PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
For what its worth, I could not get the pinch bolt on my Synergy drag link to clamp, even up to 120 ft./lbs with a spec of 90. Synergy sent me a new collar, but it didn't work either, so I just had the shop pull it off and put on a drag link with a pinch bolt. The pinch bolt stays tight. I'm not sure what the deal was, my Synergy tie-rod will clamp, but the pinch bolts needed 125 ft/lbs (above what Synergy recommends, so I'm actually a bit concerned about it) to keep it fixed. Not trying to trash Synergy in the least, they were willing to work with me, I just got tired of it not working and found an easier fix.
Something ain't right Slim... There HAS to be an issue with how the double adjuster is orientated. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) with your set up pics and I can try to help you out. I've seen some VERY reputable shops fuck up on how these things are supposed to be set up so that could be the case here. Its crazy how many people WON'T read the instructions.
Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
Strange, do you line up the slits in the adjuster and the pinch clamp?
photo of the alignment. Like I said, Iā€™ve moved on. I accept that my case is odd and have nothing negative to say about the company, I just lost patience and went a different direction that is working.

05B1DA4D-17E9-4C36-A675-61B8E43B27D9.jpeg

PIG

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JL
photo of the alignment. Like I said, Iā€™ve moved on. I accept that my case is odd and have nothing negative to say about the company, I just lost patience and went a different direction that is working.
Yeah, a few red flags right out of the gate. The double adjuster should be showing about the same thread lengths on both the adjuster and the TRE. As you can see the adjuster is threaded in a bit further than the TRE. Next thing I would do is adjust the other TRE at the other end of the bar in a bit. The double adjuster assembly will clamp tighter as the assembly is adjusted out. Looks like a easy fix to me... Too bad you threw the towel in so easily and early on this. Did you reach out to us for assistance before you jumped ship?

Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
I have the Griffin, but JUST installed it. Will provide feedback, once i get it out there. You might want to consider the bottom-mount drag. A few have posted that you will have limited up-travel with doing a top mount. 1 person switched from top to bottom for that reason. MC recommends doing bottom for their 3.5.
Got any impressions on that Griffin yet? Iā€˜m curious to see how a little suspension piece will do there. Also post some pics for us!

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got any impressions on that Griffin yet? Iā€˜m curious to see how a little suspension piece will do there. Also post some pics for us!

Thanks for asking - i never provided feedback! :) I've liked it so far. I feel that it takes the small/quick vibrations out of the wheel, as designed. I do have 2 things to mention:

1) Depending on the steering setup you choose, your steering stabilizer might be a tight fit. I had to rotate the location of my Nexus 2, since it came in contact with the Griffin. There was some minimal damage, but i did rotate the SS to the rear a bit. I will post pics on this later today, as i have a FAD skid to install :rock:

2) Dont be under the impression that this does anything for death wobble - it does not. I am going to start another thread about my experience without running my Nexus (due to repair), but i did get DW 3 times. This does not help that.

Overall, i would say that it does help with the small vibrations and i have liked the product. I am happy with the purchase, so far.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Thanks for asking - i never provided feedback! :) I've liked it so far. I feel that it takes the small/quick vibrations out of the wheel, as designed. I do have 2 things to mention:

1) Depending on the steering setup you choose, your steering stabilizer might be a tight fit. I had to rotate the location of my Nexus 2, since it came in contact with the Griffin. There was some minimal damage, but i did rotate the SS to the rear a bit. I will post pics on this later today, as i have a FAD skid to install :rock:

2) Dont be under the impression that this does anything for death wobble - it does not. I am going to start another thread about my experience without running my Nexus (due to repair), but i did get DW 3 times. This does not help that.

Overall, i would say that it does help with the small vibrations and i have liked the product. I am happy with the purchase, so far.
Thatā€™s all great, looking forward to the pictures. Thanks for the added info!

Curious if anyone running the steersmart tie rod and track bar has had problems using use the the Falcon SP 2.2 or Fox steering stabilizers. I thought I read that they generaly donā€™t fit and I do see that SteerSmart provides an option to purchase their steering stabilizer. Would like more info on theirs as well including how it compares to the Fox and Falcon setups.

FYI my plan is go with Rock Krawler Pro-X and use their adj. front track bar with the griffin drag link and yeti xd tie rod, and SS relocation bracket.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thatā€™s all great, looking forward to the pictures. Thanks for the added info!

Curious if anyone running the steersmart tie rod and track bar has had problems using use the the Falcon SP 2.2 or Fox steering stabilizers. I thought I read that they generaly donā€™t fit and I do see that SteerSmart provides an option to purchase their steering stabilizer. Would like more info on theirs as well including how it compares to the Fox and Falcon setups.

FYI my plan is go with Rock Krawler Pro-X and use their adj. front track bar with the griffin drag link and yeti xd tie rod, and SS relocation bracket.
I have a JK Falcon stabilizer and Steer Smarts tie rod, drag link and track bar. It fits for the most part, but there is some light rubbing on the tie rod end of the Falcon at full stuff (with no added bump stop). The main problem is the track bar. The adjusting collar clamps are just too big and it's large diameter. There is no way to position them where the bolts aren't in the way of something, and the large diameter makes clearance at full lock tight. That being said, with the Falcon mounted on top of the tie rod, it will contact some hose support brackets coming off the radiator at full stuff (it would probably take about 1/2" additional bump stop to avoid this). I never checked clearance at all the extremes with the stock parts, but I assume there were no issues.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will be heading to SMORR next weekend, so i plan to re-check everything at full stuff on all sides. I will report back, based on my setup, after next weekend.....and if i do any adjustments.
Sponsored