Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As lots of us have spent time trying to decipher whether the JL has issues with Uconnect or issues with Uconnect and the Tazer and I mean the Tazer in general regardless of which one or which firmware or unconnect the Tazer and selected options within the Tazer for what you are wanting to use it does not matter and all we can do now is agree to disagree as some are very convinced that there is a direct correlation between the Tazer and the JL and some say no issues what so ever.

I personally ran my own little non scientific testing for two weeks and could not conclusively say the Tazer caused me any problems so it comes down to do I unmarry it and put it away in the drawer and wait for a fix or do I use it and hope it does not drain my battery and leave me stranded, well I have chosen to utilize what I have to have and that is having my speedometer correct so once I changed tire size and also my threshold limits for TPMS since I run my tire pressures below 30 cold and fog light drop I unplugged the Tazer and it sits in the box, so one might ask if I’m not worried why put it away well I honestly don’t really need the live features other than disable ESS and that I can control other ways so if I don’t need to utilize them then why induce something into the mix that may cause me issues and I do believe that having it unplugged will not cause me any issues even though its married and I have made a few software changes so to me it’s no different than having the dealer flash my system as far as I can tell so with all my ramblings I hope there are those out there that have at least been slightly more informed on the Tazer since all these conversations have started and as Rocko from Boondock Saints said it best catch you on the flip side

Sponsored

Last edited:

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Thanks for your thoughts and observations. I found it useful. I think Uconnect is at least as flakey as the Tazer appears to be. I may still get one, but there are so many other projects I can put this one off for a bit.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
I've had flakey reporting on uconnect well before the Tazer. For some reason the reporting has been working well for the past month or two. Never had any change once the Tazer JL mini was installed, worked as documented from day one.
Sponsored