Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer pins are male...none are bent...the extension cable when plugged in the hard to reach connector has male pins, so Tazer can't be plugged in to that. The other cable ends that where plugged in to the hard to reach connector are female pins, this is plugged in to the Tazer. The wires look ok, but I'm wondering if something got messed up when pulling on the cable to remove it....😬
Well, not good. No electrical wizard here. Wonder if the dry lube is not letting pins connect if its on them. Just putting what if's out. I pulled on cables with ring finger/pinky while pressing clip. Would really had to of pulled cables hard to mess them up. Pretty tough cables I would think. The space there was really tight to get hard pull. Wish I knew.
Sponsored

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Well, not good. No electrical wizard here. Wonder if the dry lube is not letting pins connect if its on them. Just putting what if's out. I pulled on cables with ring finger/pinky while pressing clip. Would really had to of pulled cables hard to mess them up. Pretty tough cables I would think. The space there was really tight to get hard pull. Wish I knew.
It shouldn't be that good of an insulator unless someone used the wrong lube..

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01, would you be so kind to share the video with me as well? Much appreciated
@Kevin_S1126
@others .........that will be installing the Tazer JL Mini or Lite.

Guys/Gals with 2021 JL's have inadvertently attached their Tazer JL Mini to the wrong connectors.... they attached to the connectors for the amp.

Here is a video that very clearly points out the amplifier connect points and also points out the security gateway and it's connect points that you use with the Tazer JL Mini.

Anyway watch the full video..

NO, I do not recommend the AutoStop Eliminator shown in the video that is used to deal with ESS.

For working with ESS, I always recommend the SmartStopStart offering or a Tazer JL Mini.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
@Kevin_S1126
@others .........that will be installing the Tazer JL Mini or Lite.

Guys/Gals with 2021 JL's have inadvertently attached their Tazer JL Mini to the wrong connectors.... they attached to the connectors for the amp.

Here is a video that very clearly points out the amplifier connect points and also points out the security gateway and it's connect points that you use with the Tazer JL Mini.

Anyway watch the full video..

NO, I do not recommend the AutoStop Eliminator shown in the video that is used to deal with ESS.

For working with ESS, I always recommend the SmartStopStart offering or a Tazer JL Mini.

I watched the video....I removed the correct connectors, getting mangled hands to prove it. The amp connectors are in a bank of 4 connectors and would have been much easier to remove. Either I got 3 "bad" Tazers in a row or the connector has a problem. However, I haven't noticed anything not working in the Jeep when the cable is plugged in using the SGW extension cable. Clearly when the Tazer is plugged into the SGW connectors the Tazer LED does not turn on.

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
When the SGW cable is plugged into the extender cable, everything works in the Jeep....when it's plugged into the Tazer, the LED on the Tazer doesn't light-up like I've seen in all the videos.
I might add that when the SGW connector is plugged into the Tazer, everything in the Jeep works as well...front and back camera also...

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
When the SGW cable is plugged into the extender cable, everything works in the Jeep....when it's plugged into the Tazer, the LED on the Tazer doesn't light-up like I've seen in all the videos.
I might add that when the SGW connector is plugged into the Tazer, everything in the Jeep works as well...front and back camera also...
I'm I reading that you have gotten 3 New Tazers and none work? Connected to laptop with USB cable the red light works and it will go through the update screen ?

Have you reached out to Z Automotive ?

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Just to add my meaningless comments: I just installed this and full time is 15 minutes (includes install, programming, rebooting). Super easy.

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I'm I reading that you have gotten 3 New Tazers and none work? Connected to laptop with USB cable the red light works and it will go through the update screen ?

Have you reached out to Z Automotive ?
Yes, what you said is correct. I purchased the 1st one on Amazon, returned it. I got the next two from Z Automotive directly. I've been corresponding with Ian at Z Automotive. I got the 2nd replacement late last Friday afternoon, should hear from them Monday as what to do.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Just to add my meaningless comments: I just installed this and full time is 15 minutes (includes install, programming, rebooting). Super easy.
I know, I was hoping for the same....so far I'm having bad luck with this 392. Had a bad O-ring problem from day one.....leaking coolant from behind the water pump.....the mechanic at the dealer had to bend a clamp to keep the tube from backing out....next the TPMS from Discount Tires don't work when changed to 37's and new wheels....now this....what next.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I know, I was hoping for the same....so far I'm having bad luck with this 392. Had a bad O-ring problem from day one.....leaking coolant from behind the water pump.....the mechanic at the dealer had to bend a clamp to keep the tube from backing out....next the TPMS from Discount Tires don't work when changed to 37's and new wheels....now this....what next.
Sounds like it's time to trade it in for a Honda Ridgeline

forcefedjunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0L T/ 2021 Rubicon 392
I have a Tazer as well and after programming the tire size my ABS brakes lights flash whenever I use the brakes. The brakes then hold until I hit the gas. This will go away after numerous starts and perhaps 20 miles of driving. I did the reboot procedure BTW. Also, after trying the "force RWD" the transfer indicator lights are permanently turned off. When enabling 4H or 4H part time etc non of the lights will come on.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Tazer as well and after programming the tire size my ABS brakes lights flash whenever I use the brakes. The brakes then hold until I hit the gas. This will go away after numerous starts and perhaps 20 miles of driving. I did the reboot procedure BTW. Also, after trying the "force RWD" the transfer indicator lights are permanently turned off. When enabling 4H or 4H part time etc non of the lights will come on.
No expert but have you updated Tazer? Might unmarry and connect to laptop and see if update is there. Then remarry and make sure you are not accidently changing other settings on your way to Tire size. Just putting suggestions out.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, what you said is correct. I purchased the 1st one on Amazon, returned it. I got the next two from Z Automotive directly. I've been corresponding with Ian at Z Automotive. I got the 2nd replacement late last Friday afternoon, should hear from them Monday as what to do.
Wondering have you find issue for your tazer yet?
Sponsored