with the security gateway connectors once during the ownership of your JL.
yea, that makes sense - it's pretty fast delivery too - ordd on Wed and deld on Sat

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

eubea999

First Name
eubea999
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DO.. do, take thetime to read over the Tazer JL instructions a few times before you do the Tazer JL install.Read very very carefully and learn about the importance of sleep cycles and such.

Also..... read here before you install the ZAutomotive security gateway extension cable:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/🟢-➿-security-gateway-extension-cable-use-explained-➿.111159/
awesome info - thanks much! 👍👍
and hopefully the only hiccup is the pita to get the plugs out 😁

eubea999

First Name
eubea999
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just a qq, and I've read the online manual, but I am not sure of - the full reboot and two sleep cycle process... is that done after every individual change or can I just do that one time after I say change five things?

eubea999

First Name
eubea999
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ignore - all good - I just made a few changes for now (in motion, hood alarm, camera turn signal) and then did the 2 cycle reboot all the changes took... will go through the others in more detail...

this was extremely easy process overall - grabbed the latest update as well - and thanks again for the help...

the panel came off very easily as well as the plugs - literally seconds after pressing the clips and wiggling it out slowly straight down - and I see the point of adding the extension cable to just leave dangling for when I need to head to service...

👍👍
Sponsored