synergy vs steersmarts

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Just helped a buddy swap his top mount steer smarts draglink to a bottom mount.... he has 4.5" RK springs. Our last trip to the off road park, he was hitting his top mount. For whatever that's worth.
Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It’s a win-win proposition, both of those companies are respected and produce quality parts that exceed OEM parts. You won’t be wrong in choosing either one.

SteerSmarts produced this video through, FWIW
They designed a test that they knew their bar would win. Not really sure what that proves as it does not reflect real life usage. This video is also from 2016 and is testing JK products. Our JK drag link has been redesigned since this video was released and it is not indicative of current products.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going CavFab http://cavfab.com/CavFab-JLJLU-Alpha-Elite-Steering-System_p_278.html

"NO BS LifeTime warranty, you break it..we will replace it."
During Jeep beach week they had I think 15% off. I should have jumped on cavfab then but I ended up going with steersmarts since I got a good deal through RCO after the cavfab sale was over. Either way you can't go wrong. One thing I will say is steersmarts will help you out whenever you need it. I was on Instagram over the weekend messaging them and they were not stop replying and helping out. Super unexpected and appreciated.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a win-win proposition, both of those companies are respected and produce quality parts that exceed OEM parts. You won’t be wrong in choosing either one.

SteerSmarts produced this video through, FWIW
I think what's most telling in this video is amount of flex each manufacturer has. Most of them appear to be about the same but SS base model seems to have the most flex of them all.

I'd like to see the results of stock JL components in this test.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They designed a test that they knew their bar would win. Not really sure what that proves as it does not reflect real life usage. This video is also from 2016 and is testing JK products. Our JK drag link has been redesigned since this video was released and it is not indicative of current products.
Maybe come up with your own test then? There’s no telling how many setups SS has sold due to that video but I bet it’s many. I’m still running the stock setup so I don’t really have a dog in this fight, but I’d love to see another test!

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Ive run Steersmarts for the last 4-5 years and the setup was awesome with no issues. Im up in northern Ontario so it seen some of the crappiest of conditions and never had issues with adjusters rusting and seizing. Great company to deal with and always friendly to chat with

For the JL, its best to stick with the bottom mount on the steersmarts due the bar coming in contact with the frame rail under compression. Lots jumped on to the top mount because we ran them on the JK's for better steering angles, just need 3" of bumpstop but on the JL the frame and steering is slightly different dimensions causing the contact. You can still run a top mount but you will loose out on some up travel

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ive run Steersmarts for the last 4-5 years and the setup was awesome with no issues. Im up in northern Ontario so it seen some of the crappiest of conditions and never had issues with adjusters rusting and seizing. Great company to deal with and always friendly to chat with

For the JL, its best to stick with the bottom mount on the steersmarts due the bar coming in contact with the frame rail under compression. Lots jumped on to the top mount because we ran them on the JK's for better steering angles, just need 3" of bumpstop but on the JL the frame and steering is slightly different dimensions causing the contact. You can still run a top mount but you will loose out on some up travel
We've had no interference problems running top mount with our drag link and 3" of bump stop spacing on a 3" lift. We designed it to fit 3" and taller lifts with our track bar relocation bracket which we will have coming out soon. With our drag link you can actually set the orientation of the bar, so the bend in the bar can be angled up or down to give the clearance required for your setup.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
During Jeep beach week they had I think 15% off. I should have jumped on cavfab then but I ended up going with steersmarts since I got a good deal through RCO after the cavfab sale was over. Either way you can't go wrong. One thing I will say is steersmarts will help you out whenever you need it. I was on Instagram over the weekend messaging them and they were not stop replying and helping out. Super unexpected and appreciated.
Thanks Rob, I'm a sucker for a no BS lifetime warranty, I break sh!t.

OP
OP
Cali-JeepJL

Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Super helpful. I have messaged steersmarts to ask them for their opinion on top or bottom mount with my EVO 3.5” lift

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
We've had no interference problems running top mount with our drag link and 3" of bump stop spacing on a 3" lift. We designed it to fit 3" and taller lifts with our track bar relocation bracket which we will have coming out soon. With our drag link you can actually set the orientation of the bar, so the bend in the bar can be angled up or down to give the clearance required for your setup.
Yes, but I was referring to the SS top mount not yours. I do like your products, but have to say I’m finding hard to recommend them after seeing some interesting comments and name calling from Dave on FB groups.

Sponsored

edzel14k

First Name
Champ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I have the draglink with griffin, trackbar, tie rod, stabilizer, and sway bar end links all of the are steersmarts will be installing this friday can’t wait to test it out, will do a feedback once installed and tested

By the way i have a 2 inch lift dynatrac endurosport with 33inch tire 18inch wheels

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I would be looking for an aluminum setup. I see the CavFab and it looks the part. I expect LetzRoll Offroad to have one out by now too. If you rock crawl, the benefits of aluminum are huge... Simply no bent bars.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I want to be able to use the stock steering stabilizer mounting location.That pretty much limits choices as have been reading the steer smarts for some reason will not allow you to use OEM mounting. That seems like a poor design to me.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I want to be able to use the stock steering stabilizer mounting location.That pretty much limits choices as have been reading the steer smarts for some reason will not allow you to use OEM mounting. That seems like a poor design to me.
Is there an issue with using the tie rod clamp?

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
I do like your products, but have to say I’m finding hard to recommend them after seeing some interesting comments and name calling from Dave on FB groups.
Hey bud, don't get bent on me slamming someone for trying to bully me, my company and our distributors/customers. My direct line and contact info are below if you wanna pick up the phone and talk about it. In the end the offending party ran after he was called out on trying to take advantage of all the parties involved. I have multiple messages from several people that jumped on board to shame me apologizing for being so quick to judge the situation.

[email protected]
805-234-1760
Sponsored