Tazer/ Smart StopStart Review

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Oh well, my posts in the other thread are being deleted.

Just for reference, the Tazer does NOT need to be married to have the ESS kill function work.

And the latest update will remember last state of ESS (and traction control) and set it to that for you, instead of having to choose the state in a menu setting like it currently is.

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Love my Tazer and getting rid of the start stop was a huge priority for me.

Thanks joe@zauto!

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY

Just for reference, the Tazer does NOT need to be married to have the ESS kill function work.

And the latest update will remember last state of ESS (and traction control) and set it to that for you, instead of having to choose the state in a menu setting like it currently is.
Isn't ESS Kill a live function? So to clarify, not married, but plugged in, right?

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@joe@zauto So with the Tazer plugged in and not married one can still take advantage of the live settings ? I currently am running 11.06 and I honestly don’t remember seeing more than “ light show, marry and clear CEL” but not 100% sure either

Sponsored

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl

But the unit still has to be plugged in. The new update will perform like the smartstop? You will not need to have the unit plugged in, just set it like a non live feature.

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
It’s live for both tazer and smart stop start. Both products need to talk to the Jeep real-time to control the ESS state.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
It’s live for both tazer and smart stop start. Both products need to talk to the Jeep real-time to control the ESS state.
Then what is the new update you are talking about. Will it still be live.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

I actually prefer the Tazer disabling ESS every time the engine restarts. Would it be possible to select whether the Tazer remembers the last state of the ESS?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JeepU4IA

Yes, with 11.0.7h beta firmware (made avail. today, 1/30/19 at ZAutomotive's website) the Tazer will remember the last state in regard to ESS.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@JeepU4IA

Yes, with 11.0.7h beta firmware (made avail. today, 1/30/19 at ZAutomotive's website) the Tazer will remember the last state in regard to ESS.
I think he is saying he likes the old way the tazer handles ESS and was asking for a menu option to choose the old way or the new way to handle ESS
Sponsored