Sponsored

Steersmarts or synergy with Falcon 2.2 stabilizer?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
So I was about to pull the trigger on the Steersmarts tie rod and drag link, but it sounds like it won't work with my Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer. Is this correct?

There's no bracket available to make them work together?

What about the Synergy stuff? Is there anything that works with the Falcon?
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
So I was about to pull the trigger on the Steersmarts tie rod and drag link, but it sounds like it won't work with my Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer. Is this correct?

There's no bracket available to make them work together?

What about the Synergy stuff? Is there anything that works with the Falcon?

I cannot speak 100% on the Falcon 2.2 but I do have a similar setup using the Steer Smarts Rubi-length tie rod, bottom mount drag link along with a top mount Fox 2.0 TS, this combo works fine. I used the JK version Fox 2.0 TS along with a Synergy stabilizer stud mount/track bar bolt. Falcon also uses a clamp-on tie rod mount on their JK version and they might be able to switch your mounting bracket to the JK type, then just use a Synergy stabilizer stud mount/track bar bolt.

As for the tie rods themselves, I feel the Steer Smarts is a better choice-especially on a Rubi that has wider axles. Steer Smarts offers two tie rods, one standard length and one longer version for the wider axle Rubi. Synergy offers only one length that is really marginal for the wider axle Rubi.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jimmy. It will work with the Steer Smarts, but you will need to remove the axle-end bracket assembly from the Falcon and replace with a tie-rod clamp, and you will need to mount the stabilizer to the axle with a relocation bracket or by using a track bar bolt mount, which is what I did. This is basically the same thing Mike described for the Fox version.

The JK version of the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 already has this clamp, but you can get it separately.

Here's mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts or synergy with Falcon 2.2 stabilizer? IMG_3621

Check out this thread for more info, esp for tricks on getting the old bracket removed.

Good luck!

OP
OP
unsavory

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Hi Jimmy. It will work with the Steer Smarts, but you will need to remove the axle-end bracket assembly from the Falcon and replace with a tie-rod clamp, and you will need to mount the stabilizer to the axle with a relocation bracket or by using a track bar bolt mount, which is what I did. This is basically the same thing Mike described for the Fox version.

The JK version of the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 already has this clamp, but you can get it separately.

Here's mine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Steersmarts or synergy with Falcon 2.2 stabilizer? IMG_3621

Check out this thread for more info, esp for tricks on getting the old bracket removed.

Good luck!
Thanks! This is very helpful.
Sponsored