Sponsored

Steering Stabilizer Relocation, MC vs Synergy

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC Yukon XL, 2006 BMW M3
I'm looking to relocate my steering stabilizer, not sure which of these two kits to get. I have 3.75 inch lift, 37 inch tires and ZERO steering issues. But I think its a matter of time before I crush my stabilizer out on the trail. Is there a particular advantage to either the MC or Synergy kit? I like the Synergy kit a bit more, but that is based only on the fact I thought it looked clever, not any experience. Or is there another option I'm missing? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the track bar bolt from synergy and it works well with my retrofitted JL nexus 2.2. both are great companies though I don't think you can go wrong.

IMG_20190801_150649.jpg
Thanks man, I figured there wasn't a huge difference between the two, just wanted to make sure. I think I'll buy the Synergy, I dig the design.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm looking to relocate my steering stabilizer, not sure which of these two kits to get. I have 3.75 inch lift, 37 inch tires and ZERO steering issues. But I think its a matter of time before I crush my stabilizer out on the trail. Is there a particular advantage to either the MC or Synergy kit? I like the Synergy kit a bit more, but that is based only on the fact I thought it looked clever, not any experience. Or is there another option I'm missing? Thanks
I like the Metalcloak and SteerSmarts ones because they are double-shear mounting on the one side. But the other is single in all kits so probably not a big deal.

Last edited:

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I have the Metal Cloak relocation kit. Too much work involved. If I had to do it over I would choose the Steer Smarts solution. Good luck in your decision.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have the track bar bolt from synergy and it works well with my retrofitted JL nexus 2.2. both are great companies though I don't think you can go wrong.

IMG_20190801_150649.jpg
What lower coil isolator is that it looks different

OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have run Steer Smarts brackets in all of our JL's so far, no issues.
From what I can see, and I could clearly be wrong, Steer Smarts only has the axle side bracket. They don't have a little kit that includes everything I need.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
From what I can see, and I could clearly be wrong, Steer Smarts only has the axle side bracket. They don't have a little kit that includes everything I need.
They have a tie rod clamp, it can be seen in the attached photo.

IMG_2028.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
morricus

morricus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have a tie rod clamp, it can be seen in the attached photo.

IMG_2028.jpg
Ah, gottcha. Total cost of both is about $165 vs $80 or so for the Synergy and the MC. Do you feel the Steer Smarts is worth double the price? Asking honestly, I'll pay more if there is a legimate reason, but don't like spending money if I don't have to. Thanks for the info, this is helpful.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Ah, gottcha. Total cost of both is about $165 vs $80 or so for the Synergy and the MC. Do you feel the Steer Smarts is worth double the price? Asking honestly, I'll pay more if there is a legimate reason, but don't like spending money if I don't have to. Thanks for the info, this is helpful.
I have not used Synergy's brackets and can not speak to their quality. The Steer Smarts ones are very nice though.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I like the Metalcloak and SteerSmarts ones because they are double-shear mounting on the one side. But the other is single in all kids so probably not a big deal.
I agree, single shear just seems like phoning it in but clearly it works, and it IS just a stabilizer, not a critical component

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I love MC but don’t care for their relocation kit. I think the tie rod attachment could be much better. The steer smart one is excellent. Top notch and in true steer smart fashion extremely overbuilt which we love!

Brett

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I have not used Synergy's brackets and can not speak to their quality. The Steer Smarts ones are very nice though.
Curious, I just bought the Falcon stabilizer, do I need both the relo bracket and the tie rod clamp? Does the tie rod clamp work with the stock one? Noticed SS mentioned aftermarket fit in their description.
Sponsored