Tazer JL start stop anyone else have issues

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I've been having trouble with my start stop feature this week since updating to v6. I actually am one of the few who likes the SS feature, so I did NOT turn the "SS KILL" function on with the Taser. With Tazer plugged in and the SS Kill setting OFF, my start stop screen on the dash reads "Not Ready Driver Door Open" even when the door is closed. After troubleshooting myself I unplugged Tazer and unplugged my door harness as if I was removing the doors. Then reconnected the door harness (still with Tazer disconnected). After restarting the jeep, start stop functions properly. I then plugged the Tazer back in and the "Driver Door Open" message came back.

I've been in communication with someone at Tazer and they had me turn the Auto Park feature "AP Kill" OFF. He said the AP Kill feature was the culprit for the Driver Door Open message since they fool the system that way, but since doing that, I'm now getting different error messages. The Start Stop screen now says "Not Ready Battery Charging", then switched to "Not Ready Battery Protection Mode"? My battery indicator is saying my voltage is 13.6, so it's not low, but that is only reading the main battery I'm assuming. I just find it a strange coincidence that these messages popped up all of a sudden? I've had my Tazer through 2 different updates and everything functioned properly until I updated to v6. I disconnected the battery hoping to reboot, but still have the same messages regarding battery.

Anyone else had any similar issues?
Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Sorry nothing to report, just installed mine & your post scared me off from turning that option on. Good luck resolving it.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Mine works great! No issues at all.

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been having trouble with my start stop feature this week since updating to v6. I actually am one of the few who likes the SS feature, so I did NOT turn the "SS KILL" function on with the Taser. With Tazer plugged in and the SS Kill setting OFF, my start stop screen on the dash reads "Not Ready Driver Door Open" even when the door is closed. After troubleshooting myself I unplugged Tazer and unplugged my door harness as if I was removing the doors. Then reconnected the door harness (still with Tazer disconnected). After restarting the jeep, start stop functions properly. I then plugged the Tazer back in and the "Driver Door Open" message came back.

I've been in communication with someone at Tazer and they had me turn the Auto Park feature "AP Kill" OFF. He said the AP Kill feature was the culprit for the Driver Door Open message since they fool the system that way, but since doing that, I'm now getting different error messages. The Start Stop screen now says "Not Ready Battery Charging", then switched to "Not Ready Battery Protection Mode"? My battery indicator is saying my voltage is 13.6, so it's not low, but that is only reading the main battery I'm assuming. I just find it a strange coincidence that these messages popped up all of a sudden? I've had my Tazer through 2 different updates and everything functioned properly until I updated to v6. I disconnected the battery hoping to reboot, but still have the same messages regarding battery.

I have the same issue and found this thread but searching. Did you find a solution?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My Tazer is currently unmarried and removed from my Jeep as I am working thru other issues currently so doing a process of elimination on isolating the problem

Sponsored

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My Tazer is currently unmarried and removed from my Jeep as I am working thru other issues currently so doing a process of elimination on isolating the problem
Kind of a pain.. this thing wasn't cheap

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JC2692

John, You mentioned in an earlier post "I have the same issue". I'm a tad unclear, (other's probably are also) exactly, what issue you are having.

Take a few minutes and explain here, what exactly your issue is. Mention what you have tried to remedy the issue. This might net you a fix or work around.

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@JC2692

John, You mentioned in an earlier post "I have the same issue". I'm a tad unclear, (other's probably are also) exactly, what issue you are having.

Take a few minutes and explain here, what exactly your issue is. Mention what you have tried to remedy the issue. This might net you a fix or work around.

Sure! I figured it would be easier to just bold the issues on his post that I'm having.

However, the error message on my screen after turning off "AP KILL" was just "start stop not ready."

I've also been getting a message telling me that my blind spot detector is defective and to go for service since turning off "AP KILL." I do not have blind spot detectors

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JC2692

So, have you tried anything to remedy the issue.

What happens when you enable AP ?

Also, have you unmarried the Tazer JL to see if issues then go away.

You are going to have to cough up a lot more info if you want ideas on how to remedy the issue.

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@JC2692

So, have you tried anything to remedy the issue.

What happens when you enable AP ?

Also, have you unmarried the Tazer JL to see if issues then go away.

You are going to have to cough up a lot more info if you want ideas on how to remedy the issue.

I unplugged Tazer and unplugged my door harness as if I was removing the doors. Then reconnected the door harness (still with Tazer disconnected). After restarting the jeep, start stop functions properly. I then plugged the Tazer back in and the "Driver Door Open" message came back.

I also unmarried and remarried the Tazer with no change. When AP KILL is on, the start stop does not work and the screen tells me that the driver's door is open. When AP KILL is off, the start stop does not work and the screen simply says start stop not ready, nothing else. Sorry if I was unclear in my other message

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JC2692

If you unmarry the Tazer JL and remove the Tazer JL hardware, are all the issues you are having remedied?

Get the Tazer JL out of the picture completely.

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@JC2692

If you unmarry the Tazer JL and remove the Tazer JL hardware, are all the issues you are having remedied?

Get the Tazer JL out of the picture completely.
Yes, unmarried and Tazer removed everything functions as normal. I then remarried and did a full reboot with the same results as before. With AP Kill on, start stop is disabled with an open driver's door reason. With AP Kill off, start stop is disabled with no message saying why, the screen just says start/stop disabled.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
I have a feeling your unit has a problem, perhaps a bad internal connection causing it to send some erroneous data on the bus. I haven’t seen this issue on other Jeeps - the only thing that seemed to make sense was the door open message due to how APKill works, but that shouldn’t have an effect on ESS. Blind spot shouldn’t be triggered by anything the tazer does, either.
Best bet is probably to email me, let’s swap out for a new unit...
[email protected]

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running without my Tazer since getting it back from the service folks and after getting it back the voltage was in the mid 14’s and ESS works perfectly and no charging error message.

Now after driving it several days with the Tazer still not in service my voltage has dropped to the mid 13’s and floats up and down like it did when first getting it so running down the road voltage on the EVIC reads 13.3-13.5 down from the 14.2-14.4 and ESS functions perfectly and when I decelerate the voltage creeps up to 13.8-14.0 and then once stopped drops back down to the 13.3-13.5 and ESS functions perfectly and no current issues.

My plan as I stated is to run the month of December with no Tazer and see what happens with voltages and ESS operations and see if I get any upsets, I have a battery tender coming so going to put that on until I get a solid charge.

Come Jan if I don’t have issues I will then remarry the Tazer to the Jeep and just set tire size and tpms alarm limits then remove it and again monitor for another month to see what if any issues come up then if all goes well will then start using the live features and again monitor voltage and check for to see if ESS works if I manually engage it and hopefully all goes well but time will tell.

I don’t think the Tazer caused my issues but that is the only item in play that would put any load on the battery outside of whatever FCA has on my Jeep as I currently have no aftermarket items that would draw power, I am really hoping all works well as I like what the Tazer has to offer but I want to proceed slowly and see what happens as I slowly put it back into service

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I have the same issue and found this thread but searching. Did you find a solution?
I’m just running with the tazer not connected currently until a fix is available.
Sponsored